IT'S OFFICIAL #584 (80's Flashback!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Celebrate the 80's with this thread!

Come on, Eileen...we're going to rock down to Electric Avenue...like a virgin...but I still haven't found what I'm looking for...whip it!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I feel a Wang Chung comin' on tonight!!!!!!!
smile.gif

Takeeeeee onnn meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Take on me

Takeeeeeeeee meeeeeeee ooooooonnnnnnnn

Karma karma karma karma karma chameleoooooooooooooooon
You come and gooooooooo, you come and goooooooooooo
Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream
Red gold and green, red gold and greeeeeeeeeeen..........

biggrin.gif
80's Kicked Ass!

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

.....and I'm hungry like the wolf!!!!!

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

The Cosby Show, Top Gun, Alan Bond, We Built This City On Rock N Roll, Save the Yuppie, Elton John in a Mozart wig, Cheers, Maggie Thatcher, Sting and that guy from the Amazon, World Expo 88, Gremlins, Cocoon, Ash Wednesday, wide belts worn over sweaters, a perm as an attractive female (and male) hairdo... oh what a horrible dream.

------------------
"I could walk into this room
and the waves of conversation
are enough
to knock you down
with the undertow

soooo alone..."

I think i'm stuck in the 80's... I love the music and still play it...

Life in a northen town...do you really want to hurt me...true...break my stride...1999...hold me now...too shy...never can say goodbye...love my way...total eclipse of the heart...i'm gonna be 500 miles...cant stop the music...
shall i go on??

and also leg warmers...big hair...choose life t-shirts...live aid...ET...

somebody stop me...

------------------
'well...2 years and finally we make it down the end of the yellow brick road to sydney australia...' Bono Zoo TV

Originally posted by christiana:
icon36.gif

<==borned in the 80's
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

ME TOO!
biggrin.gif
We are children of the 80's!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Gawd!
The Shiralee, Top Gun, Bananarama, DURAN DURAN, hehehe, I loved Dire Straights in the 80's too, Tears For Fears, Dragon, NKOTB, Bros, Wham, Yazz and the Plastic Population, Fame, The karate Kid, Jaws, Fluro, elastic belts, blue eyeshadow, The Locomotion, poodle perms, Olivia Newton John, the bi-centennary, the Challenger disaster, the America's cup, the Berlin Wall, um, time to stop!

Um, and Ash Wednesday was in 1977, January.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Gawd!
The Shiralee, Top Gun, Bananarama, DURAN DURAN, hehehe, I loved Dire Straights in the 80's too, Tears For Fears, Dragon, NKOTB, Bros, Wham, Yazz and the Plastic Population, Fame, The karate Kid, Jaws, Fluro, elastic belts, blue eyeshadow, The Locomotion, poodle perms, Olivia Newton John, the bi-centennary, the Challenger disaster, the America's cup, the Berlin Wall, um, time to stop!

Um, and Ash Wednesday was in 1977, January.

Is my memory playing tricks with me? Are you sure? In that case, what were the big fires in early 1983? I was sure that was the so-called 'Ash Wednesday'!

------------------
are enough
to knock you down
with the undertow

soooo alone..."

keiran this is weird, I was talking about the Ash Wednesday fires to someone today, and she said she thot they were 1977 as well, but it was also a weird coincidence cos a friend of hers didnt think they were bush fires at all, more to do with Easter.

I only thought this cos my mum was evacuated during those as well, and it seems no matter where she ever lived, every few years she had fire probs. And she said once it was Jan 77 as she was 8 months preggars with me. But im gonna go check this out now, very curious
smile.gif

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Yep, I stand corrected, they were 83/84.

The ones I have been mixed up with all this time were these:
"
1976/77 - In early December, 9,000ha were burnt and three homes destroyed in Hornsby Shire, and 65,000ha were burnt in the Blue Mountains. "

taken from this site: http://www.bushfire.nsw.gov.au/education/majorfires.htm

Sorry kieran!

Hey, not at all. I thought maybe I WAS mistaken. I only 'remember' it (6 yrs old at the time) because visiting some of the burnt-out areas was one of the last things Malcolm Fraser did before he lost the election to Hawkie. Political junkie.

------------------
are enough
to knock you down
with the undertow

soooo alone..."

Back
Top Bottom