Interference World Cup thread #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, whilst on me hols, had to laugh at the behaviour of the jocko's, when Sweden equalised late on, you'd have thought the sweaty's themselves had just won the world cup, sad, sad people.

Zoomerang96 said:
nice to see france play up to their potential today.

good games by viera and and henry... it's almost as those two are GUNNING to play together again.

:sexywink:

:up:

I've heard that Viera will probably be put on sale very soon. Someone won't be able to afford him anymore.

jimmmm said:
Also, whilst on me hols, had to laugh at the behaviour of the jocko's, when Sweden equalised late on, you'd have thought the sweaty's themselves had just won the world cup, sad, sad people.

That's what I thought of the English when Gerrard scored the insanely undeserved 2-1 goal.

Zootlesque said:
U2Man, where the hell have you been? :heterosexualmanhug:

Hi Zootlesque.

I've been taking a break.

A wise Indian man once told me....

Familiarity breeds contempt

U2Man said:

That's what I thought of the English when Gerrard scored the insanely undeserved 2-1 goal.

At least we were supporting our own nation, still it must be really sad to live in a country where their own team is so SHIT they have to resort to supporting any other nation on the planet!
Bitter & twisted, surely not the sweaty socks.

Must be pretty sad to live in a country where every major tournament you proclaim loudly how you're going to win Three Lions on the shirt blah blah blah and then when you don't come up with all sorts of excuses.

2004: Campbell was fouled!
2002: Ronaldinho didn't mean it!
1998: Was Simeone's fault.
1996: Southgate's fault.
1994: Ummm....

But at least we qualify for the tournaments, is there a lot of sticking up for the saddo jocks going on here, or just plain England bashing.
The main reason I dislike the sweatys is for their intense hatred of England & The English people, my old man's a sweaty sock, & many years ago I always used to divide my loyalties, between the 2 nations, until I had the misfortune to land a lengthy contract in said savage land, the attitude of the jocks was absolutely shocking, the pure bile & hatred that poured forth from 99% of all the pathetic excuses of humans I had the misfortune to encounter lead me to terminate the contract with 2/3rds still to run, it was a pure pleasure to get away from the twisted pathetic wretches.
If you still don't believe how horrible & sad they are, did you read in the press this week, 2 incidents of violence against English fans in jockoland, the first saw a SEVEN year old boy assaulted by (& I use this term extremely loosely) a man in his late 20's, the second saw a disabled English fan assaulted in aberdeen by another, pissed up, bitter& twisted dirty skirt wearing brainless scottish twat, sorry to carry on a bit but I really get pissed off by that kind of behaviour, don't YOU!

U2Man said:

True. We stick to the rules and never use hands to score decisive goals.

Even without hand scoring, you have gotten really far in this one.

Rules suck and are overrated.

:wink:

:heterosexualmanhug:

jimmmm said:
If you still don't believe how horrible & sad they are, did you read in the press this week, 2 incidents of violence against English fans in jockoland, the first saw a SEVEN year old boy assaulted by (& I use this term extremely loosely) a man in his late 20's, the second saw a disabled English fan assaulted in aberdeen by another, pissed up, bitter& twisted dirty skirt wearing brainless scottish twat, sorry to carry on a bit but I really get pissed off by that kind of behaviour, don't YOU!
I

I agree with you. No excuses for that behavior.

However, please recognize that English fans are not necessarily the 'nicest' when they go to see football matches outside of England.

jimmmm said:
But at least we qualify for the tournaments, is there a lot of sticking up for the saddo jocks going on here, or just plain England bashing.
The main reason I dislike the sweatys is for their intense hatred of England & The English people, my old man's a sweaty sock, & many years ago I always used to divide my loyalties, between the 2 nations, until I had the misfortune to land a lengthy contract in said savage land, the attitude of the jocks was absolutely shocking, the pure bile & hatred that poured forth from 99% of all the pathetic excuses of humans I had the misfortune to encounter lead me to terminate the contract with 2/3rds still to run, it was a pure pleasure to get away from the twisted pathetic wretches.

I did. No excuses for those two incidents, but to use them to stereotype a nation is just about as bad in my opinion. And - dare I say it - borderline racist.

If only it were 2 incidents, & to insinuate I'm a racist stinks, Jesus, I grew up in a family of 7 kids Fathered by a scotsman, all of us born in England to an English woman, & throughout the years I've listened as my old mans banged on about how great scotland & the scots are, as do all jocks living in England, & also continue to tell us how much The English are this,that & the other, if we as a people are so bad, & the country is so bad why are there so many of them here, oh but then again I've forgotten the golden rule of racism, its most definitely a one way street, & woe betide any Englishman who stands up for his country, I'll be expecting & knock on the door from the PC brigade any minute now.

Here we go again, hands up everyone who's surprised ?

