If Radiohead's "Creep" were released today.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Would it be a "hit"? Mtv and Vh1 don't even play videos anymore, and the video was huge in 1993. Would it make it as a "single"?
If they started out today and had "Pablo Honey" to show record companies, promoters, managers, etc. would they even get signed, and if they did, get promoted?

If the answer is "no", then there would be no
airbag
fake plastic trees
pyramid song
paranod android
street spirit
karma police
how to disappear completely
there there
the bends
let down
sail to the moon
kid a
national anthem
you and whose army?
etc. x 100

you get the point.

reminds me of the late greats by wilco.

"the best band you never did hear"

it's a shame. at least there's the internet, and guys like elvis presley who are helping bring to people such as myself to good bands.

If Radiohead started out today, they probably wouldn't have debuted with an early nineties alt. rock pastiche like Pablo Honey. It was very much a product of its times, so this is a bit of a pointless hypothetical, and I kind of wonder if you didn't just post it for the sake of having a Radiohead thread on the first page (I know some people here suffer withdrawals if there isn't one).

Zoomerang96 said:
no typhoon, 7ofo's cool. for real.

who the hell is sevenofo? :scratch:

I agree with typhoon that a grunge by-product such as Creep would simply not be released today!

typhoon said:
(I know some people here suffer withdrawals if there isn't one).

:wink:

I enjoy the Radiohead threads, I'll admit. I think Creep would work today if it was a new release. It's got a timeless quality to it that's a little removed from the rest of Pablo Honey. It's at least as good, if not better, than anything on the modern rock charts at the moment.

typhoon said:
If Radiohead started out today, they probably wouldn't have debuted with an early nineties alt. rock pastiche like Pablo Honey. It was very much a product of its times, so this is a bit of a pointless hypothetical, and I kind of wonder if you didn't just post it for the sake of having a Radiohead thread on the first page (I know some people here suffer withdrawals if there isn't one).

Haha!

JOFO said:

If the answer is "no", then there would be no
airbag
fake plastic trees
pyramid song
paranod android
street spirit
karma police
how to disappear completely
there there
the bends
let down
sail to the moon
kid a
national anthem
you and whose army?
etc. x 100

you get the point.

I don't want to live in a world without these songs. :no:

KERCHUNK. . .KERCHUNK

Ah, Jonny Greenwood. So unintentionally cool.

But, lets be fair; Pablo Honey is sort of. . .not good. Everything post PH is bad ass though.

Back
Top Bottom