Joshua Tree Double Album Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phattom

The Fly
I'm trying to make a version of the Joshua Tree but in the fabled double album manner. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how it can be put together?

P.S. I have the Joshua, Rare and Unreleased, and the B-Sides that came with the greatest hits collection.

the b sides i always see as the jt era and almost part of JT. I had a tape with jt on one side and unavailable b sides on the other, i listened to it every day on my paperound for about 3 years. walk to the water, spanish eyes etc would all have slotted nicely on JT.

Beautiful Ghost
Where The Streets Have No Name
Silver And Gold
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Spanish Eyes
With Or Without You
Luminous Times
Walk To The Water
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still

Race Against Time
Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wires
The Sweetest Thing
Heartland
One Tree Hill
Deep In The Heart
Exit
Mothers Of The Disappeared

sorry tourist but can it be possible for the album not to start with Streets?? i dont think so.

i can agree the song choices but the order....some things - like the first side of JT - just cannot be messed with.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Go here, it should help you out:

http://www.tiede.com/joshuatree/

Remember, that's just one person's interpretation of what a double album would have looked like.

I personally thing that order is kinda shitty. Bono said that WOWY doesn't make sense without Luminous Times and Walk To The Water, but the make absolutely no sense in the order given on that website. Something more thematically cohesive for those 3 would have been Walk To The Water (Boy meets girl), Luminous Time (Boy falls in love with girl), then WOWY, which is the climax of the relationship.

Also, I don't think Race Against Time makes any sense whatsoever opening the second half of the album. BUT, it does flow perfectly into Mothers of the Disappeared.

Basically, that website is a good resource for knowing which songs to put on, but don't pay attention to the order because the maker of that site doesn't know what U2's actual intentions were.

CKONE said:
sorry tourist but can it be possible for the album not to start with Streets?? i dont think so.

Beautiful Ghost segues into Streets. It's perfect. Someone here made a mix of the two called Beautiful Streets and it's excellent.

I've never really liked the tracklisting here. Doesn't flow well at all [for my liking, anyway] and it irks me that it's seen as the sort of 'definitive' expanded tracklisting. :ohmy:

Disc One

Where the Streets Have No Name
With or Without You
Walk to the Water
Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)
Trip Through Your Wires
Race Against Time
Red Hill Mining Town

Disc Two

In God's Country
Spanish Eyes
Sweetest Thing
Deep in the Heart
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
One Tree Hill
Exit
Silver and Gold
Mothers of the Disappeared

Axver said:

Beautiful Ghost segues into Streets. It's perfect. Someone here made a mix of the two called Beautiful Streets and it's excellent.

Do you have that mix???? Can you ysi?

If I made a mix that wasn't based on something else that had already been written, my version of the album would go....

Beautiful Ghost
Where The Streets Have No Name
Bullet The Blue Sky
Silver And Gold
Walk To The Water
Luminous Times
With Or Without You
Trip Through Your Wires
The Sweetest Thing
Spanish Eyes
One Tree Hill
Red Hill Mining Town
Race Against Time
Deep In The Heart
In God's Country
Heartland
Running To Stand Still
Exit
Mothers Of The Disappeared

gareth brown said:
I've never really liked the tracklisting here. Doesn't flow well at all [for my liking, anyway] and it irks me that it's seen as the sort of 'definitive' expanded tracklisting. :ohmy:

Disc One

Where the Streets Have No Name
With or Without You
Walk to the Water
Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)
Trip Through Your Wires
Race Against Time
Red Hill Mining Town

Disc Two

In God's Country
Spanish Eyes
Sweetest Thing
Deep in the Heart
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
One Tree Hill
Exit
Silver and Gold
Mothers of the Disappeared

I like your mix better. I can't bring myself to break up the classic opening trifecta, and you have it unaltered here.

Cheers! There was no way I could split them up! I nearly split all three of the final 'Death Trilogy' at the end too, but Axver suggested slotting just Silver and Gold before Mothers which I feel works really well with the fade out at the end of Silver and Gold before Mothers starts! :D

Back
Top Bottom