It's GA "line" shenanigan time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GA for this tour is $103 including fees. I've never seen them live so I didn't mind spending that, but damn. I am happy it's going to be in the round though. :up:

Depends on the market. I paid about $117/ea for MSG

There's a lot to complain about with U2, but one thing that is a definite amazing thing is that they keep GA standing and relatively cheap.

The day they stop doing that will be the day I will finally come out and admit severe disappointment in U2. (Not that it'll be the end of my fan days, but it'll be very disappointing.)

Those early entry tickets are a rip off- sure you're guaranteed to be at the front - but you have to stay there- you move you lose your spot

There's nothing stopping anyone with normal tickets standing in front of you.

I remember enduring Madonna's Sticky and Sweet tour at Wembley- there were people stood behind me who'd paid 3 times what I did for early entry

Well U2 actually does do this, just not with GA. They have VIP packages for some of the prime reserved seats. Had them on i+e as well.

ETA: And you could actually consider Red Zone as kind of doing it with GA, but a portion goes to charity so there's no uproar.

The Red Zone is not similar to early entry to regular GA. Not even close.

which is kinda funny, cause from what i was seeing, most shows Greenday was playing so far have been 6-8000 seat venues. So paying a bunch to get closer is sorta funny.

Not sure where. In the US (after the club shows) the arenas were the same ones that U2 played in IE (20-25k).

The Red Zone is not similar to early entry to regular GA. Not even close.

Note I said "kind of"
You pay more for a premium spot in the GA area with other perks, so its "kind of" like the VIP early entry to GA you can pay extra for with some other artists.
You're paying more for an advantage over regular GA patrons.

I took this pic at 6:01pm in Houston

GD94683_d.jpg

Houston was a middle of the week show, so I think it was less crowded early than a weekend show would be.

Ha yeah I went to Houston with my wife who didn't want to wait all day in line. Then I sold my extra tickets to another fan and his wife who couldn't bet there until around 6. When we were entering, while I had resigned myself to being ok with being far back - I was still a smidge disappointed, but then we got in and... walked almost right up to the B-Stage.

It was actually too close for my wife and we walked back and stood in front of the ADA stands which ended up being perfect. Great spot, close and the ADA stand acted as a wave break.

Looks like Chicago list will start soon. This is one of the self appointed line leaders. [TWEET]869795824829640704[/TWEET]

Gotta love Nate and his catchphrase "perhaps you'd be more comfortable with a seated ticket".

Just tweeting in advance to the stadium about "coordinating with head of security" is laughable too. The guy's a prime example of someone who has really let this all go to their head.

GA list for Croke Park starting right now. I'm no 1, and all my Dublin mates are taking numbers up to 2000 so really, the rest of you really needn't bother coming. :lol:

which is kinda funny, cause from what i was seeing, most shows Greenday was playing so far have been 6-8000 seat venues. So paying a bunch to get closer is sorta funny.

I've seen this sort of priority entry thing for gigs in club venues with capacities of 800 or so. It's complete extortion, though those packages are usually better value than what you'd get for a bigger act like Green Day or Arcade Fire. But because some fans are obsessed with being on the rail and not a centimetre further back, there's a market for it.

Pittsburgh "line" has started, according to a post on AtU2. It's at Allegheny Station across from Heinz Field at the corner of Allegheny and Reedsville Streets. This info came from a screenshot of a private Facebook group about the show. The list keeper has posted nothing on his personal Twitter page. :lol: :rolleyes:

Pittsburgh "line" has started, according to a post on AtU2. It's at Allegheny Station across from Heinz Field at the corner of Allegheny and Reedsville Streets. This info came from a screenshot of a private Facebook group about the show. The list keeper has posted nothing on his personal Twitter page. :lol: :rolleyes:

A mole... digging in a hole... post the shit out of that everywhere on social media now :D

Maybe he'd be more comfortable with his head out of his rectum.

Nah, I assume that's most enjoyable to him. He gave me that fucking line on Twitter too after I thanked him for running this great service to fans because how else would anyone who's already been in the ront row 25x ever get there again? LOL.

Pittsburgh "line" has started, according to a post on AtU2. It's at Allegheny Station across from Heinz Field at the corner of Allegheny and Reedsville Streets. This info came from a screenshot of a private Facebook group about the show. The list keeper has posted nothing on his personal Twitter page. [emoji38] :rolleyes:
Great. This way they can get in front of the other 20 people who are going.

Ga line

Hi everyone!

I have GA tix for 6/28 @ MetLife (NY/NJ). What is a good time (generally) to line up if I desire a decent (not great) spot?

Thanks in advance,
MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom