IO This SERVER BLOWS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
try this

GasXChewableCherry18Tablets_enlarge.jpg

Doozer61 said:
psssst, hey joel!

i was on computer watch at 4:15 am this morning and guess what?

HIHW_blow.jpg

Thanks.

You actually dont need to tell me each time it happens, I've got monitoring software that reports EVERY error to me via email. Its SO fun to have that emails when I wake up.

For anyone that cares...
at the time I'm writing this...

U2.com Forum: 383 Currently Online
Interference.com Forum: 589 Currently Online

This sort of stat comparison is quite usual.

My point is this... U2.com is operating on about $5,000,000 or MORE of revenue just from memberships....

while Interference.com is working on about a $5000 (approximately) budget....

And yet...Interference.com tends to be carrying more weight than U2.com's own Official forum.

U2.com has a paid staff.

Interference.com has a volunteer fan staff.

Please keep these sorts of things in mind ;)

The mods here must have a real load of patience to do this job. I know I couldn't do it. I'm sure it's like a full time job and they do it voluntarily just for the folk here, all the staff here really should benefit from an Interference wage :)

on the server cluster idea that you had... is there any way to put the forums that tend to get bombarded with newbies and lurkers from time to time... i.e. the tour and new album sections... on a seperate server from the rest of the forum, so that we losers with no lifes who hang around here all the time can still frequent the place without having HAL tell us that interference is about to have a meltdown?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
on the server cluster idea that you had... is there any way to put the forums that tend to get bombarded with newbies and lurkers from time to time... i.e. the tour and new album sections... on a seperate server from the rest of the forum, so that we losers with no lifes who hang around here all the time can still frequent the place without having HAL tell us that interference is about to have a meltdown?

Nope.. doesnt work that way.

Lara Mullen said:
The mods here must have a real load of patience to do this job. I know I couldn't do it. I'm sure it's like a full time job and they do it voluntarily just for the folk here, all the staff here really should benefit from an Interference wage :)

:love:

Elvis said:
For anyone that cares...
at the time I'm writing this...

U2.com Forum: 383 Currently Online
Interference.com Forum: 589 Currently Online

This sort of stat comparison is quite usual.

My point is this... U2.com is operating on about $5,000,000 or MORE of revenue just from memberships....

while Interference.com is working on about a $5000 (approximately) budget....

And yet...Interference.com tends to be carrying more weight than U2.com's own Official forum.

U2.com has a paid staff.

Interference.com has a volunteer fan staff.

Please keep these sorts of things in mind ;)

All that money and U2.com still sucks. :madspit:
I'm happy to deal with some timeouts every now and then around here...big props, big holla to you lovelies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom