July 11, 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. I can't understand why someone would want to stay around people being so hostile to them. Well, at least he wasn't threatening you with a knife. No joke I'd fight someone like that, even if I got kicked out. I wouldn't care, it'd be gratifying enough to smash him in the face a few good times for threatening a girl with a knife.

Next time, stand with us..assholes take advantage where they think they'll get away with it..I guess we don't look like a person could pull that off around us...so nothing but good vibes :D

GG, that guy was an ass! We all were on him, including that guy who was in front of you. In Winnipeg, the security threw out anyone who was like that. At one point, I just looked at the offenders, and security was right there. The security in Toronto was lame. All they had to do was say "keep moving", but by saying he was right, they bascially gave him permission to stay. Assholes!:angry:

I'm now just wondering if that was the same guy and girl who scooted quick fast when I came back from the beerstand to find them in my spot..hope not! :uhoh: (you guys were over in the direction they headed, I think..dang!)

She was Chinese, and he had short hair.

We also had a run in with the infamous Baltimore? line cutters. We shamed them into moving!

security guy even literally said the guy was an asshole, but that he could't do anything! Wtffffffff!

Thats like Ontario cops. You are not here for decoration, you are hear to do your job. Do it!
Solve the problems that occur.

That douchecanoe was right beside me, well, in front of me, really (though he wasn't supposed to be). He was the biggest ass I have ever born witness to in GA at a U2 concert- or maybe in GA at ANY concert.

My friends and I were 299, 300 & 301, we lined up around 7am, and when we got in we sat down like most people around us since we knew it was going to be a long wait for the show to start (more on that later.) That guy and his friend acted like they were walking in front of us to get somewhere and then just stopped right in front of me. To make matters worse he stood facing me so he could talk to his buddy, which meant that I basically had this garbage asshole with his nasty-ass breath talking in my face during the entire wait. He started out "joking" about kicking the shit out of people to get to the front, was clearly completely smashed and didn't appear to even care about U2- I'm pretty sure I heard him say he was only there for "Sunday Bloody Sunday," and how it was going to be a "bloody Monday" once the music started. So he had already pissed off people well enough even before the cigarettes came out, then the weed. The girl who reported him was probably just looking for some reason to get him out of there, he made everyone so uncomfortable and didn't give a fuck about anything anyone said to him. I heard him say the thing about the knife as well, he also then "joked" about he was going to assault the girl with it in pretty graphic detail.

Holy crap! I feel for you.
Had a dude try to cut in on myself and my wife in the RZ (which I posted in an earlier section) and I think ppl on here got the wrong idea and I apologize if I said or offended anyone. :hug:

I was against ppl having to go to the can or a drink or whatever but was referring to the 2 dicks U described.

This was my 11th show in my history of U2 going back to the old Popmart days and always did seats except for Monday's show re: RZ. With seats never had to worry but I guess I wasn't used to what I had to put up with. I had this when I seen Chris Cornell and didn't expect it at a U2 show.

I'm now just wondering if that was the same guy and girl who scooted quick fast when I came back from the beerstand to find them in my spot..hope not! :uhoh: (you guys were over in the direction they headed, I think..dang!)

Asian girlfriend, guy was a redhead shorthaired douchebag in Toronto 09 venue shirt. :crack: Security sucked so hard at this venue. Shame, cause the line and everything was set perfectly.

Ugh. Sorry to hear about all the douchebags. I think a dude tried to do the just passin' through routine to the ladies behind us. I happened to be facing them while standing up. We exchanged glances and then I stared down the dude. He left promptly. Our security dude was nice too so I think he would have done something about it.

There are a handfull (well maybe more) in every crowd. I am fairly tall, so I try to leave space for the short people to see the stage :D. I know what its like to not be able to see anything past other taller people, because I was considerably shorter when I saw U2 in 2009 as well as other concerts. And it doesn't help when people jump and wave their hands in the air, but thats how it goes. I was fairly close to the barrier that fences of GA from the catwalk, I am sure if I came maybe 1-2 hours earlier I could have gotten to the front of the crowd by the metal fence near the catwalk. That would have been much better because my view, my pictures and videos would not be obscured by anyone in front of me (which was a problem) I could lean and balance my camera on the fence and I wouldn't be pushed around as much. I was close, but didn't get there. Which is why I am very anxious to see U2 again. Next time, in the early morning, GA (again), armed with an SLR, Telephoto Lens and HD Video Camera, things will go well. :lol:

Asian girlfriend, guy was a redhead shorthaired douchebag in Toronto 09 venue shirt. :crack: Security sucked so hard at this venue. Shame, cause the line and everything was set perfectly.

Yes, he was an ass. My wife and I were to the right of you....thanks for giving her the sugar so she did not pass out!

She was Chinese, and he had short hair.

We also had a run in with the infamous Baltimore? line cutters. We shamed them into moving!

Ryancoke... were you next to me... geez I feel like you were all around me and I didn't even know! :( I was front row rail in front of Edge, 18 year old girl, long brown hair. Wearing an Under A Blood Red Sky shirt.

Laughed out loud at "douchecanoe." New word.

I was back rail!:hug:

Next time we will meet, just keep hanging around here!:wink:

Yes, he was an ass. My wife and I were to the right of you....thanks for giving her the sugar so she did not pass out!

Ah hi :) You're very welcome, I always carry sugar around just in case. Was so surprised that nobody in Canada seemed to have heard of Dextro, it's very useful to quickly get your sugar back up.

Back
Top Bottom