Interference Random Movie Talk & Robin: The Thrilling Fourth Installment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not wholly unreasonable to suggest that Wilder is the best comedic actor since Keaten and Chaplin. :love:

Ridley Scott Confirms 'Brave New World' - Cinematical

Interesting. Can't say I've been really enthusiastic about anything Scott's done in a looooong time, aside from a good flick here and there. Maybe this will be a return to form. One can dream anyway. Seems like the kind of material that will really challenge his artistic muscle once more.

Hell, he hasn't done a full on science fiction film since Blade Runner... I hope he rocks the house with it.

Speaking of spy thrillers, are there any other good Tom Clancy novels to adapt to film? Rainbow 6?

Speaking of spy thrillers, are there any other good Tom Clancy novels to adapt to film? Rainbow 6?

Rainbow 6 was the first book of his I ever read, and I kept hoping they'd make a movie out of it, but I get this feeling that the video games have kind of killed that. Meaning, even if they made a movie, now it would probably suck because it'd be a video game movie.

But nothing could suck as much as the film adaption of Sum Of All Fears :yuck:

The Russians need a comeback as the default villains. I'm already tired of these complex socio-political dramas and just want to see Patrick Swayze and Ponyboy railing Russkies with bullets in the Rocky Mountains. Is that too much? Is it too much to dream?

The Russians need a comeback as the default villains. I'm already tired of these complex socio-political dramas and just want to see Patrick Swayze and Ponyboy railing Russkies with bullets in the Rocky Mountains. Is that too much? Is it too much to dream?

Cardinal of the Kremlin, Motherfucker. Clarke shows up for the first time....this was when Clancy was at least enjoyable, if not.....a wordsmith.

Fucking Willem Dafoe. He and "HOW DARE YOU, SIR" make Clear and Present Danger enjoyable.

I enjoy Red October, Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger......and, yes, Lance, the Cold War rocked for film and literature...LeCarre's work alone is a treasure trove.

Red October and Patriot Games are the shit. Hell, as much as I love Harrison Ford in PG, how awesome would it have been to see Alec Baldwin rock a leading role like that? It would be the first time since about never.

This Georgia thing may be a window for that to happen. Which reminds me, did you see the cracked article on the 5 80s remakes that must be stopped? The horror.

Cardinal of the Kremlin, Motherfucker. Clarke shows up for the first time....this was when Clancy was at least enjoyable, if not.....a wordsmith.

Is it? I love Clancy books but I have not read anywhere near as many of them as I'd like. John Clark (e?) is a kick-ass character though.

I hated Sum Of All Fears so very much btw. Especially loved when Jack Ryan met John Clark for the first time in it....again.

Is it? I love Clancy books but I have not read anywhere near as many of them as I'd like. John Clark (e?) is a kick-ass character though.

I hated Sum Of All Fears so very much btw. Especially loved when Jack Ryan met John Clark for the first time in it....again.

I liked all of his books prior to Sum of All Fears, to varying degrees. I liked Clarke a lot.

I liked all of his books prior to Sum of All Fears, to varying degrees. I liked Clarke a lot.

I think honestly I've only read Rainbow 6, Clear and Present Danger, and Patriot Games. There's another that I only got half through, but the title eludes me. I really don't know why I stopped with those three, especially lame since I'd already seen the films for the second two :doh:. Someday when I read all the books I plan on reading, the rest will be read. I know the basic stories of all the other books though because my Step Dad adores Clancy and used to tell me about each book while he was either reading a new one or rereading an old one meem--oooo-riiiies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom