I need your advice on The Who and Led Zeppelin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
get as much led zepp as you possibly can. thats my advice.
as for the who get quadrophenia

LemonMelon said:

Oh, come now...The Who are better at some things. I highly doubt a Led Zeppelin rock opera about a paraplegic boy named Timmy with awesome frisbee talents would have been nearly as good as Tommy.

:shifty: Then again...

It would have been if it was Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld :rockon: :wink:

love_u2_adam said:
one led zeppelin song every one NEEDS to know is when the levee breaks. every one i don't care if you hate Zeppelin that song is like god singing threw robert:drool:

To me it's more like God thru Bonham's drumming and Plant's guitar! :drool: :wink:

I just ordered Physical Graffiti from the electric fetus (record store here, weird name, but great selection!) I just love Custard pie:rockon: :rockon:

rushu2 said:
I just ordered Physical Graffiti from the electric fetus (record store here, weird name, but great selection!) I just love Custard pie:rockon: :rockon:

Put on your night shirt and your morning gown
You know by night I'm gonna shake 'em down
Put on your night shirt Mama, and your morning gown
Well, you know by night I'm gonna shake 'em down
Your custard pie, yeah, sweet and nice
When you cut it, mama, save me a slice

:drool: :drool: :drool:

But disc 2 FTW. Ten Year's Gone, Down By The Seaside, Sick Again...:rockon:

Ten Years Gone is absolutely beautiful, and probably Zeppelin's most underappreciated song. Night Flight and Bron-Yr-Aur are also excellent on disc 2.

Zootlesque said:

Ten Years Gone :drool:

In My Time Of Dying :combust:

IMTOD from DVD2 of the Led Zeppelin DVD set...........

Had it on as background yesterday while doing some chores around the house, stopped me in my tracks, just astounding. When they were "on" no one could touch them. And that performance is as "on" as any band gets. The bass playing, the improv, the interplay between band members, it's a shame the song had to end

Thanks for the tips everyone! I'll have a look which Who/Led Zeppelin got the most nods and I'll check them out.

rushu2 said:

I'm very partial to "The Wanton Song" on Disc 2. When I was a teenager I used to blast that song over and over and over . . .

"The Rover" is pretty kick-ass as well!

Another underrated Zeppelin song: "Misty Mountain Hop" off of IV.

that riff kills me.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Hmm, I've never heard it played anywhere before, but it should! :wink:

Ahhhh, well, over here in Southern California it was played all the time on the-now-defunct KLSX 97.1, and it's still played fairly heavily on KLOS 95.5.

Either way, it's a GREAT Zep song and probably my 2nd favorite off "IV".

FitzChivalry said:

Ahhhh, well, over here in Southern California it was played all the time on the-now-defunct KLSX 97.1, and it's still played fairly heavily on KLOS 95.5.

*saves it for Desert Island IV* :wink:

FitzChivalry said:

Misty Mountain Hop has always been a radio staple for classic rock stations everywhere. It's one of the most played Zep songs out there.

In fact, you could say that about all of Led Zeppelin IV with the exception of Four Sticks and When The Levee Breaks.

"The Rover" fucking rocks.

Physical Graffiti also contains the only song to ever really challenge Stairway To Heaven's universal 'Greatest Zeppelin Song Ever' title - Kashmir.

Back
Top Bottom