I know this is asking a lot but I really need some help right now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Ok, I have to write a speech on my name... but I can't think of anything to put in it. All I can think of is saying how I got my name (which I know) and what my name means. I need one more thing, I was thinking maybe the different spellings of the name Lindsay.
But my problem is, for the introduction... I don't know how to make them all come together and make sence... can somebody just help me with the intro, cause I know once I have that then I can write the body...

I'll um, give you teh outline part... like how it gos...

A. Attention Getter: (Somethin that gets the audience hooked)
B. Familiarity/Motivater: ( Credibilty... wahtever that is :shrug: )
C. Thesis: (Topic)
D. Preview: (Spacifics that prove thesis and order of the paragraphs)

Guys, I'm begging you jsut help me with this part, I already have the topics... I named them up there, I just need to figure out how to put them into that so they make sence... can you help me? I'll do anything... I'm freakin out cause it's due Tuesday, and I can't figure taht part out! I'm goin insane... :(

Last edited:
Hmmmm.........this is a tough one!
Break out into song and go "L is for Lindsay, it's good enough for me!"

:wink:

Seriously though. Ummmm, i have no idea. Hopefully the more creative PLEBAns will come up with something.

Hopefully, cause I can't do it... I'm still tryin... I mean, I can make the introduction paragraph... but it only talks about one of the topics... I don't know how to tie them together... unless I make them all similar like say I hate my name or soemthin... bu tI don't hate it... should I just lie and say I do? Bu teven then... can I make three topics on me hating my name? Nope, I can't cause I really don't hate my name... so there is nothin to talk about on tha tsubject :( This sucks... :sigh: I bet Edge could do it cause he's super smart! JK!
But seriously I need some help, my friend can't even help me cause she doesn't know and I'm not goin to my dad cause he makes everythign so complicated :| And my mom wouldn't listen to me :sad:

:lmao: You could have told me I put "order of bono paragraphs" up in my first post, little embarrasing :eek:

Last edited:
Hey, Lindsay, I don't have a lot of time right now, but there is one thing that is unusual about your name, that might provide a focus for your talk. It's one of a small number of names that is non-gender specific; it could be a girl's name (obviously), but it's also a guy's name. Look at Lindsey Buckingham, from Fleetwood Mac, or Lindsey Anderson, a famous film director. It could also be a place. That's really cool (as opposed to a dorky name like mine, which is Nancy:yuck:) )
Interesting fact: Did you know that John Wayne's real name was Marion Morrison? No wonder he changed it!:wink:

U2democrat said:
Hmmmm.........this is a tough one!
Break out into song and go "L is for Lindsay, it's good enough for me!"

:wink:

hahaha!

not so silly though... I was going to suggest spelling out your name as the opening.

Something like:

L-I-N-D-S-A-Y. (This will be your attention getter! People will be like, why is she spelling her name? lol)

As for the other things: can you find out what Lindsay means in other languages? What does your name mean anyway? Maybe you can build a third topic out of that.

Let us know some more information and I'll be able to help a little more! :)

I couldn't stand my speech class, and I barely passed the damn thing. I had to make a 70 on the final to pass. Guess what I made on the final? That's right, a 70.

Here's a description on my name....

The name Lindsay has made me a friendly, approachable, and generous person. I'm generally good-natured, thougha t times i can be blunt and sarcastic. I'm naturally talkative, I find it easy to meet and make many freinds (that's the only part that isn't true...) The name inclines me to be sympathetic and generous to those in difficult or unfortunate circumstances. I can be firm, positive, and independent in my own ideas and in reaching my own decicios, yt when it comes to taking action or following things thorugh to completion, I often need encouragment. I respond quickly to kind words or any pretiation shown to me. ehre are artistic, creative abilities in this name that i could express through music or singing.

Ok... that isn't exactly a deffinition of my name, but it explains ME pretty well... and... well I am a Lindsay :wink:
And I figured out that I can write my body and conclusion fine... I just can't do the intro part :(

And hippy, spelling my name out is a good idea! lol. I just have to get the nerve to do it :uhoh:

Don't forget Lindsay Lohan :sexywink:

Lindsay was not only first a guy's name, it was also a last name. It would be interesting to mention that a lot of last names have found their way to becoming girls' names over the last 20 years: Lindsay, Jordan, