Is this the highest priced tickets for a stadium tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GA are same or less than Vertigo, I think it s a very good deal.

Now i could bitch about Celine Dion or Barbara Straisand for an average ticket price of 250 euros...wtf!!! + their music sucks big time

Wembley 1 is sold out? as i couldnt bring up ANY tickets on ticketmaster, not even singles, and see tickets shows both don valley and wembley as "sold out",

Nor could I... but they will probably release more later - AND bloody touts have been buying them for re-sale.

There doesn't seem to be as much hype around U2 in general (from what I have noticed) - this time around, so maybe the kind of general fans are not as interested as they were last time.

Yeah, this obviously plays a part - but I am sure most fans would be willing to forego the theatrics in return for cheaper prices.

I wouldn't. When I go to see a show I want to see a show. I don't like the basement-pub-sitting-on-a-bar-stool-strumming-an-acoustic-guitar type "shows".

I wouldn't. When I go to see a show I want to see a show. I don't like the basement-pub-sitting-on-a-bar-stool-strumming-an-acoustic-guitar type "shows".

Hyperbole all you want, but would you forego a 163feet high stage for something more like Vertigo, if it meant more fans could see them at a reasonable price?

It is funny to think about what would of happened had legs 1 & 2 been arena shows. With the average arena being 20,000, Shows 1 and 2 would of soldout fast and some cities might of got a 3rd or possibly a 4th shows. It would of clearly sent a message to the entertainment world that U2 are the hottest ticket period. Instead, we wonder here with a stadium tour, if the band are going to add a second night in some of these markets where as 3 arena shows in the same place are easier to sellout.
It seems to be that band wants more family time and less show time. Larry has being saying this all along in recent mag articles.

the problem is i dont think they will seel out a 2nd wembley show at those prices

wembley 1 is still not sold out

There will probably be a second show on this summer leg, and then a third one added for the 2010 European Leg. The only tickets still available after a few hours of on sale at wembley were "single tickets". Most people go to shows with someone, so its not a surprise there were a bunch of singles around for a couple of days. Also, with the new set up, the capacity may be as high as 105,000 for the Wembley shows.

It is funny to think about what would of happened had legs 1 & 2 been arena shows. With the average arena being 20,000, Shows 1 and 2 would of soldout fast and some cities might of got a 3rd or possibly a 4th shows. It would of clearly sent a message to the entertainment world that U2 are the hottest ticket period. Instead, we wonder here with a stadium tour, if the band are going to add a second night in some of these markets where as 3 arena shows in the same place are easier to sellout.
It seems to be that band wants more family time and less show time. Larry has being saying this all along in recent mag articles.

Remember, with the way this tour is designed, the capacity for the stadiums is larger than it was on the last tour. Wembley may hold up to 105,000 with this set up. Cardiff and Glasgow will likely be over 70,000.

Hyperbole all you want, but would you forego a 163feet high stage for something more like Vertigo, if it meant more fans could see them at a reasonable price?

The prices look about the same as they were for Vertigo, and it looks like the shows are selling fast, plenty of people are going to see them regardless of stage setup or price. I don't see any reason to strip down the show.

Remember, with the way this tour is designed, the capacity for the stadiums is larger than it was on the last tour. Wembley may hold up to 105,000 with this set up. Cardiff and Glasgow will likely be over 70,000.

Thoeretically it may hold up to 105,000 or so but I suspect health & safety will prevent them having more in than for the football. The Foo Fighters played to a 360 set-up and had 86,000 which was deemed "sold out".

Thoeretically it may hold up to 105,000 or so but I suspect health & safety will prevent them having more in than for the football. The Foo Fighters played to a 360 set-up and had 86,000 which was deemed "sold out".

Thats true and it remains to be seen how this will turn out. Camp Nou in Barcelona has a capacity of 99,000 for a regular sporting event, but when the Pope came, there were 120,000 people. So, some stadiums may have strict fire code restrictions while others may not be as strict.

The prices look about the same as they were for Vertigo, and it looks like the shows are selling fast, plenty of people are going to see them regardless of stage setup or price. I don't see any reason to strip down the show.

I think many of the prices might be comparable but the highest price tickets are definitely higher.

I paid about 86 Euro for the highest priced seat in Barcelona for Vertigo. The same seat this tour is 150 Euro. The same in the US. The highest priced seats were $165, for this tour that same seat is $250.

They seem don;t seem to be that bothered about the recession - reading in the USA Stadium thread it sounds as though the problem in charging higher ticket prices will be worse there than here.

the problem is i dont think they will seel out a 2nd wembley show at those prices

wembley 1 is still not sold out

2ND SHOW AT WEMBLEY!

15 August 2009 Wembley Stadium London GB

Pre-sale: Tues. March 24 10AM to Thurs. March 26 12noon

PUBLIC ON-SALE: Fri. 27th March

Springsteen - 85 euro GA
U2 - 60 euro GA

Springsteen has no support acts and U2 have a big stage, lights everything

Yeah u2 are overcharging people...

Bruce has never charged over 100 for a ticket on any of his tours. This is U2's 3rd tour with $100+ tickets.

U2's GA tickets have never been priced anywhere near "market value".

Springsteens show in Scotland is 55 standing (same as U2) and 45/55 seated (compared to 30/85/150) for U2. I think I know who it would be overall cheaper to see.

Springsteens shows last a fair while as well - probably longer than most of U2s.

oh and Springsteens stage set up is fairly light but they do have like 10 performers all wanting a piece of the pie, comapred to U2s 4.

Springsteens show in Scotland is 55 standing (same as U2) and 45/55 seated (compared to 30/85/150) for U2. I think I know who it would be overall cheaper to see.

Springsteens shows last a fair while as well - probably longer than most of U2s.

They were 95 and 65 here in the states... So probably close to averaging the same...

oh and Springsteens stage set up is fairly light but they do have like 10 performers all wanting a piece of the pie, comapred to U2s 4.

U2 has a much bigget crew too, the poor crew they always get forgotten about...

U2's (and likely most other performers) tickets are priced well below market price (given the supply), which is why such an extensive secondary market exists.

Bruce has never charged over 100 for a ticket on any of his tours. This is U2's 3rd tour with $100+ tickets.

U2's GA tickets have never been priced anywhere near "market value".

His Irish tickets are 85 euro that's $115, or does this not count because it's not America. He's also charging 96 euro for seats. Springsteen sucks for ticket prices. He's a lot worse than U2

His Irish tickets are 85 euro that's $115, or does this not count because it's not America. He's also charging 96 euro for seats. Springsteen sucks for ticket prices. He's a lot worse than U2

It was $115 in Canada in 2008. Bruce's Dublin audience is one of his strongest Euro markets.

U2 could charge $250 for those GA tickets and they would probably sell in the first weekend.

Are these the highest priced tickets for stadium tour?

Nope.

The Stones' '05-'06 A Bigger Bang tour was the highest priced stadium tour. But then again, they're a larger draw than U2 is...

The good seats and the vast majority at $30-55 are still well below what Springsteen charged in 2002 ($75+)

But then again, they're a larger draw than U2 is...

Outside the USA and Canada, the Stones lost it to U2 on the Vertigo Tour. I think this will be the U2 tour which finally overruns the Stones nearly everywhere including the USA and Canada.

Are these the highest priced tickets for stadium tour?

Nope.

The Stones' '05-'06 A Bigger Bang tour was the highest priced stadium tour. But then again, they're a larger draw than U2 is...

Madonna's 2006 tour had aggresive pricing. The 15 or so dates on the 3Tenors world stadium tour are probably still tough to approach.

Back
Top Bottom