I Screened a Phone Call from John Kerry (Yes, That John Kerry)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
I'm on school break, my cell phone woke me up with an unfamiliar number, so I hit the voicemail button and went back to sleep. When I checked my voicemail, it was US Sen. John Kerry. Grr.

It was in fact really him. Not a robocall. I guess he was helping out Niki Tsongas in the Massachusetts fifth for the special election, so he was calling people to ask to help out, and thank young people for their involvement in the party. I wish I could figure out how to make it an MP3 because otherwise Sprint deletes voicemails after 60 days.

That's awesome :rockon:

I don't care what people say I still have love in my heart for John Kerry.

Could you play the voicemail into a microphone? Quality may not be stellar but it might work.

Techie2000 said:
Hrmm, maybe. I'm trying to see if I can find a "better" way though...

If you have a tape recorder, you can go to RadioShack and buy a jack to connect the phone (must have a handset) to the mic port of the recorder. Call your voice mail number, press record and there you go.

There are also ways to record onto your computer but I'm not slick enough for that. You do still need the recording jack, though.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103157&cp=&parentPage=search

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104040&cp=&parentPage=search

That's nice of him.... but I'm curious.... when U heard his voicemail, did it put U back 2 sleep?! Snore..... :wink:

dsmith2904 said:
If you have a tape recorder, you can go to RadioShack and buy a jack to connect the phone (must have a handset) to the mic port of the recorder. Call your voice mail number, press record and there you go.
yep, this is a really easy way to do it. it's how we tape phone conversations at work. (it's one of those "this call may be monitored..." things, we're not spying on employees, i swear!)

i'd love to hear what he said to you, techie :D

Should have caught the call in time, and called him a douchebag for screwing up the last election.

Back
Top Bottom