Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could've sworn that on the leaked dates there were two dates listed for Foxboro, but as the hours go by today without an announcement my hope is fading.

Not looking good for a second Foxboro date, now that U2.com has officially announced the additional shows for Chicago, NJ, and Pasadena...

Well I see where a lot of Red Zones for Cleveland went today - there are 18 on Vivid going for over $2K a piece - all from two individual sellers...:doh:

Well I see where a lot of Red Zones for Cleveland went today - there are 18 on Vivid going for over $2K a piece - all from two individual sellers...:doh:

Just curious, how are they doing this? In Philly, RZ's are will-call only with ID and the credit card you purchased it. So that means going inside to an actual will-call window where they will, i'm almost 100% certain, insist upon ID.

I see how stubhub and ticket agencies are using gift cards to purchase floor seats and giving the gift card to the buyer with the logic that they will most likely not ask for ID for every single GA person......but RZ seems to be a whole other thing entirely.

I'm also not seeing a single RZ ticket available in Philly or Dublin on Stubhub....i'm guessing probably due to those restrictions.

I'm certainly no ticket expert, so i'm legitimately curious how they are offering up RZ tix for sale.

Edit: Looking at Vivid, I see they do list RZ as being available at around 2k a pop, but the seller notes are not that confidence inspiring: "THE SELLER IS COMMITTING TO PROCURE THESE TICKETS FOR YOU UPON RECEIPT OF YOUR ORDER." That to me sounds like they don't have them, but want you to buy first and then they "promise to get them for you", lol. The other ones's state "paperless tickets" but with no mention of credit card. I don't know, i'd be really wary of that, even if I did have that kind of wealth to drop $2k a ticket

Last edited:
U2.com now showing all dates sold out apart from 7 shows

Cleveland,Washington,Tampa,Miami,
Dallas,Houston and Pittsburgh

Just curious, how are they doing this? In Philly, RZ's are will-call only with ID and the credit card you purchased it. So that means going inside to an actual will-call window where they will, i'm almost 100% certain, insist upon ID.

I see how stubhub and ticket agencies are using gift cards to purchase floor seats and giving the gift card to the buyer with the logic that they will most likely not ask for ID for every single GA person......but RZ seems to be a whole other thing entirely.

I'm also not seeing a single RZ ticket available in Philly or Dublin on Stubhub....i'm guessing probably due to those restrictions.

I'm certainly no ticket expert, so i'm legitimately curious how they are offering up RZ tix for sale.

Edit: Looking at Vivid, I see they do list RZ as being available at around 2k a pop, but the seller notes are not that confidence inspiring: "THE SELLER IS COMMITTING TO PROCURE THESE TICKETS FOR YOU UPON RECEIPT OF YOUR ORDER." That to me sounds like they don't have them, but want you to buy first and then they "promise to get them for you", lol. The other ones's state "paperless tickets" but with no mention of credit card. I don't know, i'd be really wary of that, even if I did have that kind of wealth to drop $2k a ticket

Yes, it is very tricky to figure out. Red Zone can be picked up any time the day of the event at Will Call, so I'd imagine you would meet the person at the event at a pre-arranged time, go to Will Call with them then have them hand the ticket to you. Regardless, I can't drop $2K plus for this either.

U2.com now showing all dates sold out apart from 7 shows

Cleveland,Washington,Tampa,Miami,
Dallas,Houston and Pittsburgh

But most seats are gone in Cleveland, Washington, Miami, and Dallas. Tampa, Houston and Pittsburgh will eventually sellout. There is very little left in Washington and I wonder if it might get an extra show. They did two stadium shows in Philadelphia and 2 in Washington D.C. back on the ZOO TV Tour. They might try for extra shows in some of these places given how fast they have soldout or almost soldout.

DC had a single 360 show, I believe. Don't think they'll get a 2nd this time either.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Funny to see the difference between shows in terms of speed of selling tickets. I am always surprised why U2 often chooses to overplay the US and underplay Europe so much.

Funny to see the difference between shows in terms of speed of selling tickets. I am always surprised why U2 often chooses to overplay the US and underplay Europe so much.

To be honest, I'm surprised they did Miami AND Tampa, Dallas AND Houston, Cleveland AND Pittsburgh, so close together geographically. Meanwhile large portions of the country aren't getting any shows. I looked at all the maps (no life? maybe...) and while I believe Houston will sell out, Pittsburgh and Tampa look doubtful.

I can only hope that the reason cities like Atlanta, Minneapolis, Detroit, etc were left out are because they are planning on visiting those cities for the I&E Tour.

Wow. This is bullshit. Hope that is a typo on TM's end. Why am I paying money and renewing every year to compete for presale tickets with folks that didn't?

THIS better get fixed. ?

Looks like it's fixed!

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1484693025.415312.jpg

No 2nd Boston show would be a first right?

No 2nd Boston show would be a first right?

I don't recall Boston getting a show as part of the second leg of NA 360 tour, which may be the closest analogy to this situation.

To be honest, I'm surprised they did Miami AND Tampa, Dallas AND Houston, Cleveland AND Pittsburgh, so close together geographically. Meanwhile large portions of the country aren't getting any shows. I looked at all the maps (no life? maybe...) and while I believe Houston will sell out, Pittsburgh and Tampa look doubtful.

I can only hope that the reason cities like Atlanta, Minneapolis, Detroit, etc were left out are because they are planning on visiting those cities for the I&E Tour.

Especially after they totally skipped the South for i+e. Considering Tampa notoriously had the worst attended PopMart show and U2 isn't exactly at their peak of popularity right now, I was pleasantly surprised they scheduled one for Tampa (hometown, even though I'm in DC now it makes me feel important). They set the occupancy record for RJ Stadium on 360 (and that was 8 years ago), so while I don't think this show will sell as much it should "sell out."

EDIT: Re-read your post, and the absence of Atlanta is pretty startling considering the two FL shows. Who knows how these things happened; I was surprised they didn't roll through DC in 2015.

Has anyone received an email from U2.com about presale for tomorrow? I only used two of my four tickets last week and am planning on using the remaining two tomorrow but am getting a little nervous.

Has anyone received an email from U2.com about presale for tomorrow? I only used two of my four tickets last week and am planning on using the remaining two tomorrow but am getting a little nervous.

Shouldn't be an issue. Individual show pages on TM show the presale date and time for each level.

Wow, looks like heavy demand across the board in North America. I'm surprised they even picked to play Cleveland and now that is pretty much filled up or soldout after just a couple of hours. The word must of really spread quickly about this. If they wanted to expand this tour to many other areas, it looks like they could.

What if they did this for an entire year and then we don't get Songs Of Experience until the end of 2018, with the innocence and experience tour resuming sometime in 2019.

Cleveland has the Rock 'n' roll hall of fame, it's not that surprising. Seems like they go to Cleveland with every other tour.

Cleveland has the Rock 'n' roll hall of fame, it's not that surprising. Seems like they go to Cleveland with every other tour.

He might have been implying since Pittsburgh was also booked, Cleveland was kinda of redundant (only 2 hrs apart).

He might have been implying since Pittsburgh was also booked, Cleveland was kinda of redundant (only 2 hrs apart).

I was just implying that they usually book a show in Cleveland every other tour. I don't know their history with Pittsburgh. I do know that most of the Clevelanders I know would rather drive 5 hours to Chicago than go 2 hours to Pittsburgh (unless they are a Steelers fan). I would go anywhere close.

Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

If Pittsburgh were on a Saturday and Cleveland on a Wednesday, the situation would be reversed. One thing about Americans is that they don't like to do anything on a weeknight if they have work the next day.

If Pittsburgh were on a Saturday and Cleveland on a Wednesday, the situation would be reversed. One thing about Americans is that they don't like to do anything on a weeknight if they have work the next day.

Plus it's the last US date. I live very close to Pittsburgh and wanted to go to both (GA in Pittsburgh and seats in Cleveland), but I wasn't on TM quick enough today to get Cleveland seats.:doh:

Interesting news for Aussie/NZ fans:

So last night I was at the Adelaide Strikers final Big Bash Game (a cricket match for you who don't know) which was at Adelaide Oval. Fortunately I was lucky enough to be in a private box and sitting around me for most of the match were people from Live Nation out of Melbourne. I got chatting to one lady that was sitting next to me who turns out to be a liaison for Adele's concert in March at Adelaide Oval and also TwentyOne Pilots at the AEC...both Live Nation artists. I asked her if U2 are coming and she said "YES!" and it will most likely be in either Nov/Dec this year or March 2018. She said it was only last week that Live Nation AU were talking to U2's people about stadium availability. Apparently they are trying to push for Nov/Dec this year, presumably for the Joshua Tree tour.

Take it with a grain of salt but it looks like it's happening.

I can't seem to catch a break with these guys this year! I'll be back in England in August, missing London/Dublin by a few weeks...now they're fucking coming here?! :lol: looks like I'm going to have to work my arse off and book a trip to one or the other, really can't miss this tour.

I meant playing a large football stadium in Cleveland. They have not played a stadium sized venue in Cleveland since 1987.

DC had a single 360 show, I believe. Don't think they'll get a 2nd this time either.

True, but they did not sellout nearly all the seats on the first day for 360. Every normal seat for this Joshua Tree show in D.C. is gone, only singles left. Then of course there tickets being resold, but they already count as tickets sold from the bands perspective.

I would say the only reason they won't add a second D.C. show is because they will probably add a second show in Toronto, which makes it not possible to fit it in to the schedule since they always have one day off between different cities.

I'd say Pittsburgh, Tampa, and Houston will all sellout by the time the shows roll around in 5 months. Often the rule of thumb is that you can sell 50% more tickets after the first on day of sales. So, for example, if you sold 40,000 on the first day, you should be able to make it to 60,000 by the day of the show.

Pittsburgh, Tampa, and Houston are the only shows where you still have large groups of tickets available in several rows per section. Normal tickets and not resell tickets is what I mean.

Just got me 1 ga for london. Was so tempted to get 2 because i need 2 but ive already got 3 tickets for croke. Wasnt risking it,would rather try my luck in the general sale.

One thing i noticed on the confirmation was it said standing or red zone ticket,whats this mean? Surely the red zone area is sectioned off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom