I'm surprised Edge's vocals are still bittersweet...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you mean, 'bittersweet'? I've never heard this term applied to someone's singing voice before.

*sigh* Why are people constantly making digs at Bono's voice? IMO, he hasn't sounded this good since Zoo TV.

[/semi off-topic mini-rant]

Bono does sound great these days. But man we're slagging him an awful lot about Popmart. His voice did have its bad moments during that tour, but he had his great moments too. But in terms of CONSISTENT vocal delivery, you are right - this is the best he's been in a decade.

-Miggy

hmph... not gonna get into the bono talk because i'll get flamed - i must be the only person who doesn't think he sounds great at all
well, me and jick :wink:

but onto the topic - Edge

the second poster got it right - theres no way Edge's voice has taken the strain the Bono's has over the past few decades. plus i could be wrong but i dont think edge smokes (am i wrong?) and you probably find he doesnt talk as much as Bono either :D

Last edited:
You're really going to compare the two's voices?:huh: One's a lead singer of a band that's lasted over 25 years and the other is the guitar player who's sang only a small percentage of Bono.

Let's try and compare apples to apples next time.

Obviously. The Edge sings through his guitar. His voice is not required.

Not that it's a bad voice, but damn he makes his guitar a living organism.

RESPECT EDGE RESPECT.

Word.

Bono's voice hasn't been the same since ZooTV. Edge doesn't sing as strong as Bono (think All I Want Is You on Popmart Mexico). Therefore, Edge's voice hasn't endured as much and is more pristine.

theet the moth said:
Bono's voice hasn't been the same since ZooTV.

Actually his voice has changed with every tour. Partly due to age and partly due to becoming a better skilled singer. Every tour has had it's moments. Bono's voice is much better last show than it was opening night.

The human body is an inconsistent thing.

Habib said:
Obviously. The Edge sings through his guitar. His voice is not required.

Not that it's a bad voice, but damn he makes his guitar a living organism.

RESPECT EDGE RESPECT.

Word.

oh my goodness yes.
Edge's voice is great, but he doesn't need to be compared to bono's singing since his guitar does all the singing for him.

as for bono, with each album his voice has changed, as a result of all that he's endured throughout the ongoing years.

i think it's a fantastic thing that bono's voice has changed. you can tell how much his voice has matured. like what BonoVoxSupastar said, the human body is an inconsistent thing

Back
Top Bottom