Irish Independent NLOTH track by track preview / All Other Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from Rolling Stone

"Tripoli"
This strikingly experimental song lurches between disparate styles, including near-operatic choral music, Zooropa-style electronics, and churning arena rock.

from II
8 'Fez -- Being Born'

On first listen, easily the album's most adventurous and challenging track with ambient synthy hooks.

Could this be Tripoli? ^

I think its a pretty good bet that it is.

so do you think the larrystuff clip with that guitar riff is NLOTH or Stand Up Comedy? sort of sounds like a "crunchy" guitar riff, so maybe the former....but the RS seemed to imply that they had just come up with the alternate version of NLOTH so maybe not.

After reading a number of descriptions regarding the styles and sounds of those two songs, the riff seems too bluesy and 70's-esque to be NLOTH. My bet would be SUC.

HA!

SUC!!!!!

I hope it doesn't SUC :applaud:

sorry, but does anyone else think this is the suckiest preview they've ever read? not in terms of how the album sounded, but the writing. they could have given a little more information.

sorry, but does anyone else think this is the suckiest preview they've ever read? not in terms of how the album sounded, but the writing. they could have given a little more information.
:lol: Yeah, not the most descriptive preview ever written. But another preview means it's getting closer. It's finally just a month away.

28 days, guaranteed. unless Japan does get it on the 25th, which means we'll have it the 24th because they're so ahead over there. then it would be 26 days.

There is a gagging order in place, no one is allowed to say much.

I think the people listening to the previews have agreed not to spill the beans too much and their just getting one listen. Hard to write an in depth review/preview of songs on the fly.

The more I keep reading this really sounds like the U2 album everyone wanted. Experimental and rocking. Sounds like the band, especially Edge, have taken things to another level.

I think the people listening to the previews have agreed not to spill the beans too much and their just getting one listen. Hard to write an in depth review/preview of songs on the fly.

true. i suppose it would be hard for anyone on one listen.

it's this one that bugs me i guess:

1 'No Line on the Horizon'

The opening title track kicks off with a crunchy, distorted guitar riff from the Edge.

they could have said a little more here.

Well, at least now you know how it opens. :wink:

:lol: "Followed by drums, and a vocal by Bono"

:lol:

one thing i am gathering though from all of these "reviews" is that GOYB has a perfect placement in the album. it almost serves as a "line on the horizon", no pun intended. :wink:

Of course, of course, sorry about that. I have a sneaking suspicion we may even hear some bass from Adam as well...:ohmy:

Actually, I'm hoping some vocals by Adam this time.

Man, if only. That guy's voice is so cool, it's a crime that his only recent vocal contribution is on Your Blue Room:)drool:).

Yes.
His voice could fit some songs really well. Who knows? Maybe one day... but it has to be on the right song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom