IALW, Fast Cars & now Discotheque…? $%#!!! It!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BWU2Buffs

War Child
Time for a good old fashion rant – 3rd leg opener brings back IALW and adds Fast Cars from da Bomb – and now DT is on the set list -- What gives?

IALW is a nice song, but not worthy of dragging back out for a tour beyond the tour / album that gave birth to it.

Fast Cars? They didn’t even put this song on every copy of Bomb sold, yet it makes the tour opener for the 3rd leg?

Tonight we have rumors of DT making sound checks and potentially already showing up on posted set lists?

Yikes – reminds of that 30 some odd page posting about pot – do you smoke it? Do you have the right to blaze up at a show right next to someone that does not care for it who happened to pay $200 for their ticket? With or without sharing?

Then the more relevant question does the band blaze?

Clearly, the band does blaze up.

In fact, IMO they are blazing up too much – IALW, Fast Cars and now DT WITHOUT even so much of a sniff of Crumbs is approaching criminal status. Arrest them now for set list felonies – U2 has taken the show biz concept of “always leave them wanting more” way too damn far when it comes to Crumbs.

Out

PS – See you in Minneapolis and Omaha – I will only be blazing if someone is err, sharing
:)

BWU2Buffs said:
Then the more relevant question does the band blaze?

Clearly, the band does blaze up.

So THAT is what people mean when they post that The Edge is on fire. :wink:

cant please everyone. half the people complain when they dont take enough risks, then the other half complain when they include a risk (fast cars). :shrug:

Interference thread in setlist criticism shocker.

Its too boring!

They're playing different stuff!

Bring back the more boring one!

Mofo could work very well after Zoo-Station! I wouldn't like Discotheque in the current show really...

Now here's an encore for all you nineties nuts out there: Mofo/Discotheque/Even Better Than The Real Thing. U2 could very easily have three alternating first encores:

1. Mofo/Discotheque/Even Better Than The Real Thing
2. Zoo Station/The Fly/Mysterious Ways
3. Until The End Of The World/Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses/With Or Without You

Certainly won't hear any objection from me to some cool alternation like that. :up:

Axver said:
Now here's an encore for all you nineties nuts out there: Mofo/Discotheque/Even Better Than The Real Thing. U2 could very easily have three alternating first encores:

3. Until The End Of The World/Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses/With Or Without You

Certainly won't hear any objection from me to some cool alternation like that. :up:

I'll take the third one, but I would like it changed to

3. Until The End Of The World/Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses/Acrobat

Axver said:

I would go for :

Zoo-Station -> Mofo -> Mysterious Ways :drool:

Axver said:

I'll take the #1 please. And yes, I would like fries with that :wink:

(I love Mysterious Ways though!) Have seen that combo 3 times so far this year, so... NUMBER 1 baby!!!

If you guys get me the position of Official U2 Setlister, I will gladly fulfill each one of your requests. Especially the Acrobat one. :wink:

Axver said:
If you guys get me the position of Official U2 Setlister, I will gladly fulfill each one of your requests. Especially the Acrobat one. :wink:

Can you remove the 11 songs from ATYCLB & HTDAAB?

:wink:

I really hope they mix things up big time with the setlist for 2nd, 3rd+ dates etc in cities this time round. Not just dropping in the odd couple of changes, but really shake things up. They must know that having now come back to the US again, that a lot of the repeat business will be to the fans who have already seen the show.

Earnie Shavers said:

Can you remove the 11 songs from ATYCLB & HTDAAB?

:wink:

I'll make sure they go to Sydney, play in your favourite club, give you VIP tickets and whatever else you want, and don't play a single note of any ATYCLB/HTDAAB song. How's that sound? Will you get me the job now? :wink:

I'm going to add a rant of my own.

I'm not a big poster, but I like to come in here and read what people are saying, especially around the start of a tour and around the tour date that I'm going to see. (TONIGHT!!!).

Lately I've been seeing a lot of complaining about setlists and I just don't get it.

**U2 is not a jam band**

U2 puts on a great show, but it's highly choreographed. The songs they do, the lighting cues, the images, how the songs are played, interactions with the fans.... This is not a bad thing, most bands do this, it just is what it is. If you want to see a band that can play anything at a drop of a hat go see Pearl Jam, Tragically Hip, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, DMB... U2 comes up with a great show then tweaks it during the tour to deliver maximum impact of whatever it is that they are trying to do. They don't hit the stage and jam for 2 hours.

I'm sick of hearing... whaaa whaaa Acrobat. whaa whaa Ultra Violet, whaa whaa Desire....

**U2 is not a jukebox**

U2 do not read these messages and will not take requests. They are not just playing for the 50 or so people on here who complain all the time, they are also playing for the thousands of people who go to the shows who would never think of logging into a U2 message board to read what the setlist was the night before. Most fans do not have 50 bootleg recordings from each tour.

**U2 is a treasure**

U2 is one of the greatest rock and roll band ever! Treasure each concert you can attend and accept that each one is special in it's own way. The Beatles generally performed for less than 30 minutes per show and played the same songs. Each of their concerts is usually considered a high-point in each concert goer's life. There will come a time when U2 do not tour anymore and we'll all be saying "I'd pay $1000 just to hear "Where the streets have no name" one more time.

I know from experience being a huge Queen fan and missing the one chance I had to see them in concert when Freddie was alive.

My advice is to work on changing your expectations of U2. Understand who they are and what they are trying to do. Enjoy the shows and if you have complaints about the setlist, please, please keep them to yourself.

Rubbersuit said:
U2 do not read these messages and will not take requests. They are not just playing for the 50 or so people on here who complain all the time, they are also playing for the thousands of people who go to the shows who would never think of logging into a U2 message board to read what the setlist was the night before. Most fans do not have 50 bootleg recordings from each tour.

you're full of shit... the edge logs on to interference all the time!

:shifty:

... what?

Headache in a Suitcase said:

you're full of shit... the edge logs on to interference all the time!

so that guy with the lemons was really the edge?... :uhoh:

OK, ... then, this is message for "The Edge"....what's up guy??...why don't you play as the first encore SECONDS + UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD + PLEASE??... it could be great!!:wink:
or.... TWO HEARTS BEAT AS ONE + ULTRAVIOLET + LAST NIGHT ON EARTH??
hahahaha

and.... keep your energy for next tour in Europe!!!:wink:
greets from the other site of the Atlantic!!

BWU2Buffs said:

T WITHOUT even so much of a sniff of Crumbs is approaching criminal status.

What's the deal with Crumbs?? It's like it's the new Acrobat. A good but not great song that hasn't been played yet (save for rehearsals), and people ache for it like a Saturday night orgasm... I'll take Fast Cars over Crumbs anyday, though I'm sure I've made that clear elsewhere. :)

Bracing myself for the retorts...:reject: :wink:

Well, Acrobat is indeed a great song. I'm yet not so sure about Crumbs being at the Acrobat level... but I also think that the song deserves a chance to be heard live. Although I am in no rush to hear it...

Rubbersuit said:
I'm going to add a rant of my own.

I'm not a big poster, but I like to come in here and read what people are saying, especially around the start of a tour and around the tour date that I'm going to see. (TONIGHT!!!).

Lately I've been seeing a lot of complaining about setlists and I just don't get it.

**U2 is not a jam band**

U2 puts on a great show, but it's highly choreographed. The songs they do, the lighting cues, the images, how the songs are played, interactions with the fans.... This is not a bad thing, most bands do this, it just is what it is. If you want to see a band that can play anything at a drop of a hat go see Pearl Jam, Tragically Hip, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, DMB... U2 comes up with a great show then tweaks it during the tour to deliver maximum impact of whatever it is that they are trying to do. They don't hit the stage and jam for 2 hours.

I'm sick of hearing... whaaa whaaa Acrobat. whaa whaa Ultra Violet, whaa whaa Desire....

**U2 is not a jukebox**

**U2 is a treasure**

U2 is one of the greatest rock and roll band ever! Treasure each concert you can attend and accept that each one is special in it's own way. The Beatles generally performed for less than 30 minutes per show and played the same songs. Each of their concerts is usually considered a high-point in each concert goer's life. There will come a time when U2 do not tour anymore and we'll all be saying "I'd pay $1000 just to hear "Where the streets have no name" one more time.

I know from experience being a huge Queen fan and missing the one chance I had to see them in concert when Freddie was alive.

My advice is to work on changing your expectations of U2. Understand who they are and what they are trying to do. Enjoy the shows and if you have complaints about the setlist, please, please keep them to yourself.

:applaud:

U2@NYC said:
Well, Acrobat is indeed a great song. I'm yet not so sure about Crumbs being at the Acrobat level... but I also think that the song deserves a chance to be heard live. Although I am in no rush to hear it...

Crumbs can not hold a candle to Acrobat, imo. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom