July 19,2010- East Rutherford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really starting to wonder about a second NJ show now. There are still tickets available, and it has been discovered that a large amount of tickets haven't even been put on sale yet. Has the holding off on releasing a large amount of tickets occured in any other city during this round of sales?

Maybe they are just gonna add Philly 2?

Red Zone looks awfully tempting, but I already have tix for section 106. I would be afraid that if I got Red Zone tix then no one would buy my section 106 tix. Also, would a bid of 190 even get me the tix?

SMB

I expect RZ to get up to $200. It's gone up $15 just in the last few hours.

Is Red Zone worth it?

SMB

I loved it for Vegas. My wife is shorter, so without lining up all day she got a great view of the band. I'm 6 feet tall, so I wasn't blocking anyone's view. :up:

If you can get RZ for less than $250, for at least one show it's worth it.

(Vegas was a little more than that, but...it was VEGAS!)

It depends. I paid $150 for RZ in both DC and Charlottesville, and for me it was worth it. I was with my dad, and he didn't want to line up for GA. I hate seats, so this was a good compromise for us. RZ is a stress-free GA ticket without the congestion and pushing, so if you're looking for that, it's great. We arrived at 3pm and got a nice rail spot on Edge's side for both shows. We could have come much later and still gotten on the rail.

I probably wouldn't do it alone, personally. I like the regular GA experience.

That said, I don't have a GA for this show. :sad:

I tried for GA tickets exactly at 10AM but they said none were available. Then tried for $30 seats but they were behind the stage off to the side sec 307, 345. It seems like they would sort of be an obstructed view though.

I may try and do Red Zone bid tomorrow for Philly

SMB

I don't like the bid up $5 every time approach. I would pick a reasonable amount, bid it and then check it 24 hours before the end of the auction. You can re-evaluate it then if you want to bid more or take your chances or then bid little bits just before the very end of the auction.

So, you can change ur bids? Also, if it was 170 and say I bid 200, if I won, would I only have to pay what the highest bid was after?

SMB

So, you can change ur bids? Also, if it was 170 and say I bid 200, if I won, would I only have to pay what the highest bid was after?

SMB

Great question. You pay what you bid, i.e., $200. It is NOT like eBay, unfortunately. I learned that lesson last time around. As a side note, I won the RZ auction at a dollar amount less than what TM indicated was the low amount. But I wouldn't count on that happening again.

I won DC for less than the final price, too. It ended at $155, but I got it for $150.

There are VERY FEW seats left for NJ3. The only 95 dollar pairs are behind the stage in the second level, and there are no more in the lowers. 55 pairs left are ONLY in the high 300s. Maybe, MAYBE, a show will be announced. By the end of the day (people are starting to get outta work) there may be a sell out or singles left

SMB

They need to sell those too though. I doubt they want to get stuck with $250 seats for two nights.

$250s are often the last tickets to sell. Plus, I think they are very conservative in how many they release at that price. The key for an NJ4 show will be the $95 dollar tickets on the 3rd level. If all those were soldout or close to it at this point, they would be talking about NJ4.

Not sure how the seating format is on the 3rd level, but it appears that $55 and $30 have only been released behind the stage. I think they were hoping to sell $95 all the way around the front, even in the back. What I think they will do now is split the remaining sections evenly between $95, $55 and $30. Ticket sales for $95 have clearly stopped for today at least. Its been several hours now and when you request $95 third level, it still takes you to section 311 row 12 or 13.
Perhaps Philadelphia will get a second show. The stadium there is smaller, plus they did not get any shows in 2009. Montreal might get a second show too. But that means they would need to add 4 more cities if they want to do a full 20 shows on the second US leg. Maybe Boston will get a third show after all.

At 4:24 this is what came up

Section
Row 26
Seats
Description 118
24 - 25
Price Level 1
Concourse 1 Reserved TypeStandard Admission - Select GA / Reserved BelowTicket PriceUS $250.00 x 2 Price Details Facility ChargeUS $3.00 x 2Convenience ChargeUS $15.45 x 2

There are VERY FEW seats left for NJ3. The only 95 dollar pairs are behind the stage in the second level, and there are no more in the lowers. 55 pairs left are ONLY in the high 300s. Maybe, MAYBE, a show will be announced. By the end of the day (people are starting to get outta work) there may be a sell out or singles left

SMB

uhh, you seem to have missed all the $95's on the upper level

More than half the Miami upper deck on stubhub also has no tickets :hmm:. Looks like maybe they're trying to sell behind the stage first.

Congrads to the people who got their GA's today. My friends tried but couldn't get any at 10:01. You guys were lucky!

I suppose they will announce another show this week. At least I hope!

I have a feeling they are going to announce a 2nd show. It just doesnt seem normal to me that they would just do one show in the New York area before they leave for Europe. :hyper: Then again, I want a GA so badly lol so 2nd show is the only thing on my mind.

Then theres that Philly show :):applaud:Hopefully I can get a ticket during Magnificent presale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom