Interference Random Music Talk Pt XVII-Lance's Mom Ed.-Jizz the Bang and the Splatter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, hey, I'm Scumbo. I play along with everyone's jokes about me, but in actuality am everything you say I am. I shoot guns, it's true. And, I buy records because I have money to spend things on. Oh, gooooooood for me. Watch out before I get all Uthan Justice™ on your ass.

:)

Other than Spoon, I'm not thrilled with what they've announced for this season of Austin City Limits.

October 2, 2010 Jimmy Cliff
October 9, 2010 Spoon
October 16, 2010 Patty Griffin & Friends
October 23, 2010 Alejandro Escovedo / Trombone Shorty
October 30, 2010 Robert Earl Keen / Hayes Carll
November 6, 2010 Steve Martin / Sarah Jarosz
November 13, 2010 Rosanne Cash / Brandi Carlile
November 20, 2010 John Legend & The Roots

Hold Me, Thrill Me and Ultraviolet is a badass little one-two punch, if I may say so.

I think that's the first time since the start of the Irish 360 degrees Glowing Crab Extravaganza that they've had four songs in the final encore.

Other than Spoon, I'm not thrilled with what they've announced for this season of Austin City Limits.

Precisely why I haven't tried to get to a taping yet. There are more artists scheduled to tape for this final season in the famous studio, though: Cheap Trick, Brandi Carlile, Monsters of Folk, Band of Horses, Sonic Youth, The National, and The Black Keys. The last two are the tapings I'm attempting to attend, one of which is quite obviously my priority.

Jimmy was awesome at Lolzorpalooza. I didn't know what to expect, but he ended up doing all the big songs off of The Harder They Come. #jimmycliff

And, I buy records because I have money to spend things on.

I laughed until this grammar error.

I mean really. To spend things on? I want to spend things on record. Perhaps pubes, like Cartman tried to do in that South Park episode where Scott Tennerman must die. Don't you go to college?

:wink:

:|

:wink:

Oh shit, I didn't notice that other one was dropped as well.

LOL they dropped TWO songs to make room for one, even after these rehearsed songs?

The band is becoming a fucking joke.

i can't even get pissed off with this setlist anymore. either laugh or cry, and i'm going to roll with laugh.

hold me, thrill me etc and ultraviolet are fantastic though, but for a second night setlist this isn't encouraging me to leave the country to go and see anything. looks like it'll be whatever shows they play in new zealand and that's it.

hard to believe this is the same band i was so immensely proud of less than 12 months ago.

Jimmy Cliff is a legend. Doesn't mean you have to like him, of course, but that's a big, historic name. Only one person gets to "break" reggae, and that person was Jimmy Cliff. Can't really deny Sonic Youth, either.

Motherfucker was smoking while laying this shit down. That's bad-ass.

YouTube - "The Harder They Come" Jimmy Cliff

I have one of the many thousand OG pressings of that LP which are still floating around for dirt cheap, too. Might have to put that shit on. Best soundtrack ever, man.

Here's hoping this new Ray LaMontagne album doesn't suck as much as the last one.

I was gone this weekend, so please allow me to catch up.
Agreed.
I also prefer Rounds, but like both.
It will also be on my year end list.
Agreed.
That's great news.
True.
Agreed.
Nice.
I really liked their last album. Heard one of the new tracks on the radio, hated everything about it. :(
Welcome to January 2009.
Friggin' Cobbler.
fuckin' Scumbo.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't the one who named it "Swing". Maybe it's LM's fault.

Anyway, the Shuttlecock giveth, and the Shuttlecock taketh away:

Serve Me Slam Me... AND Ultraracquet were played during the encore today, but they dropped Until the End of the Match to make room.

God forbid they do without one of the ATYCLC songs instead. :sigh:

saw this today... i hate being (and seeing negativity) but i almost have to side with peef there, about being horrible judges of their material. to drop two of their very best songs in UTEOTW and TUF (surely you'll allow these acronyms) instead of Elevation and IALW, that's very disheartening.

happy to see the Ultraviolet/Hold Me... double however.

i'm also stoked to see Pride is back in their thinking... i know everyone groans when it gets played, but i will be hoping it does if/when they come here. it goes off like a frog in a sock live.

so cori is a pleban now...

edit - just before i go off to Maccas to eat my final meal for the next six weeks, where it's consuming through a straw, as i'm having jaw surgery, i discovered something amazing(!)

that the line in Eminem's Lose Yourself is "he's got vomit on his sweater already / Mum's spaghetti / he's nervous".

we always used to joke around that that was the actual line, singing it with smirks on our faces knowing it was "mum's forgetting he's nervous".

incredible.

that the line in Eminem's Lose Yourself is "he's got vomit on his sweater already / Mum's spaghetti / he's nervous".

we always used to joke around that that was the actual line, singing it with smirks on our faces knowing it was "mum's forgetting he's nervous".

incredible.

Friggin' Cobbler.

The song's nearly an exact mirror of the plot line in 8 Mile, so that part's the bit when he's puking before taking the stage.

Anybody else listened to this Teen Daze EP, Four More Years? I've been digging on it a lot this week.

This may come as a shock, but I like to interact with different people all over the site. Sometimes I make new friends and have fun! :panic:

I think we've lost her, folks. She's one of them now.

NIGHT OF THE LIVING PHABH:

launch-dropoutdjs-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom