Jan. 3rd, Latest U2 Video to air on Qtv ? / First single release speculation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you "supposed to" react to new U2 material? It doesn't come around that much. I'll freak out no matter what I end up thinking of the song after the dust settles. It's fun to be in the moment like that. Nothing to be embarrassed about. There is no rock law that you have to maintain your excitement over a song that is equivalent to your very first listen(s).

How are you "supposed to" react to new U2 material? It doesn't come around that much. I'll freak out no matter what I end up thinking of the song after the dust settles. It's fun to be in the moment like that. Nothing to be embarrassed about. There is no rock law that you have to maintain your excitement over a song that is equivalent to your very first listen(s).
On Interference you're supposed to go "God, THIS SUCKS :down:. I knew U2 would never return to their 80s/90s glory :tsk: I'm gonna go listen to Coldplay now."

I agree with you. Hey, I still love Vertigo. :shrug: Some people have bigger egos though.

I think, in my opinion, that we're rellay closer to know this

p.s no . a friend of mine, near the band, has it. this is confirmed

It would be fine if that excitement was restricted to the moment and never seen again...here, however, your hyperbolic statements are immortalised and consistently come back to haunt you (until the servers give out or the new management packs up and leaves, that is.) :wink:

Last edited:
Remind me to post this after hearing the first 10 seconds of GYBO:

FUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!! BY THE BEARD OF ZEUS!!!!!!!! I'VE NEVER HEARD SUCH GLORIOUS MUSICAL AMBROSIA! THIS IS THE NECTAR OF THE GRECIAN GODS RIGHT HERE! ANYONE WHO HATES THIS GENIUS MUSICAL CONCOCTION IS A TOOL AND DESERVES TO DIE RIGHT NOW.

8.5/10

ElMel, you should make a cartoon about us fans freaking the fuck out, and then fastforward to two weeks later, when we're all claiming the song sucks and denying we ever claimed we liked it, and trying to destroy the evidence by burning printouts of the thread pages.

ElMel, you should make a cartoon about us fans freaking the fuck out, and then fastforward to two weeks later, when we're all claiming the song sucks and denying we ever claimed we liked it, and trying to destroy the evidence by burning printouts of the thread pages.

Sounds like a plan. But I want to hear the song first so I know what parts of it to parody.

2004:

THE HELLO HELLO'S ARE SO POLITICALLY INSIGHTFUL! THIS CRACKS SOMETHING FIERCE!

2008:

Bono is fat

Here's the thread. All I remember was that I was at work and couldn't download it. It was torture.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/merged-i-give-you-vertigo-vertigo-is-here-97011.html
lol, here's my post on the 3rd page...

"AWESOME!!!!!!

*wants to listen to Vertigo many many more times but can't because of work and studies*

THIS SONG IS EFFING AWESOME! It is VERY reminiscent of BOY, which is a very good thing...I friggin' love that record, and by what I've heard so far, HTDAAB will be one of my favorites, as well"

To be fair, though... Vertigo IS, IMO, reminiscent of "I Will Follow." Unfortunately, the album was a disjointed mess (but it didn't keep me from enjoying it the first couple of months). In my defense, HTDAAB was my first pre-album/ single release hype, so I'd have been pleased with pretty much anything they'd have released.

...but god are some of those posts embarassing :doh:

I cringed checking that thread out:lol: " best song ever " - " sounds like metal "

I liked HTDAAB then, I still like it now, and nothing I had to say about it embarrasses me. I felt how I felt at the time, and even if it had changed radically, it would not faze me one iota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom