July 19,2010- East Rutherford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god my birthday is in a month so I'll have the bankroll to pay for this :drool::drool::drool:

"Bankroll" :ohmy: Are you related to Michael Corleone:D

I hope to be here too! :hyper:

Me too:up: I grew up in Jersey although I now live in Ohio

My older brother lives a tad under two hours from the new Stadium or the old one whichever :huh: he already told me I can stay at his house:hug:

walking from the hotels is possible, but not recomended as the majority of the roads are highways.

mass transit is available... but remember, the new meadowlands stadium is going to have a greater capacity than Giants Stadium did, and we all know what a mess that turned out to be trying to take the train out of there.

good news is that they've got a loooooong time to figure things out. they already put bus service back in for the Springsteen concerts at Giants Stadium, so that people could choose wether they wanted bus or train. of course there were 20,000 fewer people at Bruce... and the train lines flew. literally on the line and on the train in 10 minutes or less, compared to 2 hours at the U2 concerts.

whichever way you chose to get to the meadowlands... train, bus, drive, walk, taxi, car service... just be prepared for a long trip home.

We actually didn't have too much of a problem with the traffic, of course anything seemed almost stress-free for me after Foxboro earlier in the week.

good news is that they've got a loooooong time to figure things out. they already put bus service back in for the Springsteen concerts at Giants Stadium, so that people could choose wether they wanted bus or train. of course there were 20,000 fewer people at Bruce... and the train lines flew. literally on the line and on the train in 10 minutes or less, compared to 2 hours at the U2 concerts.

I agree, Bruce was SO much easier to get home from! I walked right up to a bus which left a couple minutes after I got on it, and I was back in the city less than 30 minutes after the concert ended (as opposed to the three hours it took to get home from the U2 concert). I'm sure they'll be prepared for this U2 concert after that fiasco.

I'll be there! I'll try for GAs in the presale.

I saw Bruce too, I'd never been to Giants Stadium before. I was sick, so my whole experience was a bit warped and I thought it was a total mess after the show, but we got on the first train from the stadium and it was a smooth experience. I'm sure it'll be even better in the new setting, pretty excited to see it!

As for hotels.... I mean, I've stayed in a couple in the Meadowlands for some conventions and things like that, there's plenty to be found, but I really don't recommend walking. The new stadium will probably have much better crowd control coming out, but it'll still be dark and there will be drunk people in masses being stupid, driving horribly, all that stuff. If you're walking along a dark road.... :ohmy: Don't do it! Unless they do have a hotel right next to the stadium, like they do at Gillette?

I'm stoked - it's a 9 hour drive, but worth it. My friend and I who have never attended a show together, are meeting my friend who lives in NJ. We always planned on going to a show together too! It's pretty exciting. We'll be staying with my brother in the city. I am pretty peeved it's a MONDAY show, considering I'll be taking summer classes, and without a doubt it will be a Mon/Wed class (because the classes I want to take are always Mon/Wed classes :| But whatever, I'm going hell or high water.

And we're doing GA. My friend Rane, who lives in VA with me, we've never done GA before. Alexa did GA at MSG during Vertigo and touched Adam's bass during streets - jealoussss. But very excited for this show. :hyper:

If it's one night only, we'll drive down the day of the show and either grab a room for after the show or drive home. We'd do GA, but wouldn't line up super early. I'm sure we can get a spot in the pit or 2nd row outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom