I've had it with photo hosting websites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
don't delete em. Let's pester Elvis to see if he can help us come up with a lasting solution.

Sorry, they all have something wrong, it's awful.I think we're all gonna have to buy our own websites somewhere that will let us post here. Any ideas, where should we look? No Geocities or Tripod or Angelfire of course.

Hey Naya...have you thought of using Snapfish? Even though it shrinks pics...it's better than nothing. That's what I've been using and I know some other people have too...maybe worth a look?

www.snapfish.com

------------------
When you've seen beyond yourself
then you may find peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you.

"You say 'erbs' and we say 'herbs' because there's a fucking 'h' in it!"

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Thanks hippy for the advice, I will look into that. It's just frustrating when you take the time to organize and upload your pics and then everything gets screwed up.

Sula that's a good idea.
icon14.gif

------------------
Tender is the night
Lying by your side
Tender is the touch
Of someone that you love too much
Tender is the day
The demons go away
Lord I need to find
Someone who can heal my mind

*Blur*

My photo website

Originally posted by Ana:
I have my photos on www.dazzle.com
It's a good site. They haven't deleted any pics so I would highly recommend it to all of you PLEBA people

(((Naya)))

Does dazzle have an album or picture limit??? Please say no....

------------------
You're taking steps that make you feel dizzy
Then you learn to like the way it feels
You hurt yourself you hurt your lover
Then you discover
What you thought was freedom is just greed

Sadly, MSN does have a limit, and I have hit it *sniff* so many Bono pics and no place to put them. Besides some of the pics come out as red x or refuse to post as anything but the addy. I want a website, I will be glad to pay for it if anyone can tell me how. I went to dazzle but was too dumb to figure it out.
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 03-06-2002).]

With Sphosting you get 35 MBs, and is not hard.. you just upload your pictures and when you want to post them just post the link.. Is not a photo album webpage.. it's a real server where you put files to create a webpage. I can teach you how to make an album there if you want too
smile.gif

------------------
Winter Halcyon
U2 in ELEVATION

U2 pictures album
http://community.webshots.com/user/winter_halcyon

Originally posted by Winter Halcyon:
Oh I forgot.. and with Free Prohosting you get 50 MBs :p and you can use FTP to upload your files and I think that this one would be better for you..
smile.gif

Thanks for your help! 35 or 50 MBs, about how many pics is that?

Winter, I am so lame, I went there and uploaded pics and it worked, but how do you make them show up like a real website? All I have are names that will turn into a pic when you click on them. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help!

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Winter, I am so lame, I went there and uploaded pics and it worked, but how do you make them show up like a real website? All I have are names that will turn into a pic when you click on them. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help!

How did you upload pics... it won't work for me.

------------------
Then you discover

Originally posted by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen:
How did you upload pics... it won't work for me.

I clicked on basic upload, and then it gives you the place to upload pics like the webpages do. What I ended up with was a long list of pic names that turn into pics when you click on them. They will show up one at a time when you click their name once they are uploaded, but this is not like a website, I have no thumbnails, no background, nothing like Winter's site, I don't know what in the world I'm supposed to do.
confused.gif
I wish someone who does would enlighten us.

Trying to post one I uploaded

2002Bono.jpg

I am inept- I can't get the websites Winter told us about to work.
frown.gif
I can upload pics but I have no idea how to make a site. Is it really that hard, or am I making some stupid mistake?

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 03-06-2002).]

Originally posted by Ana:
You can create album and store videos too.
Sadly it has a limit of 10mb of storage. But again: I do recommend it. I've never had any problems with it.
smile.gif

One more question.... how many pics does 10mb hold??

------------------
Then you discover

10 ain't much sister. MSN gave me 30 and I ran out at around 800-900 pics (I had 1,600!) so I would say 10 would give you about 200-300 depending on the size. Maybe you could create several accounts lol! If you only have 300 and are happy with that, it's cool. I just think too many of us are picpackrats and have huge collections. I wish I could figure out how to make the site Winter told us about. It has 50 and that would be over a thousand pics! Alas, I am too lame. I got some pics to upload but all I have is a gray list of names to click on, no site. If anyone makes one and can tell us how, or if Winter comes back, please HELP! Good luck everybody.

Everything is ok.. you have to make a webpage by your own.. I think that the easiest way to do it is using FrontPage Express, almost all PCs have this program, is really easy to use like Word or PowerPoint. Just give me some time and I will send you an email explaining everything ok?
smile.gif

Thanks for your help! 35 or 50 MBs, about how many pics is that?

It depends of the size of your pictures.. is hard to explain that.. but if you run out of space you can always get another account and put more pics there..
tongue.gif

------------------
Winter Halcyon
U2 in ELEVATION

U2 pictures album
http://community.webshots.com/user/winter_halcyon

[This message has been edited by Winter Halcyon (edited 03-07-2002).]

originally posted by Winter Haclyon

Everything is ok.. you have to make a webpage by your own.. I think that the easiest way to do it is using FrontPage Express, almost all PCs have this program, is really easy to use like Word or PowerPoint. Just give me some time and I will send you an email explaining everything ok?

WAAAH! I was afraid of that. I have no idea how to do that, I will try those things you told me but I am totally illiterate in stuff like that. If it's not a make-it-yourself site, I'm out of luck. I don't know anything like that. Thanks for your help though.

I would be happy just with a black page of thumbnails that would enlarge, how do you do that?

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 03-07-2002).]

Originally posted by Winter Halcyon:
Stormy, do you have AIM, MSN, ICQ number or email?

Will be easier to explain you how to make your webpage there.. I made one for you, but I would need a list (the links) of all the pictures that you have in your sphosting account.
smile.gif

I have MSN email, I'll email you through your site, THANK YOU!

I guess if you put the first few on I can do it myself?

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 03-07-2002).]

Wow Winter you are the computer godess!
biggrin.gif

I would really like to learn how to create webpages...is there somewhere you can refer me that would teach me? I'm so glad I have Spring Break this coming week!
biggrin.gif
I think I have found my new project!

Thanks for all your help Winter!

------------------
When you've seen beyond yourself
then you may find peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you.

"You say 'erbs' and we say 'herbs' because there's a fucking 'h' in it!"

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Back
Top Bottom