i lied to my parents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
yeah, i am 28 on my own and i have lied to my parents about my Vegas vacation. :der: :reject: i don't want to hear the "oh i don't think this is a good idea to meet up with people you meet online" speech. they know i am going to Vegas but they think i am going with my best friend. i will confess to my vacation when i return.

:uhoh:

hehe...i told my mom i was going to vegas to meet a bunch of my online friends. she loves that im going lol...

now if it were a guy i was gonna date from online, then she'd have a cow!:laugh:

yeah...you should have heard the riot act my mom read me when i first went out on a date:tsk:

she demanded to MEET him after i came back. she ended up liking him tho:der:

:lol: at least our parents worry about our safety.

thankfully the few that i have dated after meeting them online have been innocent and harmless. my parents and family get the "oh i met him at a bar a few weeks ago" lie whenever they ask how i meet these people. :tsk: it is lent and i am lying to my parents. haha.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:lol: at least our parents worry about our safety.

it is lent and i am lying to my parents. haha.

lol!!

yeah, true my mom worries about me alot when i go out on my dates. but seriously, its the only way i know how to meet guys. i've never really gone to a bar to socialize:shrug:

Shame on you Iris :shame:...and during lent even :eyebrow:

When I told my sister in law that I was going to Vegas with people I met online, she asked me with a totally straight face if I had run background checks on everyone! :lol:

What?s even worse I just told them about this vacation Monday night in a passing conversation on the phone. I told them about the vacation in the middle of a conversation about my job. :reject: I hate lying especially to my parents. First off i am a terrible liar second i have a guilty conscious so the truth always comes out soon after i try to lie. :tsk:

meeting guys online is a better choice than meeting guys in bars.

Bono's American Wife said:
Shame on you Iris :shame:...and during lent even :eyebrow:

When I told my sister in law that I was going to Vegas with people I met online, she asked me with a totally straight face if I had run background checks on everyone! :lol:

i know i know. lol

so did you run background checks Detective Char? *nudge* :sexywink: my record is clean! :macdevil:

I think in this situation, the lie will save them from a weekend of worry. Its better to tell them when you get back.

I don't lie to my Mom because she's got a pretty wild past and nothing shocks her but I lie to my Grandma all the time...mainly to keep her from worrying. She would probably cry if I told her I was meeting people from the internet.

:lol: You know, I am afraid to tell my parents alot of things, but they were totally ok with my trip to London and Ireland to see U2 twice and hang out with people I met online.

Then two months later... I did it all over again in Vegas.

They care about me moving to Montreal, but following rock bands around the world with people you've never met is ok. :rolleyes: Go figure.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

i know i know. lol

so did you run background checks Detective Char? *nudge* :sexywink: my record is clean! :macdevil:

:hmm: are you sure about that?

actually I would get in a lot of trouble for doing that...I'm only allowed to use my online data sources for legitimate purposes :angel:

like finding people I went to high school with :silent:

I lie to my parents all the time when it comes to things like that. There are some things in this world they don't need to know. And if I do tell them, it's after the fact, and the details are limited. My sister and I have found it's just easier to tell each other about these types of things than our parents.

I told my boss, my mom, my brother :lol: They think its great! :D

They must trust me and my judgement I spose. Plus they know I've been talking to these people on this forum for 2 years :crack:

hehe, in my case i had to tell my parents that i was meeting a guy online. :laugh:

now if anyone jumps on our case when they find out how we met (don't you love how strangers you just met suddenly feel they know what's best for you?) i can say "at least it's better than meeting your spouse on 'married by america'." i mean seriously. that's the stupidest idea i've ever heard, a lot more far-fetched than meeting someone online. any time you meet anyone, be it online, in a bar, wherever, there's ALWAYS the creepiness factor.

i've only met one other person online that was just a friend, and it was a guy. :shifty:

