Jamaica Inn, Cornwall, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: What about the "where's my TREE? :grumpy: "

I can't believe one can be so spoilt that they get a present EVERYDAY. I look at America and think - what a very interesting place. I wanted to give that daughter's mother a SLAPP'E IN DEH FACE.

I can't believe one can be so spoilt that they get a present EVERYDAY. I look at America and think - what a very interesting place. I wanted to give that daughter's mother a SLAPP'E IN DEH FACE.

God, I know! I really just felt sorry for the daughter - it's not really her fault, she's actually been raised to think that sort of thing is indeed the right thing. But oh GOD, the parents. What awful people. And for people saying that beauty was everything ... they were pretty damn ugly. I actually think I hated the father more. The way he just threw the feminist woman out before she'd even had a chance to try her rules!

But yeah, it's kind of scary how these people actually EXIST. Only in America, I guess. The UK version of Wife Swap is just as funny, but you don't get these absolute nutjobs that appear on the American version. :yikes:

I want an Australian version of the show. I'm sure we've got enough crazies to fill up a couple of seasons ...

God, I know! I really just felt sorry for the daughter - it's not really her fault, she's actually been raised to think that sort of thing is indeed the right thing. But oh GOD, the parents. What awful people. And for people saying that beauty was everything ... they were pretty damn ugly. I actually think I hated the father more. The way he just threw the feminist woman out before she'd even had a chance to try her rules!

But yeah, it's kind of scary how these people actually EXIST. Only in America, I guess. The UK version of Wife Swap is just as funny, but you don't get these absolute nutjobs that appear on the American version. :yikes:

Yeah, definitely can't imagine it being half as crazy as the US version.

I want an Australian version of the show. I'm sure we've got enough crazies to fill up a couple of seasons ...

Try a bogan family from Frankston with a wealthy family in downtown Sydney.

Judging by the recording of the new song - gee the riff has a fair bit of mongrel about it, not what I would call a novelty riff (Vertigo, Boots). Bono seems very energetic and back to the early days when he was belting everything out at 100%.

Judging by the recording of the new song - gee the riff has a fair bit of mongrel about it, not what I would call a novelty riff (Vertigo, Boots). Bono seems very energetic and back to the early days when he was belting everything out at 100%.

I don't know, I actually thought the riff was somewhere in the land between Boots and Comedy, maybe wandering towards Are You Gonna Wait Forever.

But then I've only listened to it twice.

3 times for me.

Also pretty awesome that Hitmitumkittum was rehearsed.

I'm pretty sure we all don't SPARKLE enough :sad:

Twilame wife swap...?

Question:

Is anybody going to join U2.com for Aussie tour pre-sales?

Already did. :slant: Presales are the only reason I keep renewing... That and lolz. It's certainly not their breaking exclusive news or amazing subscriber content or endless sodding remixes.

Between several of us, I think we did pretty well with presales last year.

3 times for me.

Also pretty awesome that Hitmitumkittum was rehearsed.

Just played AYGWF, and I definitely think this new song owes at least something to AYGWF's riff.

HMTMKMKM is what I'm most excited about. That song alone will raise my opinion of the 360 Tour considerably; I've been saying since day one that it of all songs is perfectly suited to the stage.

HMTMKMKM is what I'm most excited about. That song alone will raise my opinion of the 360 Tour considerably; I've been saying since day one that it of all songs is perfectly suited to the stage.

And Discotheque... Although I'm still wishing for MOOOFOOOO. :rockon:

I think the stage'd suit most of Pop, really.

And Discotheque... Although I'm still wishing for MOOOFOOOO. :rockon:

I think the stage'd suit most of Pop, really.

I would exchange almost anything from the 2009 setlist for Mofo, LNOE, Gone, HMTMKMKM, and some earlier balls-to-the-wall, rock-the-fuck-out stadium tracks like Exit, God Part II, and hell, even The Fly.

The fact that last year really only had UTEOTW filling that sort of role (and not even at all gigs) when the stage seems primarily suited to that role was dire.

Oh, and if U2 can't get casuals into a one-two punch of Crazy Tonight/LWTSH, then they aren't the premier live band they think they are. It would be almost impossible for that to flop - the energy would be just too good to resist.

LWTSH???? Sorry I Fail.

Also, I'm a little afraid of the little 'Sydney Harbor Bridges' that roatate around the stage? ...Am I going to require a helmet for GA? :scared:

Lady With The Spinning Head? :hmm:

That's the one.

And you're tall enough you may well need a helmet! :lol:

So what do we all make of today's surprise, TTTYAATW? I don't care for it much, and I can think of at least 150 U2 songs I'd rather hear, but if it knocks some shit like Stuck out of the set, I'm OK with that.

For those not in the loop, today's update: Turin rehearsals, Monday 02/08 - U2gigs.com

Hehe...I don't think they'll ever play that!

Okay. We better get Danny one as well!

Gah. Its pretty cool they are going for some lesser likes though. ONE song from Pop, and one not played song from NLOTH and I'm completely happy!

Vlad, of course you should do stand up comedy. You'd be magnificent. Everybody would get on their boots to come and see you, and they'll laugh so hard they won't be able to breathe. You will elevate them to a beautiful day, and they will want to be stuck in that moment forever. You won't be a lemon at all.

Walk on with your stand up comedy aspirations, Vlad, walk on! Rejoice!

Sigquote! If Vlad and Ax are okay with that.

:wave: to nobody here.

I will literally jump for joy if U2 play something from Pop. Even if it's Playboy Mansion. I might even get Charlotte to film it for proof.

Sigquote! If Vlad and Ax are okay with that.

:wave: to nobody here.

Haha, go for it if it doesn't exceed the character limit.

SATS seems the most likely contender from Pop, or Gone since they did that for Elevation (altho maybe not if Edge is prone to cracking the shits over it!).

I guess there's not much point trying to avoid spoilers in here... ;)

Virgin Blue has flights on their happy hour to Auckland for $179 as part of happy hour sales....for travel between 12th Oct - 08 Dec :hmm:

I just made my friend almost wet himself laughing.

See, we have this friend Becca. She's Italian. We go out to dinner to this Sicilian deli a lot.

"Lex, I have a problem. I have a crush on Becca. And believe me, it's not lost on me that every time we go out, I end up eating Italian."

Maybe only we think it's funny.

:boomtish: I'll be here all week! Tip your waitresses, but be sure to set them back upright when you're done.

Vlad's better at the jokes than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom