It's Rant Official #1021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Official dates have been determined for the IO North American Zoney Tour - as well as order. I really want to hang out in Chicago (I have some friends down there I want to connect with, oh, and Screaming Flower). This will be stop one. Detroit is a free flight - it might end up being two. Other than that - we'll have to see my work schedule.

Where would one go to hang out with a Basstrap?

Last edited:
Sis, I agree. People who say this is just an internet board can go to hell. :p You guys have been there for me these last 6 months in ways people I know in real life couldn't have been. :yes:

Jeff, you crack me up. I don't know what's wrong with women, and I'm one so I should have a clue but I don't. You're a great, kick ass guy and anyone would be lucky to have you. Someone will come along who will treat you right, trust me. :)

Sis...my thoughts are with you and your kitty girl. These things are never easy, and you know if you need me for anything, don't hesitate to email, and you've still got my cell # right? :)

BC...poor baby!!! What is up with all these sick babies?! I hope you can find a vet who can make him well.

Bass...some of us are late bloomers but that doesn't make us any less loveable or whatnot. I didn't have a real boyfriend until I was 18! It's been awhile since I've even had a date, like over a year. From what I've seen, you're talented, funny, sweet, and very cool. I know it's tough, but it will come along. You will find a girl as wonderful as you who will appreciate all the things you can give her. :)

(((((((((((((((((((((IO))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I :heart: this place.

Well I'm back from the vet. * sigh

Sasha has a problem with her intestines. It's enlarged/swollen etc. They did an ultrasound on her.. they didnt find any tumors but it could be one of two things most likely. Inflammatory Bowel Disease, which is not curable but maintainable with medication.. or cancer of the intestine. :sad: to find out for sure they would need to do an endoscopy and get a biopsy of the intestine to examine it further. Blah.. or they can just put her on the medication if we dont want to spend the money for the endoscopy.

that is so sad. and i'll bet it's really expensive to get an endoscopy, isn't it? i had to have one of those and it ended up costing me about $1000 even after insurance. i'm assuming kitty ones aren't cheap either. that just sucks. i wish i could make it better magically for you.

:( :sad: :( :sad: :(

for sasha and morris:

A Prayer for Animals

by Albert Schweitzer

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends, the animals, especially for animals who are suffering; for any that are lost or deserted or frightened or hungry.
We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity, and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

Endoscopy would cost about $500. Not that bad, but like I said.. if its cancer maybe I dont want to know about it. Because it will most likely not be curable it if is. I think the medication is the route that we may go. Not sure yet. I forgot to ask how long she would have to live. :sad:

I also would like to say that she is such a good girl. She didnt fuss at all at the vet. They had to hold her while she was on her back and dump the ultrasound goop on her tummy and ultrasound her for like 10 minutes and she just layed there while I scratched her little chin and talked to her. :heart:

:sad:

All you can do is what you feel is best for her, sis. I did the same thing the other day; forgot to ask about how long Spencer has. But the doc said, "It's inevitable." :sad: :sad:

*wishes all this to go away

Um, ok...not to be petty or anything, but I kinda feel as if Spencer has been overlooked here a tad this week. Those of you who have been cool know who you are. I dunno...he has kidney failure, and we don't know how long he's got, so it hurts just as much as anything else would. :( Ugh, I'm getting way too emotional in this thread.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:sad:

All you can do is what you feel is best for her, sis. I did the same thing the other day; forgot to ask about how long Spencer has. But the doc said, "It's inevitable." :sad: :sad:

*wishes all this to go away

Um, ok...not to be petty or anything, but I kinda feel as if Spencer has been overlooked here a tad this week. Those of you who have been cool know who you are. I dunno...he has kidney failure, and we don't know how long he's got, so it hurts just as much as anything else would. :( Ugh, I'm getting way too emotional in this thread.

*hugs*

:sad: :(

This whole thread is so sad ...

Hey zonelistener...

I've always found you to be a really great individual (albeit I never knew whether you were a girl or a boy until now). ;) In fact, you were always one of the few who really seemed to like my strange Whortense threads in this place...lol.

Anyway, hang in there. We need more well-balanced individuals, and, in fact, it is those individuals whom I have the most fun with in life and on this board. Add Boston to your North American tour and maybe you can see the paradoxical balance that is "melon" someday...lol.

Feel free to PM me in the future if you'd like.

Melon

This is one of those threads that makes me wish I could do something. I don't want people to be sad and blue. All you can do is be patient and hope for the best. Good things do happen to good people. You have people who care about you...don't ever forget that.

April...Sicy...two of my most fave gals here...and we are all hurtin' so much because of our babies. :(

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Sicy&April))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

If one wanted to hang out with basstrap you'd have to go to Newfoundland! a rock out in the sea.

heres the city where I live.
its the oldest city in NORTH AMERICA!!
The english came and settled here first and used it mainly as a fishing port and it was thought to be a great place to train sea-men.

DCP_0242.JPG

and my favorite!
the newfoundland dog. These guys have literally been responsible for saving hundreds of lives in the history of Newfoundland. They have a natural instinct to just just in the water and drag people back to shore!

Hnm5.jpg

paddy.jpg

signal.jpg

this is signal hill
Where I go to reflect and relax

Sh2.jpg

This is the view from signal hill!

There are better views but I can't find them
You can look out over the ocean and not see the end. Just picture europe over there somewhere.
its soooo nice.

Sicy :heart:

Okay, okay, I am a total IO lurker but I just had to post because when I read about you scratching your baby's chin when she was having her ultrasound done I got all teary! I have three kitties of my own and I hope Sasha will be able to live out her life pain free and happy. I hope everyhthing turns out okay for you guys. :heart:

Good news!!!!!

I figured out a way to get Morris to take ALL his medicine!!!! :)

I used this new technique, and he was all sweet and lovin' to me again. When I tried earlier, I used the technique the vet had showed me, and that worked horribly...Morris was mad at me and hid in his house all day...when I put my hand by him, he would walk away instead of hoppin' on. But now he's playin' with me again! :)

*hopes that these antibiotics will do the trick for his sores...*

Thank you all for the support - after a brief trip out of town last night, I am feeling a little better.

I will add New Foundland and Boson to the list! Boston actually is another priority. Thanks for reminding me Melon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom