Is this the highest priced tickets for a stadium tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What would a 1987 Bono think of this???

I was watching the onsales closely and getting my head around the ticket price tiering. What I noticed is that similar tickets were pricier in one market than another. Much more than discrepancies on past tours.

Elevation/Vertigo had Canadian and American tickets at the same price points to avoid confusion on the internet. Although some propaganda member were annoyed at paying for US ticket and being offered a Canadian show as an 2nd choice and not being offered the exchange rate difference.

Some US Vertigo had average ticket prices 15-20% higher than other cities. MSG is a hotter ticket than a Phoenix double nighter. This was a fairly small difference. Ticket prices were also adjusted for Latin shows or parts of Europe.

That was past tours, but on this tour Live Nation is being a bit more experimental. An 85,000 seat venue(San Siro) only has 8,000 of the cheapest seats, whereas another city with a smaller stadium has over 20,000. A balcony seat in Chicago is $250, when in another US city it's probably a third the price. Some seats for Dublin #3 were cheaper than #1 to encourage a quicker sellout of the last show.

Some may think this is smart business, but a 1987 Bono would ridicule the Rolling Stones or the Frank/Dean/Sammy tour tried this in the late 1980's.

A student on a tight budget could have less tickets available to them depending on the city they live. The average ticket price on some market (boxscore average) could be 40% higher in same cities than others.

Some may think this is smart business, but a 1987 Bono would ridicule the Rolling Stones or the Frank/Dean/Sammy tour tried this in the late 1980's.

A student on a tight budget could have less tickets available to them depending on the city they live. The average ticket price on some market (boxscore average) could be 40% higher in same cities than others.

What about the 1987 Edge, or the 1985 Larry, or the 1984 Adam? Do these time machine characters not have feelings too?

Weak argument, and some fuzzy math...

Aerosmith tix goin for $124-$200, and it's not in stadiums.

I wonder what U2's cost of production for the 360 tour will be, I know on POPmart they spent $100 million on stage/production costs. With internet music becoming the norm, sluggish record sales will no doubt result in much higher concert ticket costs for everyone.

M jackson is in the money....... and it is 20 million production cost. With state of art lighting and design.

Tickets average about $115 and capacity will be about 15,000 per show, taking the gross for the run to about $90 million. Premium and VIP packages and secondary market sales will boost the gross to more than $100 million. Merchandise sales could bring in another $15 million.
The deal is set up where Jackson shares in net ticket revenue which, according to Billboard calculations, would make Jackson's take on ticket sales alone north of $50 million, though producer/promoter AEG Live would not confirm this.
The company has footed the bill for a $20 million production, and the show layout is coming together.
"Originally we tried to keep the show down to 90 minutes, but Michael has so many must-do songs in his repertoire that the shows now will be two-plus hours," AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips tells Billboard.
Phillips would not reveal details of the production, but one could expect a multi-media experience that would be "the most cutting edge ever employed on a tour. We're using technology that's never been used before in live entertainment."

But the 81 Edge would be so disappointed but 85 Adam would fire one up and enjoy the show.......:doh:

Weak argument, and some fuzzy math...

I'll put the math another way.

There are cities in the US and Europe that will have an average ticket price 30-40% higher than in other cities(of equal economic footing) when boxscore are released.

You don't have a problem with that?

I've heard of pro-sports charing 10-20% higher for "premium" teams in regular season and cranking the prices in the playoffs. I've never heard of any single event where it's higher in one citiy than another simply because of deeper pockets.

I'll put the math another way.

There are cities in the US and Europe that will have an average ticket price 30-40% higher than in other cities(of equal economic footing) when boxscore are released.

You don't have a problem with that?

I've heard of pro-sports charing 10-20% higher for "premium" teams in regular season and cranking the prices in the playoffs. I've never heard of any single event where it's higher in one citiy than another simply because of deeper pockets.

If I'm going to see a professional football game, I will more than likely pay more in Dallas than I would Houston, that's just how it is...

I've seen PJ in the past had almost the same exact seats, same tour, and paid more for certain venues.

How are you coming up with the average ticket prices? I haven't seen an official release of the exact seating chart.

Aerosmith tix goin for $124-$200, and it's not in stadiums.
QUOTE]

Aerosmith tix @ Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton are going for $119-499 CAD. only 1/4 of stadium seating is being used. what a waste!

Wow - pricey , sometimes they do both, but for the most part this tour will be in arena's.

I still think $125-200 is pricy for arena shows, usually stadiums have better visuals/production so I don't mind paying the extra dough, but arenas.....:huh::huh:

Boxscores for the first 6 shows just came in to Billboard Boxscore! Here they are:

U2 360 TOUR

1ST LEG EUROPE

June 30, July 2, 2009
Barcelona, Spain
Camp Nou
GROSS: $19,825,497 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 182,055 (RECORD)
SHOWS: 2
SELLOUTS: 2
Average Ticket Price: $108.90

July 7-8, 2009
Milan, Italy
Stadio San Siro
GROSS: $15,168,799 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 153,806 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $98.62

July 11-12, 2009
Paris, France
Stade De France
GROSS: $20,902,760 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 186,544 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $112.05

U2 360 TOUR: 1ST LEG EUROPE STATS

GROSS: $55,897,056
ATTENDANCE: 522,405
Average Gross: $9,316,176
Average Attendance: 87,068
Average Ticket Price: $107
Shows: 6
Sellouts: 6

Huge numbers for the first 6 shows of the tour!

Music Business News- Billboard.com - Discover Top-Grossing Music Concerts

Whoa! Huge numbers indeed! :ohmy:
And I hadn't realized that Paris (probably) has the biggest stadium/attendance this tour. I would've thought it would be Camp Nou in Barcelona.

amazing!

be interested to see the london figures too when they come in. that should be a huge one
(maybe not 2nd night though!!)...

Is the San Siro attendance record for city or country? It's VERY close to the 1997 Popmart show.

The Paris numbers must have narrowly beat Celine's 2 "in the round" 1999 shows and Johnny Hallyday's 1998 and 2009 3-night stands.

What "show" does Springsteen need for Stadiums beyond basic sound/stage lighting/screens?

The answer is None with Springsteen its only about the music amd his most expensive ticket is $95.00. Probably the best deal I know since he plays 3 hours every night.

I like my $30 seats at the Rose Bowl.

Row 33 in section 12, at the same level as the exits. Here's d.darroch's images from the Rose Bowl thread:

n757420726_6478306_1743917.jpg

n757420726_6478307_3620082.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of NLOTH (or of the 360 Tour stage design, for that matter), so I wasn't going to pay through the nose to see any shows on this tour.

So basically all of the good seats are (which are noted in Blue) are $250.00. Say you want to take your wife and kid your talking close to $1000.00 for a stadium show? Ridiculous greedy price especially in this economy. But what the heck everyone else is charging it and will most likely sell out.

So basically all of the good seats are (which are noted in Blue) are $250.00. Say you want to take your wife and kid your talking close to $1000.00 for a stadium show? Ridiculous greedy price especially in this economy. But what the heck everyone else is charging it and will most likely sell out.

Did you even read the post that you quoted? The person who specifically said they were happy with their $30 dollars seats at the Rose Bowl because they weren't going to pay $250?

I wouldn't say "greedy" when the band and a lot of the fans know that the "best" spots in the house are in GA, which are a comparatively cheap $55. And with the stage they've designed, I'd say the $30 are giving you a great bang for your buck as well.

If they were charging $250 across the board, or only two price levels, then yeah, I'd probably think it was disappointing and unnecessary. But when there are four different price levels available, ranging from a whoppingly cheap $30 to $250, I'd say it's really a stretch to accuse anyone of being greedy.

Did you even read the post that you quoted? The person who specifically said they were happy with their $30 dollars seats at the Rose Bowl because they weren't going to pay $250?

I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that most of the good seats in the first level are $250.00 and look at the upper level that are $95.00 in my opinion thats ridiculous. I know I cant afford it.

I wouldn't say "greedy" when the band and a lot of the fans know that the "best" spots in the house are in GA, which are a comparatively cheap $55. And with the stage they've designed, I'd say the $30 are giving you a great bang for your buck as well.

If they were charging $250 across the board, or only two price levels, then yeah, I'd probably think it was disappointing and unnecessary. But when there are four different price levels available, ranging from a whoppingly cheap $30 to $250, I'd say it's really a stretch to accuse anyone of being greedy.

Did you ever see a show in a stadium? Its just my opinion and not meant to offend anyone but the purple seats are 95.00 even in the upper level and you really wont see anything and $250.00 for a 2 hour show is alot of money. For 30.00 your better off staying home and waiting for the DVD. Again this is just my opinion but those costs are CRAZY especially in this economy.

Did you ever see a show in a stadium? Its just my opinion and not meant to offend anyone but the purple seats are 95.00 even in the upper level and you really wont see anything and $250.00 for a 2 hour show is alot of money. For 30.00 your better off staying home and waiting for the DVD. Again this is just my opinion but those costs are CRAZY especially in this economy.
well all i can base my opinion on is the last time i saw u2 at a stadium, which was popmart. i had pretty shitty seats which cost more than $30 (not even adjusting for inflation, and the seats would probably be in the $30 tier now) and i still thought i got my money's worth. :shrug: sure the dvd's nice because you can really see everything up close but nothing's like actually seeing and experiencing it live.

and yes popmart had the huge screen; however i think the screens on this tour are pretty nice as well. i'm sure your average person in the $30 thinks they got a great show and could see as well as you can far from the stage. it's not like they're going to sell any obstructed view seats. so surely anyone buying $30 tickets isn't expecting to be able to count bono's nose hairs or anything. however, it's not like you'll need binoculars just to see the screen.

Once again Bruce, you aren't making a fucking lick of sense. ALL of Bruce's tickets were 95, correct? He didn't have any $30 tickets did he? In fact someone showed the average ticket price in this thread earlier and it was about the same...

So how is $30 too much for an upper level ticket for U2, but 95 for an upper level ticket for Bruce when you can't see shit, a good deal?

Once again Bruce, you aren't making a fucking lick of sense. ALL of Bruce's tickets were 95, correct? He didn't have any $30 tickets did he? In fact someone showed the average ticket price in this thread earlier and it was about the same...

So how is $30 too much for an upper level ticket for U2, but 95 for an upper level ticket for Bruce when you can't see shit, a good deal?

Yeah!

kool-aid-man.jpg

I think the appearance of Kool-Aid Man (so rude, busting through all those walls) automatically trumps any argument.

Kool-Aid Man Busts Through Thread's Wall = U2 are greedy bastards

:)

Back
Top Bottom