Police arrest 122 English fans after disturbances in Stuttgart

June 24, 2006

STUTTGART, Germany (AP) -- German police arrested 122 English fans who had been throwing bottles and glasses at passers-by from a pub terrace early Saturday.

Arriving officers also became targets of what they described as drunken fans in town for their team's World Cup second-round match against Ecuador on Sunday. Eventually the disturbance involved about 200 police, including British officers who helped calm their compatriots.

U2@NYC said:
I

I agree with you. No excuses for that behavior.

However, please recognize that English fans are not necessarily the 'nicest' when they go to see football matches outside of England.

A lot of English fans are an embarrassment to our country U2@NYC, & you'll never ever see me sticking up for those plonkers.

jimmmm said:
If only it were 2 incidents, & to insinuate I'm a racist stinks, Jesus, I grew up in a family of 7 kids Fathered by a scotsman, all of us born in England to an English woman, & throughout the years I've listened as my old mans banged on about how great scotland & the scots are, as do all jocks living in England, & also continue to tell us how much The English are this,that & the other, if we as a people are so bad, & the country is so bad why are there so many of them here, oh but then again I've forgotten the golden rule of racism, its most definitely a one way street, & woe betide any Englishman who stands up for his country, I'll be expecting & knock on the door from the PC brigade any minute now.

Well if you're not a racist, then stop calling people insulting names. It's not difficult. Right now I'm having trouble perceiving you as anything other than a flag-waving member of the National Front or some kind of Imperial revivalist bringing good old fashioned British civilization to the heathen worlds.

If thats your perception of me I really couldn't care less, & I'll never apologise for being proud to be English, & standing my corner against anybody who wishes to have a sly dig, & one more thing, one of my sisters is married to an Asian guy, a really smashing bloke, they have 4 children whom I love dearly, I don't care about race, creed, or colour, but as I previously stated, to people like you racism is A ONE WAY STREET.

jimmmm said:

It's no different than Americans listening to euros with superiority complexes about their nations, history, culture etc and yet a trip to Europe will reveal nations hungry for american products and American jobs, you can't throw a stick in any major European city without hitting an American franchise of some kind.

I've run into many fellow Europeans here including huge numbers of English here in California (I'm Italian by the way) and everyone gets along better here than they do in europe, and most of us have one thing in common, we're not going back unless it's to visit.

I'll gladly accept anyone, white, brown, black, yellow, as a neighbour, & welcome them into this country, but as I've said before, living in England there are quite a few people who come to this country with no intention to live in harmony with the natives, I've worked in many towns, & cities, north, south, east,& west, & have encountered very bad attitudes towards English people, don't get me wrong, I'm not painting all English people as purer than the driven snow, but you would expect us to be able to feel comfortable in our own country, or is that too much to ask?
I've visited Italy, Spain, Germany, France, & Belgium, & personally been made to feel very welcome,Italy & Spain in particular,but am I not allowed to dislike AN attitude of a great many people that proclaims nothing but hatred towards English people?

toscano said:

Police arrest 122 English fans after disturbances in Stuttgart

June 24, 2006

STUTTGART, Germany (AP) -- German police arrested 122 English fans who had been throwing bottles and glasses at passers-by from a pub terrace early Saturday.

Arriving officers also became targets of what they described as drunken fans in town for their team's World Cup second-round match against Ecuador on Sunday. Eventually the disturbance involved about 200 police, including British officers who helped calm their compatriots.

And a very ugly picture to go along with it, unfortunately:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/060624/483/vstu10406241257

Did anyone else notice

1) The ref didn't hand out the red card before the German players told him to. How pathetic.

2) He was laughing idiotically when he did. What an amateur.

This World Cup is full of idiot refs.

But we're not allowed to curse them in here :shh:

Guys I mmissed the 1st half , was sleeping , now I woke up and it's 2-0

Care to say the highlights except the goals

HOLY SHIT SWEEDEN LOST A PENALTY

Last edited:
Though I missed the 1st half , I say this , Sweeden lost it when lost the Penalty .

And what more , seems that U2man is sweeden , sorry for ya mate , if it's any comfort , 90% of people were rooting for Sweeden , so DID I , shame Ljiunberg wasnt for the penalty

U2Man said:
Did anyone else notice

1) The ref didn't hand out the red card before the German players told him to. How pathetic.

2) He was laughing idiotically when he did. What an amateur.

This World Cup is full of idiot refs.

But we're not allowed to curse them in here :shh:

I didn't notice 1) but :yes: on 2).

Agreed, bad referees in this WC.

Bad, bad defense from Sweden - and to top it all they missed the penalty kick.

FIFA is the worst sports governing body eva , the ref's are scapegoats i believe.

Germany are lookign strong but still without a challange. Sweden were poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom