I'm loving Vertigo more and more.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I really liked this song at first, but I'm liking it even more and more lately. It's quickly becoming a classic for me. I was kind of let down by Electrical Storm, which was the first single I awaited. I'm not desappointed by Vertigo though! At first it was so catchy I was afraid I'd just grow tired of it, but I'm really not. Awesome awesome awesome. Very easy to listen to.

I have a very good feeling about the upcoming album folks!!!

I agree, like Shart said, I haven't really awaited a u2 single with so much anticipation (the internet, coming onto this forum, etc.) and I have to say I thought I would get sick of it quickly after hearing it, I loved it but I listened to it so much! But I like it probably more than the first week of getting it. After the CD:Uk performance, it got me more addicted.

I was kind of afraid that the rush I got when first hearing Vertigo a month ago was more due to the excitement of hearing new U2 for the first time in forever than the song itself, but I still love it! I couldn't get the song out of my head all day at work after seeing the video on VH1 this morning.

i still think Electrical Storm was one of their best songs since the AB era, that being said I think Vertigo will hold up well as long as the rest of the album is even better

I love Electrical Storm...

I feel the same way about Vertigo since I first heard it -- I give it an 8 out of 10. One thing that doesn't bother me anymore -- its length -- I think it's perfect now. It is just as fun now as it was when it first came out.

My wife wanted it on her MP3 player today -- and she's not a U2 fan.

ES is a beautiful tune...the ORIGINAL VERSION!!! I never got into the ORbit mix as much, it was still good, I just want to hear that guitarist that they have, whats his name....the edge? Ya, he was brilliant on the original edit and then they took out mostly all of his guitar work for dreamy, Madonna sounding beats. Damn Orbit the butcher. Anyway, VERTIGO rocks, perfect length, especially with this so called "salute to punk".

Last edited:
I heard it coming into work today and it's really grown on me from first hearing it, and now I'm really into it. Hell VH2 had the Vertigo video on every three video's this morning from 6 - 9am!

VERTIGO was exactly the kind of first single i was expecting in January, when I started following the new album.

It's a grower, just like Discotheque.

I cannot stop listening to the final chorus. It's so Gloria-like....

I thought it was too short at first, BrownEyedBoy. But now I think it's the perfect length.

Electrical Storm was indeed a letdown. Vertigo is a much better single. I fell asleep listening to Electrical Storm while waiting for the electric guitars to come it (ironic huh?).

Cheers,

J

Vertigo put U2 in a place they haven't been in a decade.
It's tons o' fun!

ES is one of the worst song they ever made.

(one man's opinion...)

Yeah, I thought Electrical Storm was a letdown. I think it is a good song, but not single material. Almost every song off of JT and AB is better.

Vertigo is probably their most successful first single since Desire in terms of creating interest in the album, at least in the US. The Fly was only successful at rock radio and peaked at #61 overall. Numb was barely out before the album and never took off, though rock radio liked it again. Discotheque came out strong but turned many off and plummeted. Beautiful Day was huge but did not really take off until after the album was out. First week sales should be huge for the album, with a lot due to Vertigo.

Nah... Vertigo reminds me too much of Full Metal Jacket. You know, the first single from Solar. Now that was a first single!

I have to make a mea culpa: i said Vertigo was weak the first times i heard.

Now i think it's excellent. The whole song is pure addiction!

Great guitars (with great harmonics Boy-style) and vocals.

Issa!!!

Definetely a grower.

But i love ES. I think it's really great to listen on the walkman while walking on the sand of some desert beach at 5:00 pm when the sun is going down...

djerdap said:
Nah... Vertigo reminds me too much of Full Metal Jacket. You know, the first single from Solar. Now that was a first single!

how can anyone mention Solar after they released Winter? Now Winter was a mammoth album, with a mammoth of a first single - "Native Son".

FMJ is geese droppings compared to Native Son.

I love "Electrical Storm"...it's a lovely song that stirs up a lot of emotions. "Vertigo" is fun and rocking. They are both U2 songs, but are very different. Apples and oranges...both fruits, but are very different.

Bonochick said:
I love "Electrical Storm"...it's a lovely song that stirs up a lot of emotions. "Vertigo" is fun and rocking. They are both U2 songs, but are very different. Apples and oranges...both fruits, but are very different.

:yes:

I love ES. It didn't make me dance around the room the first time I heard it like Vertigo did, but only because it's not that kind of song.

bcrt2000 said:
i still think Electrical Storm was one of their best songs since the AB era, that being said I think Vertigo will hold up well as long as the rest of the album is even better

I am with you 100%, though at first I was shocked by the new riff, but I have repented of my evils and am a Vertigo-ite too.

RobVox

I thought ES was okay. I liked it but I didn't think it was one of their best. I haven't heard it in a long time though so now I must give it another listen.

My initial reaction to Vertigo was that it was a bit odd, but I liked it. The more I listen to it the more I love it!

I was let down by ES just because it was the first single I highly anticipated, but I still think it's pretty good!

Oh and Stuck in a Moment is one of my favorite songs.

I thought ES was okay. THTBA was awful. It is "October" with diferent lyrics. Not that October is bad, I just thought they could have done better. Bono's opera singing during the "solo" doesn't seem to fit though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom