Inside Broadcast III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i never said being drunk was an excuse.

in fact, i never even used the word drunk.

her being a friend of yours SHOULD matter.

that's what's so wrong with this place. the loyalty is random.

mocking someone? i have no idea what you're talking about.

and just to clarify, at this point, her banning no longer has to do with the offense, but whether or not she grovels, explains, and apologizes?

is that in the FAQ?

WildHoneyAlways said:

In my world being called a whore isn't the worst thing but I guess I can see why some people don't like it.

There are many, many, many, many things done in poor taste on this board and I think using the word "whore" is close to the bottom of that list. But hey, to each his/her own. :shrug:

I think if someone with authority (like a mod) called you a "whore" when you are the topic of conversation (for just being banned)...it might take on a different meaning.

It is almost like police brutality. :) You've just been arrested and hand-cuffed, and you say something like "no apologies here" and then a cop starts beating you. Some people would take the beating, some people might call that cop an expletive. And then the cop gets off with just a public apology.

:happy:

zoney! said:

I think if someone with authority (like a mod) called you a "whore" when you are the topic of conversation (for just being banned)...it might take on a different meaning.

I suppose. But I'm called way worse things daily at work so I guess I just have a thick skin. :wink:

soul waits and I are agreeing here!

WildHoneyAlways said:

I suppose. But I'm called way worse things daily at work so I guess I just have a thick skin. :wink:

True. But in your position, you are like a cop. ;) You would not call the student a whore after he/she calls you whatever - that would reflect badly on you in your position of "authority."

Khan should not have posted that smilie. We have discussed this with her in the mod forum, and she's apologized here. I trust that it wont happen again. Can we please move on because this thread is way off topic now.

bonosgirl84 said:
i never said being drunk was an excuse.

in fact, i never even used the word drunk.

her being a friend of yours SHOULD matter.

that's what's so wrong with this place. the loyalty is random.

mocking someone? i have no idea what you're talking about.

No one should get away with crap because he or she is friends with a mod or an admin. NO ONE. And a good mod, a good admin, doesn't allow friendship to get in the way of his or job here.

Sicy, I'm proud that you did what you needed to do even though you are catching hell for it from some. Your friend never should have put you in that position in the first place. But you handled it in a way which caused very little disruption for the vast majority of the board, and I thank you. That's your job here and you do it well.

(sorry for the off topic post, but I had to respond to that bull. I'll go back to just celebrate bannings now. :) )

indra said:

No one should get away with crap because he or she is friends with a mod or an admin. NO ONE. And a good mod, a good admin, doesn't allow friendship to get in the way of his or job here.

Sicy, I'm proud that you did what you needed to do even though you are catching hell for it from some. Your friend never should have put you in that position in the first place. But you handled it in a way which caused very little disruption for the vast majority of the board, and I thank you. That's your job here and you do it well.

(sorry for the off topic post, but I had to respond to that bull. I'll go back to just celebrate bannings now. :) )

hi, indra.

sicy and mk and i have already worked this out in private.

you see, some of us have an actual real history behind these blue screens. sometimes we disagree. sometimes sicy is put in positions that i'm sure really must suck for her, because i know that it must be pretty shitty to have to mod and control a place where you also know, and genuinely like, some of the posters on a "real life" personal basis.

this situation was tough. i can disagree with an action taken and still respect, and even care about, the person who took action. it isn't an impossible thing to do. it takes a bit of willpower, and a lot of maturity, but it can be done.

i'd also like to add that we ALL handled it in a way that caused very little disruption. this has been going on for days and neither mk, nor i, wanted to post about it. in fact, mk went as far as to ask a couple of people she's close to not mention it on the boards even though they were very much aware of it.

the very second sicy ask that this be moved to private, i complied. why you're drudging it back up, indra, and why you feel the need to call something that has nothing to do with you "bull", i have no idea.

i'd also like to clarify that neither one of us ever had issue with the initial banning itself. i completely get that sicy had no choice in that. for all she knew, mk was going to go for a thousand entries. for me, it was what went on afterwards that i disagreed with and have been referring to throughout my posts.

for the record, mk's ban has been lifted.

however, we both feel that a little break is in order because quite frankly, neither one of us prefers the drama of being in the spotlight, so to speak.

sicy, again, i personally thank you.

i know you and i can be like two bulls when it comes to butting heads and i know i can be a real pain in your ass sometimes.

i don't mean to be.

much love, guys.

peace.

Last edited:
bonosgirl84 said:

the very second sicy ask that this be moved to private, i complied. why you're drudging it back up, indra, .......i have no idea.

To be fair, Sicy's post asking the conversation to be private was a mere 3 and a half hours before indra's post. It's not like indra dug up a post from two months ago, nor that indra really should've known that things had been settled in those mere few hours. Hell, I'm reading all this for the very first time today & would think that everything is still ongoing. :shrug:

I love the internet! :happy:

Aaaaaaaaaaanywaaaaaaaaay.............

can we have an "I confess I love ZC's IB thread" thread? :wink:

Ok well I think its time to retire this thread for now.

A new thread may be started but this discussion cannot continue in the new thread.

The thread's topic should stick to this guideline:

I confess I love to see when Inside Broadcast is updated and who was banned in the process.

Do you agree?

Don't post about WHO was banned though. This is just a discussion of being giddy over Inside Broadcast and the mods laying the smackdown. :wink: :heart:

I FULLY understand its not always easy to refrain from discussing details, but doing so just leads to uncessesary
sign_drama.gif

Members with questions about bannings are more than welcome to email me in private for further discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom