I Walk The Line Tribute Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was a pretty good performance. I still can't really push myself to like the song, although that helped a bit. One complaint was not about the music but about the TV Guide station!!! They said "Tribute to Johnny Cash" 8:30. BULLSHIT! I turn it on at about 8:29 or something close to see the very end of their performance!!! :mad:

Damn TV Guide channel. :madspit:

Edge :drool: I loved U2's performance. My dad always loved Johnny Cash & we thought of the songs as pure torture when we were kids. I can appreciate them now though & think of him listening to them.

Are there any other links for a download? I tried the ones from above and couldn't get them to work.

I'm sure it has something to do with NOT being a premium member, but I'd love to get a glimpse of The Wanderer

Danospano said:
Are there any other links for a download? I tried the ones from above and couldn't get them to work.

I'm sure it has something to do with NOT being a premium member, but I'd love to get a glimpse of The Wanderer

if you don't mind posting your e-mail I'd be happy to send it to you

UnFuc:censored:ing believable!!! What a performance. I went to the show in Tampa and Tivo'd the show. I was a little nervous before I heard the the beginning of the song - but man did they nail it!!! As usual Edge was just plain incredible!!! What vocals he can add!!! :drool:

Kristie said:
I thought it was great except the wa-wa-wa-wa-wandering part...

Edge sounded great, but maybe on a different song... not this one.

okay, after listening to it a few more times and chewing on it a little while I think I've revised my opinion.
I now like the wa-wa thing.
It just caught me by suprise the first time, I had the knee-jerk reaction of "What? It's different! Different is bad!"
I don't mind them changing the lyrics so much... I'm just happy I got to hear it at all.

Bono's Doll said:
Edge :drool: I loved U2's performance. My dad always loved Johnny Cash & we thought of the songs as pure torture when we were kids. I can appreciate them now though & think of him listening to them.

That's nice.

It's a kind of performance that got me out of retirement of being an online U2 fan. Amazing Band, Wonderful Song, Beautiful Falsetto, Outstanding Performance.

Sounded excellent..I see the usual redundant, knee-jerk bitching surfaced though..;) I really liked the backing vocals and the general tone of the performance.

ANY negative word about U2 I have said in the last year concerning 'Atomic Bomb' is now RETRACTED after hearing this performance of The Wanderer. Bloody fantastic performance. Great drums, vocals, bass, EVERYTHING!!!

gareth brown said:
ANY negative word about U2 I have said in the last year concerning 'Atomic Bomb' is now RETRACTED after hearing this performance of The Wanderer. Bloody fantastic performance. Great drums, vocals, bass, EVERYTHING!!!

Respect to ya!

Now THERE's a B-side worth listening to from the 'Bomb' era....*resorts to old ways* :wink:

Ok, this is the first time I've been able to post since the yesterday and I just want to comment on the Wanderer.

Ever since I first heard the story about how Bono wrote the song and got Cash to record the vocals, it's been a DREAM of mine to finally hear a live performance of the song with Bono's vocals. Now, I posted a thread a few weeks back about how perfect Johnny Cash was for this song, and I still think Cash's talents were best suited for this track. However, this live performance simply ASTOUNDED me.

The Edge was unbelieveably good. His falsetto was awe-inspiring, and his guitar solo was the perfect country-twinged melody for the song. PERFECT in every way. The "wah wah wah wah wandering" was just so unexpected, but strangly fit the song perfectly.

Larry sounded fantastic. What a great drum line this song has. Awesome to finally hear it live.

Adam's legendary bassline finally got it's propper recognition last night, even better than the album version.

And I really must commend Bono for his work. I never thought he'd be able to replace Cash's voice in this song, but his lyrical delivery was spot-on! Excellent performance from the B-man as usual. Plus, during the verses, with the whole band chucknig away behind him, when he walked up to the mic with his Irsih Falcon and starting singing, I swear he almost LOOKED like Johnny Cash up there.

All in all a dream come true. I just HOPE that they continute experimenting with this song on the Vertigo Tour. It truely deserves it. :up:

Lancemc said:
Ok, this is the first time I've been able to post since the yesterday and I just want to comment on the Wanderer.

Ever since I first heard the story about how Bono wrote the song and got Cash to record the vocals, it's been a DREAM of mine to finally hear a live performance of the song with Bono's vocals. Now, I posted a thread a few weeks back about how perfect Johnny Cash was for this song, and I still think Cash's talents were best suited for this track. However, this live performance simply ASTOUNDED me.

The Edge was unbelieveably good. His falsetto was awe-inspiring, and his guitar solo was the perfect country-twinged melody for the song. PERFECT in every way. The "wah wah wah wah wandering" was just so unexpected, but strangly fit the song perfectly.

Larry sounded fantastic. What a great drum line this song has. Awesome to finally hear it live.

Adam's legendary bassline finally got it's propper recognition last night, even better than the album version.

And I really must commend Bono for his work. I never thought he'd be able to replace Cash's voice in this song, but his lyrical delivery was spot-on! Excellent performance from the B-man as usual. Plus, during the verses, with the whole band chucknig away behind him, when he walked up to the mic with his Irsih Falcon and starting singing, I swear he almost LOOKED like Johnny Cash up there.

All in all a dream come true. I just HOPE that they continute experimenting with this song on the Vertigo Tour. It truely deserves it. :up:

well said, well said

People said Del Shannon Runaway -

is that the song that goes

"and I wonder, wa wa wa wa wonder (falsetto)
why, why why why why why (falsetto)
she ran away
my little runaway, my run run run run runaway"

Loved this comment from U2log.com:

"judy says:

I watched the tribute to Johnny Cash last night..I have never heard this group sing before however I have heard of them...the song "The Wanderer"has to be one of the best songs I have heard recently...I am a country music person & I loved Johnny Cash...but I now a U2 fan as well & intend to buy this tape."

Yes, but :up: for turning Cash fans onto U2.

"wa wa wa wa wandering" bit is addictive!

That said, what does Bono sing in the "I was ----- not to be the one" line? I thought it was "hurtful" but that doesn't make sense..."hopeful"?

Last edited:
U2girl said:

"judy says:

I watched the tribute to Johnny Cash last night..I have never heard this group sing before however I have heard of them...the song "The Wanderer"has to be one of the best songs I have heard recently...I am a country music person & I loved Johnny Cash...but I now a U2 fan as well & intend to buy this tape."

Another fan is born.

The wanderer :up: :up: :up: :up:

After all these years

Aardvark747 said:
Sounds like 'Hopeful' to me. :up:

I just downloaded the video and it looks like "hopeful".

:yes: I thought they were both singing after the solo, apart from the chorus and the two "Jesus" starting lines.

U2girl said:

"judy says:

:applaud:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom