I saw the U2 3D trailer today!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muh2o

Acrobat
Imagine, if you will, the opening riff of "The Fly". The trailer begins in standard 2D. Scattered images fly across the screen with the words

Hear

Feel

Experience

Everyone

The Fly fades out. The screen goes black. Bono shouts....

Unos

Deus

Tres

Quatorze!

BAM! The screen opens up to a 3D Bono kicking his foot in your face as the band launches into Vertigo. The elipse is jumping! A fan throws a drink in the air, and it feels like you just got doused. The 3D is AWESOME!

The screen once again goes dark with the words......

U2 3D

Fall 2007

The trailer was included with the digital print of Meet the Robinsons 3D (opening Friday). It's my hope this trailer makes it onto the film, but my company says it will not. That's too bad because there are not many, if any, 3D films opening after MTR, and it sounds like the only trailer, if any, will be available only in 2D on standard 35mm film. Trust me when I tell you it will be worth it from what I saw.

:yes: You did paint a great picture !!!
Did you see this on a Imax or regular theater ?
No Imax in my area :( , I hope this will in regular thearters .
can't wait :hyper: I'm sure the trailer will be on the dvd when it is released .
Thank you for the info.

That sounds pretty awesome :drool:

my stupid IMAX better get the U2 movie, right now it's still showing Night at the Museum..I wanted to see 300 at IMAX...

u2trinity said:
:yes: You did paint a great picture !!!
Did you see this on a Imax or regular theater ?

No, not IMAX. This is a digital projector that replaced an old 35mm projector last year. IMAX still deals with film, albeit 70mm.

I do not think this will be available to IMAX since the deal was made with REAL D, which is proprietary to digital presentations...at least that I'm aware.

FitzChivalry said:

Just pay to see something you like and sneak in to Meet The Robinsons.

:sexywink:

Unless you have superhuman vision, you will need specific 3D glasses to get the full effect, or you will leave with a monster of a headache. :huh:

Sounds awesome I can't wait, at least we get a little something before a new tour. I'm bringing my kids to see if they would like going to the real thing.

muh2o said:

No, not IMAX. This is a digital projector that replaced an old 35mm projector last year. IMAX still deals with film, albeit 70mm.

I do not think this will be available to IMAX since the deal was made with REAL D, which is proprietary to digital presentations...at least that I'm aware.

That's very good news .
U2 3D :drool:

sound really cool.... thanks for making me horny:drool:

- but wait a minute: the elipse is jumping? in Buenos Aires there was no elipse...:huh:

Last edited:
love2bmama said:
hang on, so the film isn't going to be in IMAX after all? confused!

Me too! :confused:
As long as it can show somewhere in Melbourne, I don't mind...

Trailers are always better than the film, but even so... :drool:

:wink:

love2bmama said:
hang on, so the film isn't going to be in IMAX after all? confused!

It seems that the film is going to be shown on RealD screens. RealD is a company that puts normal theaters into 3D-theaters. Right now there are more than 700 RealD 3D-theaters worldwide and at the end of the year it should be 1000 screens. It's growing all the time.

Very Sad: In Europe there are very few of these screens. In Germany only in Munich and Nürnberg - no Berlin:mad:

here you can see if a RealD cinema is near your place:

under the topic "find a theater near you":
http://www.reald.com/

perrypickwick said:

I just knew that I would be screwed on this - we have no culture around here. I always have to drive three or more hours to see any good concert or limited release but WOW there are two theatres in this town - one less than a half mile from here - that are on the RealD list.

I do not however hold out a lot of hope that the U2 3D will make the local.

I may have to start a phone campaign on my own behalf.:eyebrow:

the lucky ones...:drool:

Well now you can experience all that and more at the Rave Theater 16 at the Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley.

The multiplex unveiled its new 3-D technology Tuesday with a special screening of the animated Disney film "Meet the Robinsons."

Students from Fountain Hill Elementary School were treated to an early showing of the film and a sneak peek at the upcoming "U2 3-D" concert film. And judging by the choruses of yelps and screams that followed, the technology is sure to be a hit.

http://www.nj.com/news/expresstimes/pa/index.ssf?/base/news-10/1175054732208910.xml&coll=2

YellowKite said:
I just knew that I would be screwed on this - we have no culture around here. I always have to drive three or more hours to see any good concert or limited release but WOW there are two theatres in this town - one less than a half mile from here - that are on the RealD list.

I do not however hold out a lot of hope that the U2 3D will make the local.

I may have to start a phone campaign on my own behalf.:eyebrow:
I'll cross my fingers for you, because I know the feeling. The closest RealD theater to me is an hour and a half away, but I'd probably be willing to travel twice as far to see it. I hope however, that the one nearest to me will have U23D, and I hope the same for you.

That said, I'm salivating over just the description to the trailer :drool: I just hope I can wear those RealD glasses over my regular ones, I'm so freaking blind :(

perrypickwick said:

It seems that the film is going to be shown on RealD screens. RealD is a company that puts normal theaters into 3D-theaters. Right now there are more than 700 RealD 3D-theaters worldwide and at the end of the year it should be 1000 screens. It's growing all the time.

Very Sad: In Europe there are very few of these screens. In Germany only in Munich and Nürnberg - no Berlin:mad:

you're SHITTING me right??? :( please tell me this is a joke!

I live in holland and cannot afford to go to germany or england for a bloody movie! why isn't it in IMAX? at least we have an IMAX theatre in amsterdam! I can get there!

Back
Top Bottom