If the Mexico POP DVD Was Released...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Footage from Sarajevo.

Mothers Of The Disappeared with the real mothers of the disappeared on stage in Argentina.

Axver said:
Footage from Sarajevo.

Mothers Of The Disappeared with the real mothers of the disappeared on stage in Argentina.

:yes: The Mothers of the Disappeared was definitely filmed, so I think it's a mortal lock.

phillyfan26 said:

:yes: The Mothers of the Disappeared was definitely filmed, so I think it's a mortal lock.

I can't remember if it was the whole thing, but I think its on the Joshua Tree DVD?...Could Be wrong...

Highlights from Santiago and Sao Paulo 1998 :rockon: :bump: :bow: :camera: :up:

A Year In Pop Docummentary, Sarajevo Docummentary, Pop Mart Rotterdam Special (interviews and many live songs from the 18 July 1997 concert like Gone, EBTTRT, Please, WTSHHN, WOWY, etc), alternate videos of the singles, Mofo At MTV European Music Awards 1997, Miami live from 1997, Do You Feel Loved from 1997, Holy Joe at K-Mart 1997.

PS: Hi Axver, why do you like Mothers Of The Disappeared from Argentina? :ohmy: That version is rather lifeless, Bono sang some verses in a low key, and the ohh ohh ohh of the chorus was clearly improvised. Also the Mothers Of Plaza The Mayo didn't do anything on stage, and they didn't talk to the audience either

On the contrary, in Chile Bono sang it completely in the high key, and this time his singing was much more pulled, and the ohh ohh ohh were perfect...

but it's better to watch for yourself :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYfKM1jEotg

Curious I was thinkin in put the same thread , just live tracks :

Mothers ........
Slow Dancing
Bad ( 1st perf of the tour in Brazil)
Rain

&

Miss Sarajevo and tons of footage from Sarajevo

Interview with Willie Williams and Mark Fisher on the stage.

Clips of memorable concerts such as Sarajevo and S. American shows.

probably:

Miami
Edge Karoake
Do You Feel Loved?

Sarajevo Footage

Making Of Popmart

Tibetan Freedom Concert

I would be satisfied if it was just the concert!

Please U2 bring this to your fans! 2007 is exactly 10 years ago when the POPMart tour started so it would be the perfect year to release the DVD.

Axver said:
Footage from Sarajevo.

Ditto, but the Santiago MOTD, not Argentina.

Also, the "A Grand Madness" show they did during Pop. :giggle:

I really want the year in pop doc, but on a lighter note, the lemon malfunction, a grand madness, and perhaps the simpsons episode :lol:

Edmonton footage(in full daylight)

Leeds footage

Photographs and video of crowds in all the cities where the tour actually did good business - shut up the critics.

Discovery channel special strictly on the technical aspects of the tour. it actually quite good if I can remember.

las vegas TV special(ok, maybe this one should be forgotten)

Bald Bono is Seattle Dec. 12- with full sized Xmas tree on the very top of the Arch(the crews last American show....)

Electric Staring at the Sun - full band

Discotecque from Sept. 2005

I think an indepth docu with Bono detailing his then vocal condition, with examples from various points in the tour, could be very interesting.

Video of the MOFO video fuckup in St. Louis(?) where it had to run for a second time after the 5 min interval.

Unused onscreen visuals not in the Mexico video - Pink Flyd did this very well on their PULSE DVD

Bootlegging the Bootleggers - see Pink Floyd PULSE DVD.

u2fp

i'd rather they don't release mexico dvd. firstly there are better south american shows, secondly mexico is kinda lame.
extras - sarajevo show, las vegas screw ups and memorable moments from 1st leg

Mexico lame?

Wow the first time i hear that. I also have the other south american shows but they don't reach the level of Mexico.

POPmart: Live from Mexico needs to be released!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Ditto, but the Santiago MOTD, not Argentina.

Did that one have the mothers on stage, though? I honestly don't remember, as I haven't watched any footage from Popmart in over a year. But I do recall they were definitely there for at least one night in Buenos Aires, and I think that if a performance of MOTD were to be included, it would be essential to use a performance featuring the mothers. I remember watching a bootleg of it and being tremendously moved.

I have to kind of agree that the Mexiuco show wasn't the best Popmart show I'd seen. And how many times can one man SAY the word 'Mexico' during a performance?

There are some highlights though and that is what is out there as a representation of the Popmart show -- so be it.

I'd like the ABC Pop special, Year in Pop, the Grand Madness Doc, all of it. A doc on Edge's karaoke would be really cool, the stage design and all of that.

However...I have a feeling that all we'd get as an extra is a 2 minute featurette on Larry's drum sticks and how they are made...

Pero said:
i'd rather they don't release mexico dvd. firstly there are better south american shows, secondly mexico is kinda lame.

100% agree mate :wave: in fact I think Popmart Mexico is their worst official concert video ever released :down: Bono in a pretty bad shape, dull crowd, uninspired band playing just for the cameras, worst ever version I've ever heard of Desire, etc, etc :yuck:

Santiago and Sao Paulo were the best gigs of the South American tour (not just for me but for the band as well :heart: ) and the setlist was better, with the inclusion of songs like Bad or Mothers Of The Disappeared.

I really don't like to see Popmart Mexico on DVD, I'd rather go with a DVD from the European Leg 1997 or South America 1998 :up:

I will join the crowd of people that are saying that the Mexico VHS show wasn't as good as it could have been. Compare it to the Sydney Zoo, and it looks like amateur theater. The Chile show that was recorded for TV is much, much better.

It's funny , as much as I would rather a south american show , I can't I find nothing nothing wrong with Mexico's show ........ I mean lemme explain

1- Mofo , I don't find better version
2- I will follow , I prefer it over the classic version :eyebrow:

Real Thing kicks the zoo version

Last Night-End of the World -NYD is speechless

Pride is hell lot of fun , Still Haven't Found is amazing as well
AIWIY is probably the best live version released IMO ..... Amazing that part of only B and E , and the Never tear us apart ending

There's that rock'n roll Bullet , a different and amazing as well Streets

A Flawless Discotheque , A Flawless "Batman Song " :wink: , Very Good M Ways

And the most perfect One Electric ? I challenge anyone to come up with a better version

After all I still ask what's exactly wrong with Mexico ?

In Fact If I had to rate sydney and mexico as shows , I would probably give 8.5 for Sydney , and 9.5 for Mexico

Back
Top Bottom