Isabel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
So is anyone on the US East coast making preparations? You know, water, batteries, U2 boots? :D

SD, in the apparent path of destruction

My boyfriend told me tonight that his brother (a middle school teacher in NC) had to move out of his trailer and into a town.

Take care, SD!

I live in Florida and I've experienced hurricane's before, make sure you bored up your house and have plenty of batteries, candles and water!!

For a while everbody here in South Florida were scared out of there minds that Isabel was going to slam into us, thank goodness that its not. Stay safe SD.

I'm in VA, right outside of DC (which is nice for harassing Senators and the WB/IMF to drop the debt :D). Apparently tomorrow N. Carolina and VA are gonna get clobbered. :huh: We'll see.

:)

SD

lol When I first moved to Florida, everyone in NJ was like...ahh you are gonna see a lot of hurricanes. Of course they are getting the hurricane. :| :eeklaugh:

I was supposed to go on a three day cruise this weekend...luckily we changed our minds and decided not to do it until hurricane season is over.

I am too Sherry D! :scream: I am afraid to leave, don't know where to go, am afraid of doing the wrong thing, and wondering what to do with my kitties:sad: The stores are putting boards on the windows and the schools are already closed tommorrow ahead of time. The sky is beautiful and blue and it's so nice outside. I hope it doesn't hurt us!

All I can say be careful. I lived through Hurricane Andrew in south Miami and it was the worst experience of my life. I never want to go through that again.

When I finally came out of the closet, that was basically all that was left on my condo.

U2Kitten said:
I am too Sherry D! :scream: I am afraid to leave, don't know where to go, am afraid of doing the wrong thing, and wondering what to do with my kitties:sad: The stores are putting boards on the windows and the schools are already closed tommorrow ahead of time. The sky is beautiful and blue and it's so nice outside. I hope it doesn't hurt us!

I hope you guys are safe :hug: (and the kitties too :) )

DML said:
lol When I first moved to Florida, everyone in NJ was like...ahh you are gonna see a lot of hurricanes. Of course they are getting the hurricane. :| :eeklaugh:

I was supposed to go on a three day cruise this weekend...luckily we changed our minds and decided not to do it until hurricane season is over.
true..but it doesn't mean jersey can't get clobbered..remember hurricane floyd? oh jeebus. all i know is that we are gonna get reeeally soggy..no prob though- i like the rain ^_^ :)

U2Kitten said:

This web site might help you find some place to stay for a night or two WITH your kitties, if you need to evacuate:

http://www.petswelcome.com/

Good luck and stay safe! :hug:

*edited to add the link to the site's cat-specific datebase:
http://www.petswelcome.com/milkbone/catmap.html

Last edited:
Thanks for caring Kelly! Thanks for the links of cat friendly places Erised! I'll check them out now in case I have to leave tommorrow. I'm scared, I hope it doesn't get bad for anybody.

I am actually skipping town to go to a fund-raiser in buffalo...but my family lives in Baltimore AND we have a place at the beach so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Good luck ladies! I was supposed to fly out but I've decided to drive and try to stay ahead of the winds.

SD...atleast Isabel knew not to mess with Bruce...*wink*

Thanks all. Kitty, be careful! Take care. Carey, DiGi, you guys too. (Trying to remember all the DC people :))

Feesh--damn straight. This just reinforces my theory: God's a Bruce fan. :D Thanks again for the company.

SD

Kariann said:
Stay safe everyone. I hope she doesnt hit too hard. They have been talking that we could see rain here Friday or Sat from Isabel but that was before the downgrade to a category 2. My thoughts will be with everyone who's along the coast.
Isabel was downgraded again? That means I'll definitely be driving to work on Friday in torrential rain. :grumpy:

But really, that's okay, considering it could have been a brush with a category 5. I've seen plenty of 3's; just the thought of a 5 scares the crap out of me!

That's a great site Erised! Thanks for caring :hug: I should have left last night, but I kept hoping it wouldn't get bad. I don't know what I'm going to do.:scream:

Report from eastern VA- wind is starting to blow, raining in all directions. Some of the roads are starting to get flooded. It hasn't even hit land yet! We don't know for sure which path it will take across land. Something just hit the top of the house :yikes: it was a big branch. I want to leave but now I'm afaid the car will get blown away, so maybe I'll just ride the storm out and hope I don't lose my roof! If I don't post again I might have lost my electricity, thousands in the area already have. I'll be hoping I don't lose anything and hoping the best for everybody as this thing moves. Stay safe tonight :wave:

Jam Jar said:

true..but it doesn't mean jersey can't get clobbered..remember hurricane floyd? oh jeebus. all i know is that we are gonna get reeeally soggy..no prob though- i like the rain ^_^ :)

Hehe, I remember hurricane floyd. we had two days off of school from that. lol.

I hope the PLEBAns are all safe and dry.

Apparently my hometown, Pittsburgh, is getting buckets of rain from Isabel. Glad I'm at school!

erised said:
^ :wave: Stay safe U2Kitten, and everyone else in the storm's path. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. :)

Ditto.

I've never experienced a hurricane (one advantage to living smack dab in the middle of the country...although when hurricanes and tropical storms come in from the Gulf, any moisture from them can affect our weather here), nor do I ever want to. My dad did when he was a kid, though-his family was visiting some relatives in Mississippi when Camille hit. They got the outer edge of the storm.

That's really good to hear that it's continuing to weaken. Still, yeah, stay safe, everyone. Especially with all the heavy rain and flooding. Hope the damage isn't too bad, either.

Angela

Hi, I JUST got my electricity back about 20 minutes ago and the first thing I did after turning on the AC was to hook up the computer and come here! ;) I've missed it so much, and all the electric things. It was so hot and miserable! We had no phone for days either. I lost 2 trees but nothing hit the house. 2 of my neighbors got their houses crushed :( but no one was hurt. One of them had their dog and cat inside when it happened but they were okay. I stayed here with my kitties, and rode it out. My best friend across the street and stayed and we kept running back and forth. It was bad from the time I posted until about 7 that night, but for about 2 hours in the afternoon it was SCARY. The wind was blowing so hard and the trees were bending. The trees were the worst thing, most of the power lines and houses would have been okay if it weren't for the broken and falling trees and branches. Some places near the water flooded too. A big tree blocked the exit to neighborhood and I was afraid we'd be trapped but they came and moved it that night. It was a very big an old acorn tree. A squirrel brought her baby in her mouth to my friend's porch. Then after the storm it was miserable too. It was the worst I'd ever seen. Most of the stores and gas stations weren't open and when they were there were enormous lines. It was like a war zone. I never want to experience it again and I hope no one else will have to either!:sigh:

I'm hopefully back now and will be able to post for leather day :) Thanks for caring :hug: I hope everyone is okay! :wave:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom