I Spy #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I spy with my discerning eye something that starts with an "S"

bonojap21.jpg

Smile???

Oh I soooo would have a smile like that kid behind Bono if that's where my face was....."

:hyper: oh oh oh am I allowed to guess again yet??? :hyper:

Sorry, but there is no reason to be rude. There have been scores of people playing this game for ages, and this is one of a couple of rules that everyone came to an agreement on, I don't even know who's idea it was to begin with. But everyone who contributed regularly agreed that it was a good idea, and fair to all. Sarcasm is uncalled for. :sad:

Sorry, but there is no reason to be rude. There have been scores of people playing this game for ages, and this is one of a couple of rules that everyone came to an agreement on, I don't even know who's idea it was to begin with. But everyone who contributed regularly agreed that it was a good idea, and fair to all. Sarcasm is uncalled for. :sad:

:huh: Huh? I wasn't being rude....I was asking because I didn't want to jump in and take a turn if it wasn't the right time. There was certainly no sarcasm, and I'm really sad that my eagerness to play the game while respecting this rule at the same time, was seen as being rude and sarcastic. :sad: I thought by posting the hyper smiley it would convey the right tone of enthusiasm....I guess it's hard to get the right intonation across when something is written, rather than said. :(

Last edited:
I don't think she was being sarcastic. I think she was genuinely excited because she was close. Just my $.02. Don't want the game to get tense! :hug:s

Thanks Zooey :hug: You hit the nail on the head. I don't want it to get tense either because that's certainly not my intention :(

:huh: Huh? I wasn't being rude....I was asking because I didn't want to jump in and take a turn if it wasn't the right time. There was certainly no sarcasm, and I'm really sad that my eagerness to play the game while respecting this rule at the same time, was seen as being rude and sarcastic. :sad: I thought by posting the hyper smiley it would convey the right tone of enthusiasm....I guess it's hard to get the right intonation across when something is written, rather than said. :(

Your PM to me was certainly gracious and conciliatory, and it was much appreciated. I realize that you meant no offense. You came across to me in your post as being a bit flip, but I realize now you were just trying to be funny.

:hug:No worries. I'm not trying to be the "rules cop" here, either... I was really just trying to be helpful, so maybe I was just taken aback a bit, and took it personally. But whatever, on with the game! :hug:

And for the record...

the "rule" the I Spy players came up with is that you can only make one guess at a time, until some one else guesses, or the clue holder replies. This was to prevent one person from guessing every single item they spotted in the photo in one go, before anyone else even returned to the game... which actually happened couple of times, until the "rule" was invoked.

Since Carek had replied to your post with a yay or a nay, I can't remember which, gluey, you can certainly guess again at that point, you don't have to wait until someone else makes a guess.

The only other "rule" I'm aware of is that you can't use the band's names as a clue, so those that keep guessing "Bono" are not going to get anywhere! :nerd:

Gluey you are way too good at this!!! I am sorry I was away most of today, but it was all for good for a welcome change in my life :heart: Anyway, Gluey is the winner.....and sorry for the sorta drama that looks like happened today. It's all good, let's put it behind and move forward. :hug: to all!

Good game! :applaud:

Gluey you are way too good at this!!! I am sorry I was away most of today, but it was all for good for a welcome change in my life :heart: Anyway, Gluey is the winner.....and sorry for the sorta drama that looks like happened today. It's all good, let's put it behind and move forward. :hug: to all!

Good game! :applaud:

:shocked: :reject:

Thanks Carek :hug: :kiss: Glad to hear things are good for you!!

Drama sharma...it's all good and there are no problems :hug:

Did come to one conclusion...how about posting the rules at the start of each new thread.....what do you think of that?

Now I'm off to find a pic!! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom