It's Official #:crack:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I think one of my flatmates left for the weekend and left her alarm set or something because the song "Freak of Nature" by Anastasia has been playing REALLY loudly on repeat for the past 24 hours. :|

Thank god I live at the other end of the hall and not next door.

i hate it when that happens.
my neighbor downstairs did that one time :der:
luckily it was during the day and by the time it was time for me to go to bed someone had finally turned it off.

I'm growing increasingly concerned about this situation. :| The same song has been playing non-stop over and over for the past 36 hours. The only other flatmate who's home (and who lives next door to the missing person) doesn't know where the girl is either, and neither of us has her phone number. She called security, but they won't come open the door to make sure everything's all right, so we're stuck listening to the same song on repeat and hoping that our flatmate hasn't died or anything. :uhoh:

Well, they don't have contact numbers for any of us here, and she's from Sri Lanka, so they can't call anyone to find out if they've heard from her. :slant: Her boyfriend lives in London, and she has some family there, so I'm guessing that she probably just left to visit them as she often does and this is just her alarm clock or something. My flatmate is going to call security about it again tomorrow since it'll have been 48 hours.

Why dont they have next of kin contact details? Cant they get in contact with student enrolments? They must have next of kin details somewhere. Thats really bad risk management.

Seriously, it could be nothing and she could be off with her boyfriend. But you dont know until someone finds out.

The housing isn't managed by the university, so I think it has something to do with that. Also this uni is horribly unorganized when it comes to international students. :down:

it doesn't surprise me at all that the uni is doing nothing to help here. My sister used to work in the accommodation office at notts uni and she was driven practically insane by the bad organisation.

security at the halls of residence at my uni (lincoln) were brilliant. When my dad died, they went running round ALL the pubs in Lincoln city centre looking for me (but I was in Nottingham at the time...)

I can't believe they haven't got any contact details :mad:. What if there was a disaster like what happened to me and they couldn't contact people? :huh:

meegannie said:
I can't send pm's, but my email is meegannie@yahoo.com

ooh that explains why my email didn't go through to you the other day...cuz i tried using your msn one :wink: :reject:

i've just sent you another email to the right addy. be looking for one from lzernst.

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom