Idea for getting into the American Elipse...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I thought of this today, I thought what if you wore your ONE white band, you should be able to get into the Elipse. Good or bad idea?

:|

I think that answers it :wink:

Should be first come, first served.

Yeah they should get ride of the Lottery and put some sense into U2. Also the screwed up thing about the Lottery is it separates your friends or the group of people you are with. They should allow the winner and include 2 guests, not one. They have been doing bring in 2 guests instead of one, but I got screwed due to my many appearances in the Ellipse after going 3 for 4 ( all 3 appearances front row dead center in front of Bono's mic). After that ordeal in Philly May 22 I am now 3 for 8 in the Ellipse. Since they have been going against the policy, that they should go back to first come first serve. At 7:30 p.m. the May 22 Philly show my friend from Virginia who arrived late was turned away from being scanned to go into the Ellipse. The lady in charge of the GA Line for U2 handed out the rest of the wristbands to other people. I am unsure if it was to random people or it was to V.I.P.'s. They should scan everyone in and give everyone a equal chance.

Last edited:
The reason they do it that way is so that the same people don't get in the same number of times. This way, the people who are "spot savers" in the front of the line are not guaranteed to get in. It only makes it more fair to the other people in line. I agree though, everyone should be scanned, and it should be 2 friends let in.

not so keen on the one band idea cause people give them out at the shows, and they would just want them to get in...not for the cause...i wear mine every day because its a good cause not to just get into a good section.

dobro815 said:
The reason they do it that way is so that the same people don't get in the same number of times. This way, the people who are "spot savers" in the front of the line are not guaranteed to get in. It only makes it more fair to the other people in line. I agree though, everyone should be scanned, and it should be 2 friends let in.

At the Vancouver, seattle shows it was organized in which somoene went around and gave you a number so that you didn't loose your spot in line.

theu2fly said:
I thought of this today, I thought what if you wore your ONE white band, you should be able to get into the Elipse. Good or bad idea?

It's not going to be that easy... The white wrist bands have ultraviolet writing on them. When you go into the elipse they check it with a small blick light. Also, your ticket gets cut with a special "bug" design. Sometime they check your ticket too.

dobro815 said:

There were no "spot savers" on the first leg on the Vertigo Tour in the GA line. Once you signed up you got back in line and you got to know the people around you in line. Due to the GA Policy after San Diego #1, you didn't have that many people camping out. The Nazi policing the line is not in my philosophy. Basically the numbers are enforce when someone cuts the line and you have a bunch of people complaining. The GA line was relax and ran much better than almost all the Elevation shows I went to. Roll Calls were used at San Diego #1 and right before we got wristband #'s in Boston at show #3. After that the people that lined with with numbers got to know other U2 fans and tell their stories of how many shows they have been to etc.

Back
Top Bottom