In the pit or front row outside of it? What's the verdict?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallucination

Refugee
So after the European leg I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on being inside the pit as compared to front row on the outside. I've got two shows coming up in Toronto and New York so I'd like some input so I can decide my game plan.

Obviously being inside the pit has that high status factor :lol: I mean you're inside the stage design so it's just cooler. BUT that front row on the outside looks pretty sweet. Never an obstructed view, you get to lean on the railing if you want to. Anyways I'd like t o hear some thoughts on this. :up:

View is better from the front rail, outside the circle, from what I hear. I saw 'em from the inner circle in Wales last month, and there's a lot to be said for being able to come and go as you please, once you're wrist-banded... so nice to be able to buy T-shirts, get food, go the toilets, etc. while you're waiting for U2 to come on.

IMO inner circle was the best atmosphere. I'd go for outer rail pit. :)

Absolutely if I go for the inside it'll be on the outer rail. That's what I ahd for Vertigo tour and it was incredible. I always wondered what it was like though in front row outside.

LyricalDrug said:
View is better from the front rail, outside the circle, from what I hear. I saw 'em from the inner circle in Wales last month, and there's a lot to be said for being able to come and go as you please, once you're wrist-banded... so nice to be able to buy T-shirts, get food, go the toilets, etc. while you're waiting for U2 to come on.

That's what I figured. the view looks like it would be better from the outside but you're right. Definately something to be said for being able to come and go as you please.

This means the back rail (i.e. furthest away from the band, next to the catwalk) of the pit, rather than the front or middle of the pit.

I personally preferred inside the pit to outside, and it is probably easier to get near the back rail pit than front rail outside.

Front rail outside is the place to be if you want to get close. Great view of the stage with less obstruction by the bridges.

Best spot in the venue is the soundboard, though.

inside the pit is buzzing!

depends what you like really... if you want a great view, then aim for front row outside, or if you want high energy and intensity and don't mind getting squished, go for the pit!
i was front row inside the pit and it was fantastic! being a shorty i could only see Bono and Adam and the top of Larry's head and caught sight of Edge once when he whizzed over the bridge next to me, but it was still a perfect gig and i was just drowning in bliss in the whole atmosphere haha

don't worry about it too much though, because if you don't get the exact spot you want you don't wanna let that spoil your show... i didn't know where i was heading, and it was pure luck of the draw (and speedy trainers) that got me my spot on the day and it was just a wonderful surprise...

Outside Rail

I've been searching the web for feedback on where the best spot is on this tour. For Vertigo and Elevation it was G/A and you just went center court middle and that put you in fron of soundboard and about 20 yards from Bono most of the night.
It sounds like the outter rail is a good call. How do you get there? Is that just a G/A ticket? Won't it be 20 deep by showtime?

p1000786.jpg

where am I going someone tell me, my first GA! :hmm:

It was my first GA in Amsterdam aswell and I was standing at the letter O from your "Outer Rail" pic. Great view and so close to the band during crazy tonight etc.
At first though, I was on the front row between bono and clayton but my friends didn't make it in the pit so I chose to bash my way out of there. Got 2nd row on the outer circle still which had a great atmosphere aswell and we could see all the visuals.
All in all, I don't think I would've wanted to miss seeing the screen because I don't think you can really see it from inside the pit without breaking your neck am I right>?

I do wish though that edge would use the circle more, he came by just one time while running on crazy tonight :D

We were front row in the inner circle, Adam's side both nights at Wembley. Atmosphere and proximity were second to none - the only downside is you miss the video element of the show.

Also worth bearing in mind that the stage proper is taller than the outer walkway. i.e. the stage was taller than me - I'm 5'10 - whereas the outer walkway was considerably lower. If you go for the outer rail then you will get to see the band even closer albeit less often. You will also be able to enjoy the video/lighting somewhat better.

Perfect mix is to have one night up close and one night in the cheaps seats where you can really enjoy the visuals.

inner pit every time... we got a brilliant spot 2 nights in Dublin on Adam's side right next to the catwalk

if you're in the inner pit look out for fluorescent green tap on the barrier- that's where the bridges will stop at various points of the show- it's better to be the other side of the tape

that picture from Dublin brings back some great memories of the summer

I was in the pit at Amsterdam 1; great atmoshpere, jumping, etc
Amsterdam 2 I was a few metres in front of the sound booth; great overview of the show
At London 1 I was row 1 centre stage outside the catwalk..

Best spot for me was London 1; being close enough to see the band play, but also enjoying the show......... ......my verdict; centre stage at the catwalk, outer ring..

inner pit every time... we got a brilliant spot 2 nights in Dublin on Adam's side right next to the catwalk

if you're in the inner pit look out for fluorescent green tap on the barrier- that's where the bridges will stop at various points of the show- it's better to be the other side of the tape

that picture from Dublin brings back some great memories of the summer

Wicked! Thanks for that info. That's one thing I was worried about when inside the pit. Getting stuck underneath the bridge.

I thin I'm gonna try for outside front row in TO and then inside the pit for New York. I got some kickass actual seats for Vancouver so....

We were front row in the inner circle, Adam's side both nights at Wembley. Atmosphere and proximity were second to none - the only downside is you miss the video element of the show.

Also worth bearing in mind that the stage proper is taller than the outer walkway. i.e. the stage was taller than me - I'm 5'10 - whereas the outer walkway was considerably lower. If you go for the outer rail then you will get to see the band even closer albeit less often. You will also be able to enjoy the video/lighting somewhat better.

Perfect mix is to have one night up close and one night in the cheaps seats where you can really enjoy the visuals.

Wow, what time did you queue up to get that spot?

Some pit front rowers complained of neck-ache with the stage being so high. But it didn't bother me...that's where all the energy is.

I was 2nd row directly in front of Bono for Dublin 3 and it didn't bother my neck at all

I was outer rail twice, directly at the catwalk, in the middle, and view and atmosphere were really great, plus you could see the entire screen and most of the stage. For the rest of the shows, except Milan 2, where we had seats, I was in the inner circle, middle front in Zagreb I, and it was great, too, no aching neck, but as for atmosphere, I was lucky with the outer rail as well, so I wouldn't say inner circle was better or worse. Only in Berlin it was a bit stressful because it was so packed, people were aggressive, you couldn't move, and in the end, at least where we were standing (Edge's side) the atmosphere wasn't all that great. It always depends what kind of people you're surrounded with.

I did enoy my two shows in Wembley. Managed to get into the circle, and then at the rail right at the catwalk - first night more to Adams side, second night almost center, slightly to the edge side. Its actually cool if the Edge walks over you.... and they ended up right in front of us every now and then, you had most of the light show and were close. GReat spot. However, I don't think there is a bad spot in the entire stadium....

Enoy, I am jealous that you will see the show. Wish I was there, again!

I've been contemplating which spot to choose, given the choice and I think I'll opt for anywhere along the rail in the inner pit as it'll be much easier to go to the washroom (I'm assuming) between the opening act and U2.

Im thinking inner circle but not centre more to the side it will be less crushed and easier to move and dance about a bit.
what position u thinking of Ladywithspinning head

Back
Top Bottom