KhanadaRhodes said:
hehe, in my case i had to tell my parents that i was meeting a guy online. :laugh:

now if anyone jumps on our case when they find out how we met (don't you love how strangers you just met suddenly feel they know what's best for you?) i can say "at least it's better than meeting your spouse on 'married by america'." i mean seriously. that's the stupidest idea i've ever heard, a lot more far-fetched than meeting someone online. any time you meet anyone, be it online, in a bar, wherever, there's ALWAYS the creepiness factor.

i've only met one other person online that was just a friend, and it was a guy. :shifty:

*jots that come back down* :lol:

i know my mom would give me the guilty trip and in spanish :huh: it is better to avoid telling them the truth until after the crime has been commited. ;)

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
actually my parents should worry even more that i am going to vegas w/ my "best friend" i am always getting into a serious amount of good trouble with her! :lol:
:laugh: sounds like me with my best friend!!

i seriously wish i could go to vegas. :sad: but the hubby and i just had a little mini-trip last weekend and we're saving up for our trip this summer, and we may need to help out my mom if she decides to get a porch added on to our house (a mother's day gift or something). i really wanna meet you guys! but you guys probably wouldn't wanna meet me. :laugh:

I have a best friend......

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
actually my parents should worry even more that i am going to vegas w/ my "best friend" i am always getting into a serious amount of good trouble with her! :lol:

:wave: "best friend" :lol:

Jess......your mom knows about me though...right. I have even stayed at your house twice! :lol:

I so want to meet everyone too. :(
I have been lucky enough to meet a handful of ya, but I am greedy! I want more, and I want to see people again that I have already met!
Khanada, I would like to meet you! :)
I think you should all come to Montreal this summer. :cute:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
yeah, i am 28 on my own and i have lied to my parents about my Vegas vacation. :der: :reject: i don't want to hear the "oh i don't think this is a good idea to meet up with people you meet online" speech. they know i am going to Vegas but they think i am going with my best friend. i will confess to my vacation when i return.

:uhoh:

:lmao:

I'm 33 and on my own and I wasn't even completely honest with my parents about the Vegas trip either :silent: :reject: :uhoh:

I told them I was going to Vegas with Eebz, to see Elevation for St. Paddy's day. They know I've met her before, but I didn't tell them I was going to be spending time with a bunch of other people I hadn't met too...I just told them I knew some other people were going (I didn't tell them there would be about 18 of us going and meeting as a group and I left the part out about I'd be sharing hotel rooms with them, etc.)

:ohmy: :lol:

oh jeff, btw your name is Wendy and you have long blonde hair! lol she is originally from Minnesota. ;)

you know what now that i think about it, i am meeting new people that i have talked to by phone or email for over 2 years now on a weekly basis because of my job. what difference does this make!? lol i am traveling to cities on my own :hmm: i will remember this when they roll their eyes at me and say "oh iris, you are always doing crazy stuff." :lol:

:lol: Yeah...I try to keep the talk about "internet friends" down around my parents...

They still don't know about the tattoo I got back in September!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
what difference does this make!? lol i am traveling to cities on my own :hmm: i will remember this when they roll their eyes at me and say "oh iris, you are always doing crazy stuff." :lol:

:hmm: maybe I'm a stalker :sexywink: :tongue:

wertsie said:
They still don't know about the tattoo I got back in September!

heh...but we're not pedophiles! :p

since nebraska for the heartland of america tour, my parents have stopped caring about internet friends, as long as they know i'm careful....but before that.....well, just ask kristie or shannon :|....they still don't know about last summer's pleba convention, but they already know about this coming summer's...

it's such a relief to be able to tell the truth now...:shrug:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

are you kidding, i want to meet just about every person i have exchanged posts, IM, PM w/ from this board. that is a goal now to meet all of you who are hiding behind this blue room. ;) :evil:

Oh how I wish that I was able to go to Vegas to meet you all. Time wise and money has to do with it. Another time maybe? :yes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom