Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

Sweet. I think they're really good. Nothing mind-blowing, but very good for a fairly new band.

They remind me of a cross between Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd and some U2 here and there.

phanan said:
:lol:

Oh man. Figures it would be a song from the 80's!
lol, i know! my dad's a huge pink floyd fan and i grew up listening to them, and that's the only song of theirs i've ever liked. us and them i kinda like, but that's it for their other stuff.

Since this was mentioned earlier...

If Pla/Tre ends up winning their group, and I win in my group, and then if we both win our quarterfinal matches, we'd actually face each other in the semis, and not the final.

It would be like the AFC Championship before the Super Bowl. :lol:

the tourist said:
Who? Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, or U2? Or Airbag? :tongue:
U2. they're just not my thing :tongue:

pink floyd. and porcupine tree, really. i've been sent a couple albums and they're okay.

airbag i've never really heard other than what phanan used in di.

phanan said:

If Pla/Tre ends up winning their group, and I win in my group, and then if we both win our quarterfinal matches, we'd actually face each other in the semis, and not the final.

That's too bad, actually. Would've been an epic final. Which means it'll probably be Screwtape or AtomicBono in the final.

phanan said:

oooh, i didn't know that. so, how can i arrange for my round to be rigged? :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

U2. they're just not my thing :tongue:

pink floyd. and porcupine tree, really. i've been sent a couple albums and they're okay.

airbag i've never really heard other than what phanan used in di.

Ahh, I see. I like me some epic stuff. :shrug:

the tourist said:

That's too bad, actually. Would've been an epic final. Which means it'll probably be Screwtape or AtomicBono in the final.

And what I mean is, it'll be me and Khan vs. Phanan or Pla/TRE in the final. :wink:

the tourist said:
Ahh, I see. I like me some epic stuff. :shrug:
that's the thing, it's not like all the songs i like are three minute pop ditties. to give an example, since everyone knows of my love of split enz, their early stuff is more progressive than pop/new wave. in my next submission, i think i might use one of their early songs, back when they had a different singer too just to hear how much everyone hates it.

KhanadaRhodes said:

that's the thing, it's not like all the songs i like are three minute pop ditties. to give an example, since everyone knows of my love of split enz, their early stuff is more progressive than pop/new wave. in my next submission, i think i might use one of their early songs, back when they had a different singer too just to hear how much everyone hates it.

I don't know Split Enz. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom