Is bono a freemason or linked with any masonic things?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
akann said:

was he a higher level mason or a lower one?? sorry, I should have stated that my point only refers to the "executive masons".

High. He was one of the big shots in his group. The top dog for a while.

He loved it...spent thousands on the dress outfits. He had this hat that cost like a thousand bucks thirty years ago. I should have kept that hat...would have made a great Halloween costume.

Being a "secret" society, I really think people can make it whatever they want. He was uber church guy, but perhaps someone else would see it differently.

This thread is finally getting interesting. :hmm: I didn't know much about masons before this. It's fascinating!

akann said:
masons hate God and Christians in particular. All Bono talks about is God and quotes from the bible all the time. I think your theory is off my friend, but I'm with you in believing that the masons are sinister and not to be trusted.

This is nonsense, the pre-requesite for becoming a freemason is that you must believe in a supreme being - ie God.

MattFromNYC said:
i've read some things about him being one. and theres a few things he does and mentions that made me wonder.

is this true?

Hey, Matt, I saw an interview where Bono said he's actually an atheist and in an active group that worships the natural, beautiful power of blue penguins. He even gets Ali to dress as a blue penguin sometimes.

Thought you'd like to know. :yes:

Re: Re: Is bono a freemason or linked with any masonic things?

Axver said:
He even gets Ali to dress as a blue penguin sometimes.

<- *sneaks into PLEBA to see if pictures are already up :drool:*

:wink:

akann said:

was he a higher level mason or a lower one?? sorry, I should have stated that my point only refers to the "executive masons".

My grandfather was a Master Mason and was still a religious Jew.

And it's true, the main belief of Freemasons is in the "Grand Architect of the Universe," i.e. God. Their entire temple/lodge is built as a replica of the temple of Solomon with an altar in the middle.

Quote from Wikipedia:
Generally to be a Freemason, one must:
Be a man who comes of his own free will. Traditionally Freemasons do not actively recruit new members.
Believe in a Supreme Being, or, in some jurisdictions, a Creative Principle.
Be at least the minimum age (18–25 years depending on the jurisdiction, but commonly 21),
Be of sound mind, body and of good morals, and of good repute.
Be free (or "born free", i.e. not born a slave or bondsman).
Have one or two references from current Masons (depending on jurisdiction).

I took a class...cripes...3 semesters ago where we discussed Freemasons in depth as well as their initiation rites. Interesting stuff.

My father was a 33 degree mason. He has a masonic funeral. My brother, sister and I ended up giggling through the entire ceremony but everyone behind us thought we were crying. The minister of the church he and my mother attended was also a mason. My mother was in Eastern Star and my sister and I were Rainbow Girls.:reject:

MattFromNYC said:
..... and all of the sudden the past few years he just acts and seems like a mason.

my dad and grandad are both masons, and i do not agree with it at all.
and i kinda saw some similarities.

the peace sign thing seems a little weird to me, too. its got an alternate meaning in masonic terms.

they talk about this online on other sites as well.

How do you mean when you say Bono 'acts and seems like a mason'?

Peace sign - what is the alternate meaning in masonic terms?

This probably could be an interesting thread - maybe FYM?

well the V sign he usually does to me is taken straight from churchill, who created this peace sign during WWII and it was used during the 60's to win a war symbol to the peace cause...
He uses it just like an "hippy" would...
My guess is that he wanna take this symbol to tellus that at the end the only victory is in peace, or something like that
(My main flaw is to put words in the people's mouth, I must confess...:wink: )
That said, the visual part of the vertigo show is developed by willy williams and thousand of other people/tecnician...
so it can't be just an his own responsability...
Plus youi have to consider that here in europe freemason are not well considered, and many of'em are hidden mason...
and I don't think that Bono's simple and genuine mind is interested in things like that...he only wants to write songs and do all that he can to make the world a better place to live in...he's a dreamer and sincere, that's what we all found in their music...
Ciao,
Tom

You guys finally figured it out..... Bono is the Gran PooBaaa of Masonic Temple #1313 North Dublin Chapter.

:wink:

I just got this mental picture of a pot-bellied Bono wearing a Fez with his wrap-around sunglasses driving a miniature car in a cheesy parade. :laugh:

I heard he was a free mason -- he's planning to steal the Consitution because there's some code on the back that explains where some burried treasure is. :wink:

YBORCITYOBL said:
You guys finally figured it out..... Bono is the Gran PooBaaa of Masonic Temple #1313 North Dublin Chapter.

He gets a neat hat too....

flintstones.jpg

This is a very interesting question, and I'd like to check out what you mean by the symbols. Very insightful and intelligent topic. Unfortuntely, too many people around here don't want that, they only want something they can turn into some kind of sarcastic joke that isn't funny. Either that or they make sport of belittling people and making them feel stupid for their posts. You had a good idea, don't feel bad about any of your threads. You're just a deep thinker in a shallow wading pool. :|

Man you guys are mean. He was throwing a theory out there and you have to blast him for that. What would Bono say?

I heard that Dan Brown is posting on this board in order to collect material for his next book. It's about some conspiracy theory and a big popular rock band. He uses a pseudonym containing the word "Matt" here.

Justin24 said:
What would Bono say?

Is Bono Jesus now or something?

It's not like Bono's never mean, so if he said something he'd be a bit of a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Chizip said:

Is Bono Jesus now or something?

He's the Irish version of God. May your sins be washed away with the Guinness of Bono!

Justin24 said:
Man you guys are mean. He was throwing a theory out there and you have to blast him for that. What would Bono say?

A theory is based on a valid hypothesis and experimentation, facts, data, etc, not just a peace sign that can be interpreted in a gazillion different ways and the fact that Bono just seems like a mason. :shrug:

There's probably more evidence to support Bono being Jewish or Muslim than there is that he's a mason.

U2Kitten said:
You're just a deep thinker in a shallow wading pool. :|

Um, this is deep thinking?

When creating a theory such as this, you need some concrete evidence. This is no where evidence, and it's definately not concrete;

at their shows, they show all of the religious and spiritual symbols, and a couple of freemason symbols appear among them, and all of the sudden the past few years he just acts and seems like a mason.

Oh, yeah what symbols? Where? So then when asked, this is what he came up with;

theres that freemason symbol that is like a carpenters symbol that they use in one of the backdrops and some visuals used during the show.

Great description. Anyone seen this visual, anyone?

the peace sign thing seems a little weird to me, too. its got an alternate meaning in masonic terms.

Appently he has family members who are Mason's yet he couldn't tell what this "alternate" meaning is. I mean come on, Bono's been flashing it for years. Do you honestly think he's been shooting some symbol to some secret societies about how they are going to take over the world?

he just acts like a mason!!

Oh, and this is my favorite argument.

So before attacking everyone and calling them shallow. Read what he's said. Or back up his theory.:|

Or read his previous theories, about Bono only selecting attractive women to come on stage, about Bono not giving autographs to girls who are ugly, about the band picking pretty people to be up front at concerts, about Bono lip syncing at concerts, about Bono not even singing on the albums, about Bono cheating on his wife, and maaaaaaaaaany more about Bono and his personal life. I guess if trying to find out meaningless things about the bands, and especially bonos, personal life is deep, then I'm glad to be shallow.

even if bono is a freemason, who cares, why do we have to get into every bit of his personal life? all i care about is the music.

Chizip said:
Or read his previous theories, about Bono only selecting attractive women to come on stage, about Bono not giving autographs to girls who are ugly, about the band picking pretty people to be up front at concerts, about Bono lip syncing at concerts, about Bono not even singing on the albums, about Bono cheating on his wife, and maaaaaaaaaany more about Bono and his personal life. I guess if trying to find out meaningless things about the bands, and especially bonos, personal life is deep, then I'm glad to be shallow.

You forgot the one about the left-handed double. IMO this is the most important "theory" there is. If there is a double then there's a 50/50 chance that HE might be the one who's a Mason, clearing Bono.

:der:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom