July 16, 17, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The geg thing is weird also, I tried in the presale and in the public sale and was never able to get in to buy tickets :sad:

yes, I wondered about the best time to log in as well for the geg presale. Seems some people were logged in for hours, and it didn't assure a better place in their waiting room line. Maybe the system randomly assigns places 5-10 minutes prior to on sale?

I really don't know. I'm one of those people who was in the waiting room an hour before hte sale started last week tuesday, but ended up waiting 50 minutues before I gave up and started all over. I then got in within 10 minutues.

I, too, had better luck when I just completely started over about half an hour after sale time. Got in almost right away after that.

If I can toot my wife's horn. She's put up with a lot. When we first started dating, I was on U2 camp out for the 2005 tour. I had to explain to her that I only "go crazy" like this every 4 years. She understood....and even brought me dinner in line.

She allowed me to have my U2 shrine in our house.

And she's not got a problem when I've lined up forever in GA lines or to meet the band. She says that there are many worse things to be addicted to. U2 is a good thing.

That being said, she can't wait for MTL.

That's cool. I'm sure you return the favour.

I'm fortunate in that my wife has become a U2 nut and loves GA despite only being 5'2".

I'll be trying on 2 computers tomorrow. I'll log in one 30 minutes prior and one 10 minutes prior and see what happens.

I only need 2 GAs, so maybe I should go for 4 so that I can share here.

I got the e-mail confirmation for last week's tix, but I'm still paranoid that I won't receive them (for no good reason). Ticket buying shouldn't be this stressful.

Well I wasn't going to say anything until I actually got my tickets but I just checked my credit card transactions and I have been charged for them and I did get email confirmations. Not that this will work tomorrow but...

For the presale the other day, GEG let me use my old U2.com code to buy tickets.
But there's a catch and this will probably not work for tomorrow's presale.

What I did was bought 2 Lansing and 2 Minn. I immediately switched over to GEG and got in with the same code that I just used to by my 4 tickets. I had a suspicion that GEG was working off another copy of U2.com presale codes and wouldn't be sycnhed fast enough. GEG let me in to buy 4 more tickets.

do you guys think that there is much of a difference between the $30-seats all the way in the ack and the $95-seats on the sides?

went to get my mail...and oh surprise, my tickets from last week presale have just arrived!!! So expect them soon...!!!

went to get my mail...and oh surprise, my tickets from last week presale have just arrived!!! So expect them soon...!!!

I live in Alberta and got two of my tickets today. Interesting that I got two tickets through the U2.com presale, two through the GEG presale - two hours apart, mind you - and I don't even get them on the ame day. :shrug:

Oh boy, I'll be worrying about this ticket until I actually receive it. I wonder how long it will take to arrive in the U.S.

I got my MTL tickets today :yippie:..and my friend will be trying for us for MTL2 tomorrow because I am out of presale codes.
YAY!!:hyper::hyper::hyper::applaud:

Can anyone remind me what is the web site to use for the Horizon presale tomorrow, or do we just go thru the link on the U2.com Tour page? Because there isn't a link there yet, and I thought in times past the link would be there but it would just direct to a page that said it wasn't time yet.

I didn't do the other presale, sorry in advance if this is a dumb question.

Thanks Rose!

But duh me, I did get that email too. I should have known this.

Weird thing about the email is that it still has my first code, in green, saying it's valid. I know it's not valid. It also has an "I" after it. I guess this has already been discussed, but it's weird of them to still be saying that in the emails. On U2.com that old code has a red line thru it. :shrug:

Also, is it just me or does that seating chart make it look like it will be an odd crowd experience? One of the things I loved about seeing them in a stadium was looking up and seeing people all around me, in a circle/oval...but there seems like there will be alot of open space in MTL.

gvox, i have the same presale code "issue" as yours. i don't think they care if you even use the old used one. i think GEG uses an excel spreadsheet to run a code lookup. no other verification.

it will feel like you're at a saskatchewan roughriders game. still very :hyper:

Thatwould make me a little worried, using an old code. Even If they accepted it at the time of purchase. I'd almost be afraid somewhere down the line a verification would happen and a long arm out of Montreal would grab my ill gotten tickets back
I think maybe I'm also just paranoid about that kind of stuff. :reject:

Weird thing about the email is that it still has my first code, in green, saying it's valid. I know it's not valid. It also has an "I" after it. I guess this has already been discussed, but it's weird of them to still be saying that in the emails. On U2.com that old code has a red line thru it. :shrug:

I was wondering the same thing, anybody know what the "I" stands for and why they are still showing them?

I know I'll try at 10:00 to see what happens... just in case... :hmm:

both my codes are green with "I" at the end...anyone figure it out yet?

I'm not as nervous as the first time, because I have my tics for show 1, but I'm still a little nervous and hope to get tics for night 2 :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom