I saw a hockey movie tonight.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know NHL.com has all the rules.

I went there and went into "Penalties" and couldn't find it. It takes a special person to decipher that site.

I searched Google and every hockey columnist swore it was an unwritten rule, so I wasn't the only one who couldn't find it! I also know I've seen Aebischer and Roy both checked behind the net and no penalty was called. But we all know the refs read the CliffNotes rulebook!

WHAT?? Turco is a handsome guy! :drool:

Though I suppose that's just in comparison to the rest of the Stars...but I think he's good looking.

AvsGirl41 said:
I know NHL.com has all the rules.

I went there and went into "Penalties" and couldn't find it. It takes a special person to decipher that site.

I searched Google and every hockey columnist swore it was an unwritten rule, so I wasn't the only one who couldn't find it! I also know I've seen Aebischer and Roy both checked behind the net and no penalty was called. But we all know the refs read the CliffNotes rulebook!
Oh, I wasn't specifically telling you about the rules at NHL.com! I was merely throwing it out there for anyone who wanted to look something up. All the rules are under "NHL RULEBOOK" in the 2nd to last section from the bottom in the left hand margin. But I know what you mean about that site... a tad disorganized.

As for the goalies being hit outside of the crease, it is somewhat of an unwritten rule to turn a blind eye to it, but it's supposed to be called according to the rule book, that's all I was saying. And, yes, the refs must read the cliff notes version! haha, so true.

AvsGirl41 said:
WHAT?? Turco is a handsome guy! :drool:

Though I suppose that's just in comparison to the rest of the Stars...but I think he's good looking.
I don't mean anything by it. I just detest the Stars. I guess they just play an *ugly* brand of hockey.

Oh, I hate the Stars too. :down:

For some reason, I don't mind Turco--I guess because he seems like a saint compared to Belfour. ;)

But I loathe Mike Modano with every fiber of my being. They are a nasty, ugly team.

Many hotties were on display today! :drool:

I would have given Patrick Marleau top honors in the looks department though.

official-02.jpg

You don't even want to know how many games I've seen live.

But don't be afraid to go to minor league games either - they can be a lot of fun and you get to see developing talent. I've seen tons of OHL games, for example, and some were crap, but a lot were fun too.

I've always wanted to see the DU Pioneers. I don't know why I haven't. Waiting for someone else to take the initiative and buy me some tickets, I guess. :wink:

They are supposed to be very entertaining.

Yeah, my hometown team - The Kelowna Rockets, of the WHL - are ranked, if I remember correctly, the 2nd best junior team in Canada right now. And Kelowna's hosting the Memorial Cup this year! It would be amazing if the Rockets won, and did it in their home city.

I am about two hours south of a "juniors" team called the chicago blackhawks...anyone ever hear of them?

Oh, come to thinkof it...I guess if you travel two hours southwest of me, you can see ANOTHER "juniors" team called the St. Louis Blues. :uhoh:

Michael Griffiths said:
Vancouver fans rule, too! :wink:

I think you're only the 2nd Vancouverite I've seen on this board!

thats a slap in the face to Angel and deathbear

Angel lives in Montreal (I think she lived in Victoria...:hmm:)and bear lives in Manitoba. They are just avid supporters of Canada's premiere NHL team.

What Zoney said.

The Canucks got burned by the Flames tonight. Turek stole that one, making some incredible saves... none bigger than a diving glove save on Brendan Morrison's open net chance. Talk about highway robbery. :down:

pffft -

And you call yourself a hockey fan. :down:

I think you should go see it....it is better than a rental...and maybe, just maybe you will develop a better respect for Minnesota as the US Hockey hotbed (*hopes the folks from Boston and Michigan do not read this).

Mixed reviews! Where? I have heard nothing but good reviews for the movie, from both hockey fans and non-hockey fans. I cannot wait to go see it.

Back
Top Bottom