July 14, 2011 - Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!!

Thought this might clear your U2 blues...

This Friday, July 16th, the Field House will host a benefit to raise funds to clean up the Gulf oil spill.

They will also be having a U2 tribute band, Beautiful Day, be playing! The first 25 people to bring their ticket stub from the cancelled July 12th U2 show will receive a free Beautiful Day tshirt.

$5 of EVERY tshirt purchase will go towards the Gulf Relief effort!

Mondays high was 92 and it wasn't as humid as it has been, but it did rain a little bit around 5pm.

Just posted this in PGP but since people seem to be all excited about me going somewhere I am not going to I thought I'd clear this up here too. Sorry but I am flying home after Toronto. Too much leave would be used and too much cost for me. Need to save some money/leave for other things I want to do next year.

Its soooo sweet that so many people wanted me to come though. :love::hug::kiss:

I will still be in Chicago, Montreal and Toronto though. :love::heart:

hotel booked, even though I live in Philly :hyper:

It's always good to have room for friends who can't all fit in my house plus it makes a good GA base.

Has anyone been able to book at the Holiday Inn by the stadium? Last I checked the dates weren't open yet. And if so, how was the price?

Well, I was able to book for July 13 -15th for a double room but others who tried at same time weren't able to book online yet. No idea why that happened. Price was AAA rate - $190.99 plus tax for July 13th, and $285.99 the following night. You can get better deals on downtown hotels and just take Broad St. subway for about 10 minute ride to stadium...

Well, I was able to book for July 13 -15th for a double room but others who tried at same time weren't able to book online yet. No idea why that happened. Price was AAA rate - $190.99 plus tax for July 13th, and $285.99 the following night. You can get better deals on downtown hotels and just take Broad St. subway for about 10 minute ride to stadium...

Thanks :) Seems the rate is the same as it was for this year. I need the convenience of having the room as close as possible (carrying mats and blankets on the subway would be awkward :lol:) so unofortunately I'm stuck with that price. I'll have to check up on it before it's full or something.

I don't need a hotel since I have free sleeping arrangements close by.

Has anyone been able to book at the Holiday Inn by the stadium? Last I checked the dates weren't open yet. And if so, how was the price?

I had booked this hotel for this year and when I cancelled the manager said he would hold my room until the new tour date. He emailed me a letter that stated I would get a room. I've been trying to call to verify the date but all I can do is leave messages. They told me that the computer will not book until mid August for next July.

Wow, that's really great that they would reserve the room for you :ohmy:
Maybe to offset the fact that they weren't giving refunds of any sort, but still, that's great.

You guys can start making reservations at the Holiday Inn near the stadium now.

Go to Philadelphia Hotel Near Philadelphia Stadium & Airport In PA

Don't use Holiday Inn website- it won't let you reserve around the time of the show just yet.

I just made a reservation using my AAA- for $150 per night no less.:huh:

I fly straight from Toronto to Philly on the 12th. I'm gonna do some sightseeing around Philly (and grab some cheesestakes while I'm at it:drool:) on the 13th before the show the next day.

Get ready for a good dose of heat and humidity, though.:crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom