jen's room superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Far too dead a thread!

Well, let it be said I hate computers.

Two lame things:

1. My can opener just broke.
2. This thread is dead. Possibly our deadest. :down:

:wave: Hi, Axver, RB.

So this is what Jen's room looks like. :hmm:

Yes, Jen's room looks very quiet right now.

Doesn't seem quite right, does it?

I've an exciting afternoon ahead of me, going in to the uni library to look at books on the Holocaust in Romania ... :|

jensroom2.png

mysterious_jen said:

:yikes:

have you been to the holocaust museum? well worth a visit.

No, not yet. It's down in the southeastern suburbs somewhere, isn't it? Might have to pay it a visit next weekend or something. I'm doing a course this semester called Holocaust & Genocide - fascinating albeit bleak and heavy-going material.

holocaust/genocide is facinating but terrifying that its allowed to happen , and continues to happen even at this point in time, how one idea can beocme a tolerated regime...

where the hell is everyone? i know Cin is at work , but where's ali and ian ? not having a real life ??

brb i have to put clothes on and hang washing outside. i dont think the neighbors want to see my in my pj's at 2 in the afternoon.

mysterious_jen said:
its near st kilda somewhere, i cant remember how to get there but the museum its self , well you will never ever forget what you see.

Yeah, given the huge Jewish population around that part of the city, I'm not surprised it'd be there. Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't been already.

mysterious_jen said:
holocaust/genocide is facinating but terrifying that its allowed to happen , and continues to happen even at this point in time, how one idea can beocme a tolerated regime...

Yeah, the first half of the course is on the Holocaust and the second half moves onto the more recent stuff - including Darfur, which tremendously disturbs me considering that back in 2004, I had already got involved in the awareness campaign about that, and now in 2008 the situation is still there.

mysterious_jen said:
where the hell is everyone? i know Cin is at work , but where's ali and ian ? not having a real life ??

brb i have to put clothes on and hang washing outside. i dont think the neighbors want to see my in my pj's at 2 in the afternoon.

I know Bonnie's sister is visiting her from England. The others, however, have no excuse. :down:

Blah, I don't feel like going out to the library today but I have to.

Hello thread

Took my laptop and camera to the airport so that i could work on my arghsignment with no internet distractions.

Get ready for photos, when i get around to re-installing my pirated version of paint shop pro.

coolian2 said:
Hello thread

Took my laptop and camera to the airport so that i could work on my arghsignment with no internet distractions.

Get ready for photos, when i get around to re-installing my pirated version of paint shop pro.

I would have thought being at the airport would have been more of a distraction than being online! I mean, I once tried to ride the train and do uni readings. Let's just say no uni readings happened.

coolian2 said:
Here's a question - is this thread worse than Tea?

I think that whereas Tea dragged continuously, this has had short bursts and dragged even worse than Tea in between.

You and I can picspam later and push this thing to a new thread before the day's out.

Axver said:

I would have thought being at the airport would have been more of a distraction than being online! I mean, I once tried to ride the train and do uni readings. Let's just say no uni readings happened.

Fortunately there was plenty of time in between flights that i wanted to photograph - i was especially helped because they were landing from the wrong end.

Still got a lot of cool photos, although the weather didn't help so i didn't really get favourable light conditions.

Dear University of Melbourne,

Is it really necessary to have twelve libraries on the Parkville campus? Sure, I appreciate that some are necessary, and that the Economics library is essentially part of the Baillieu library. But some, such as the Architecture library, are so pointlessly small that I don't see why they aren't merged into the Baillieu or ERC, or at least centralised into a third big library. Bloody hell, I hate having to find these new libraries just for one book.

Regards,
Ax

the only way i can do anything with no internet distraction is not to turn on my computer, and keep telling myself - no blue crack till this is done!

it doesnt work.

this thread is a bit longwinded isnt it , i guess you are all on fire or you arent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom