If you could be in the studio...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theFly51

New Yorker
from any time period, what song would you have wanna seen being made?

For me, I would have loved to been there to seen the transformation of Take You Down into The Fly/Ultraviolet/LWTSH during the Achtung Baby sessions.

It has to be Bad for me during the UF sessions as its my all time favourite track.

The band have never really spoken much about its creation, other than it began as an improvisation by Edge and they worked it up from there. I would have loved to have seen all the peices coming together and the process of how it reached its final form.

I've always wished that the Unforgettable Fire documentary on the Slane DVD had focused on more of the songs, instead of just Pride which we hear time and time again, I would loved to have seen some snatches of Wire, ASOH, TUF and of course Bad...oh well.

I'd like to have seen them make POP.
In fact, probably the whole of the 90's and them coming up with the sounds compared to the 80's.

It has to be Bad for me during the UF sessions as its my all time favourite track.

The band have never really spoken much about its creation, other than it began as an improvisation by Edge and they worked it up from there. I would have loved to have seen all the peices coming together and the process of how it reached its final form.

I've always wished that the Unforgettable Fire documentary on the Slane DVD had focused on more of the songs, instead of just Pride which we hear time and time again, I would loved to have seen some snatches of Wire, ASOH, TUF and of course Bad...oh well.

hey DS, on the Off the Record interview with Dave Stewart from 2006 one of the songs mentioned is Bad and Bono/Edge go into some detail...it's on youtube if you're interested :)

Bad, see Bono creating different kinds of Wide Awake :drool:

:lol:

I wonder how the group reacts when something magical is created...like when Edge figures out something brilliant or Bono does something that fits perfectly or something like that....

do they all go nuts and start talking and yelling or soemthing...or are they always just a stoic group of guys in the studio....the recent Adam clips tell me yes...but who knows....

hey DS, on the Off the Record interview with Dave Stewart from 2006 one of the songs mentioned is Bad and Bono/Edge go into some detail...it's on youtube if you're interested :)

:wave: Cheers mate, I'm going off to find that right now, I'm a complete Bad fanatic :drool:

hey DS, you might have trouble finding it if you haven't seen the interview before...

the part you want to see is this:

YouTube - U2 Off the Record-Part 4

and then that transitions into part 5:

YouTube - U2 on Off The Record part 5

they talk all about Bad from the latter half of part 4 and int he beginning of part 5...it's quite interesting...I suggest you watch the entire interview (all 6 parts), it's all on youtube. They do this thing with the audience where people call out song titles and they discuss how that song came about...and Edge/Bono really go into detail on Bullet and it's all very cool...they discuss Acrobat, Bad, BTBS, One, and maybe some other ones....I can't remember.

anyway, I hope you look here first for the Bad part...it's sort of hard to find. :)

2 many 2 mention, but pretty much the 90's, however it would've been amazing 2 b there when he nailed that take of "Kite..."

hey DS, you might have trouble finding it if you haven't seen the interview before...

the part you want to see is this:

YouTube - U2 Off the Record-Part 4

and then that transitions into part 5:

YouTube - U2 on Off The Record part 5

they talk all about Bad from the latter half of part 4 and int he beginning of part 5...it's quite interesting...I suggest you watch the entire interview (all 6 parts), it's all on youtube. They do this thing with the audience where people call out song titles and they discuss how that song came about...and Edge/Bono really go into detail on Bullet and it's all very cool...they discuss Acrobat, Bad, BTBS, One, and maybe some other ones....I can't remember.

anyway, I hope you look here first for the Bad part...it's sort of hard to find. :)

Hey Rob, thanks for the links, great to get directly to the part I'm interested in. :)

Really please somebody shouted Bad out, often in these kind of audience participation things you get people calling for the more well known songs like Streets or One or SBS, Bad sometimes gets forgotten about.

Really great to see Bono actually talking enthusiastically about the song. :up:

I wouldn't want to be around to see a whole creative process, so much, but rather a really awesome take of Bono singing in the studio. Something like the closing lyrics of the studio versions of 'Miracle Drug' or 'Gone' or 'Stay' or 'Acrobat' or even 'Ground Beneath Her Feet' - I can imagine him standing at the mic in some crazy stance, nailing the most passionate parts.

from any time period, what song would you have wanna seen being made?

For me, I would have loved to been there to seen the transformation of Take You Down into The Fly/Ultraviolet/LWTSH during the Achtung Baby sessions.

I just listened to it for the first time tonight on youtube after reading your comment and i was just blown away.

I dontwant to turn this into a request thread but i dont suppose anyone could hook me up with the mp3 of Take You Down ? bonovox1119@hotmail.com

whatever the last song on POP that was recorded, just to see how they were rushing around to finish it.

:hyper:I would have like to be present at both AB and Elevation, as it seems that the band had 'something to prove' as the saying goes around here!! A new direction envoled in both! :doh:Larry..locked in a closet?!!! Hmm...only if I could be in there,too!:D:drool::heart::sexywink:

whatever the last song on POP that was recorded, just to see how they were rushing around to finish it.

Wasn't it "Last Night on Earth"??
I think Bono said in an interview they were rushing around like it was the last night on earth to get the album to the press the same day.

Wasn't it "Last Night on Earth"??
I think Bono said in an interview they were rushing around like it was the last night on earth to get the album to the press the same day.

wasnt sure if it were that or playboy mansion. so i guess i pick LNOE.

Its funny actually, because i think LNOE is one of the best tracks on the album, although the raunchy guitars at the end could of lasted a wee bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom