Irish Independent NLOTH track by track preview / All Other Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love 'You and I will make a fire!'

That managed to raise my already unbelievable excitement level over Magnificent.

And MOS if, if nothing else, going to be one of the best lyrics of Bono's career. Based one the 5 or 6 lines we've seen, it just has to be...
:heart:

I happen to love ATYCLB and HTTAAB, but this statement: "In conclusion: I’m dying to hear this album again. And again many times over. Definitely U2’s most challenging record, with the band hitting previously unheard of straps. Bono especially sounds far better than he has over the last decade, or longer, and never sounds like he’s pushing to hit notes he can’t reach, instead totally flying." sounds very exciting! :hyper::hyper:

We are about to get the best U2 album. This is the real deal, I'm convinced.

Just for comparision-what if the Rolling Stones put out Let it Bleed in 1994?

Does anyone else see that this is what they've done?!!

absolutely. i think we can confirm this.

"Stand up for your love"

"NLOTH" riff may be first riff from Lanois' film.

I think the lyric is a coincidence. The HQ clip doesn't sound like any description of Stand Up

I think the lyric is a coincidence. The HQ clip doesn't sound like any description of Stand Up

actually, the HQ clip sounds very Achtung Baby, so there's a chance they added a Led Zepplin riff and changed some of the lyrics.

i've been saying all along, For Your Love= Stand Up Comedy.

Think about it, that is the least clear clip. In an August? interview with MOJO, Edge said the For Your Love riff was one of his favorites that he's come up with. Couple that with the descriptions of Stand Up Comedy, what we "think" to be Stand Up Comedy from the U2.com clips (Larry stuff, edge back), and now the lyric "Stand up For Your Love", i think it's a pretty safe bet to add 2+2 here.

well, well, well. I've just returned from a very eventful listening party in the heart of Adelaide. I would say check out my official review online Wednesday but I would be in some major trouble. This is for real, having just completed my degree and getting a job straight out of uni I was delighted when I was given the opportunity to attend a very special listening session if no line on the horizon. After playing u2 every Tuesday at work (my day to playlist) my boss felt I would deserve this opportunity.

I can't give too much away except to say that this album is absolutely surprising to say the least. One thing I noticed the most is that what you think will be a straighforward rock song (magnificent) ends up in a completely different sonic place. That song in paticular reminded me of 'electron blue' by REM. Subtle electro flourishes carry the song on a luscious wave which is complemented by Bonos hushed vocal delivery, reminiscent of the first half of hawkmoon. Another striking aspect of the album is Bonos vocal delivery, he never sounds nasaly ala love and peace. His voice only cracks intentionally and I'm reminded of Joshua tree days when his voice was pitch perfect and effortless.

Lyrics, gosh, lyrics are exceptional. Phrases like only love can leave such a mark, such a bruise on the whim of fate' don't sound corny because they are surrounded by harrowing imagery. At one point in 'stand up comedy' Bono sings what sounds like 'my soul was chained in the main street of town, people would throw stones and spit on the crown' or something like that. All very self deprecating. Anyway, sorry for the rushed review, I'm on my iPhone at work. I'll let you know more when I'm home tonight. Apologies for any spelling errors.

it still has some of the most self-absorbed writing i think i've ever encountered.

and i went back and corrected the gender.

So?

Its a blog, isn't it?

I found it refreshing, honest, and not pretentious like some of the other slightly pompous reviews that we've read. It seems like something someone would have written on this board. Nothing wrong with that.

Cockatoo :doh:

Everything else sounds exceedingly excellent.

hahaha!

More Birds...... :applaud:

i cant do three more weeks....

You're telling me.

well, well, well. I've just returned from a very eventful listening party in the heart of Adelaide. I would say check out my official review online Wednesday but I would be in some major trouble. This is for real, having just completed my degree and getting a job straight out of uni I was delighted when I was given the opportunity to attend a very special listening session if no line on the horizon. After playing u2 every Tuesday at work (my day to playlist) my boss felt I would deserve this opportunity.

I can't give too much away except to say that this album is absolutely surprising to say the least. One thing I noticed the most is that what you think will be a straighforward rock song (magnificent) ends up in a completely different sonic place. That song in paticular reminded me of 'electron blue' by REM. Subtle electro flourishes carry the song on a luscious wave which is complemented by Bonos hushed vocal delivery, reminiscent of the first half of hawkmoon. Another striking aspect of the album is Bonos vocal delivery, he never sounds nasaly ala love and peace. His voice only cracks intentionally and I'm reminded of Joshua tree days when his voice was pitch perfect and effortless.

Lyrics, gosh, lyrics are exceptional. Phrases like only love can leave such a mark, such a bruise on the whim of fate' don't sound corny because they are surrounded by harrowing imagery. At one point in 'stand up comedy' Bono sings what sounds like 'my soul was chained in the main street of town, people would throw stones and spit on the crown' or something like that. All very self deprecating. Anyway, sorry for the rushed review, I'm on my iPhone at work. I'll let you know more when I'm home tonight. Apologies for any spelling errors.

I was going to bed.

Now I'm not.
:corn:

:drool:

and when are you done with work? :wink:

I hope they didn't get rid of the long guitar solo of Unknown Caller because the new reviews don't really point out anything about the solo anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom