Interesting U2 by U2/U2:18 cover tidbit (aka the pandora's box thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the conclusion we ultimately came to was that it was someone VERY close to the band.. that had access to all of the inside information. Not sure though. :huh:

09-09-2004 08:45 PM Dalkey Beach

I devulged that the U2 BY U2 book has the look of Rattle and Hum.....Black,White and Orange....not the LP cover....

I also thank the user who send me the fake MP3 and awful bootlegs for me to listen too......awful...not even finished

When I get back this afternoon from meetings..I may have more for you....

"db u2" is what the name was changed to. why?

now i need to go back and read all of this dude's posts, esp. since it was all a few months before my time..

the mythology of interference is nerdfully exciting sometimes...:wink:

Hmm

09-10-2004 03:37 PM - Originally posted by U2dork:
Um... if you go to u2log and look at the picture of Neil McCormic that was up a couple of days ago, U2 by U2 is on the shelf in the upper left hand corner and has a dark cover with white and orange lettering...

Shh

I just dont think we'll ever know.

maybe we should get the Hardly Boys on the case!

i've got a raging clue

Sicy said:

Curious that there has been a recent re-emergence of at least one other mysterious person mentioned in that thread....:hmm:

What could wake one from hibernation? :wink:

If they at least could explain thw whole Milan thing

- No we won't release a FUll dvd of it
- We will give you 40% of it

All the whys ...... and how's ........

Who could solve them :hmm:

I thought it had been deduced that "Fake Edge" was not Edge, but a U2 "insider" (probably someone who worked with their label, or with Solo Too) who had access to certain info... no?

Sicy said:
Hmm

Shh

I just dont think we'll ever know.

Here's the Neil photo to which he referred:

http://u2log.com/archive/002889.shtml

Click on the picture to make it bigger. You'll see 3-4 book jackets in the upper left bookshelf that say "U2 by U2."

I'll add that the posting of that picture was used to say that Dalkey must've seen this picture and known what color the book cover was....he didn't really have it "sitting next to him." However, you'd have to have a heck of a lot of time and desire to have noticed that the book jackets were even on that shelf....I don't think I would've spent any time looking to see what books Neil McCormick had on his bookshelf. :shrug: Then again, U2dork did notice it, too! :lol:

Last edited:
Dalkey Beach, 'The Edge', and a few other names used by the same person ARE/WERE _NOT_ the real deal.

This person, believed to be a teenage female with far toooo much time on her hands apparently was very observant and used little known facts, as well as some well known, to convince people that they were who they alluded to be. I did find (at the time) personal information including name, address, phone number, etc of the parents of this individual. This same person has also been a regular member of other U2 sites, including u2.com -- which they've been banned from under atleast 2 different names.

This ship sailed, and it sank.

'nuff said.

Hey Elvis... i saw your doughter yestarday at MAC store in metrotown in vancouver! Yep it was lisa m. presly was doing some charity in the mall! kina cool!

Anyways back to the topic what were we talking about?

Elvis said:
Dalkey Beach, 'The Edge', and a few other names used by the same person ARE/WERE _NOT_ the real deal.

This person, believed to be a teenage female with far toooo much time on her hands apparently was very observant and used little known facts, as well as some well known, to convince people that they were who they alluded to be. I did find (at the time) personal information including name, address, phone number, etc of the parents of this individual. This same person has also been a regular member of other U2 sites, including u2.com -- which they've been banned from under atleast 2 different names.

This ship sailed, and it sank.

'nuff said.

:ohmy:....I remember all that...:tsk:

I do however, really enjoy The Slow Loris....that's entertainment.

At the time the thread Sicy linked us to, had suspicions of Dalkey Beach already rose or what? There seemed to be a lot of focus on this.

He did nail Electric Co. and Gloria being played... now this... :hmm:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom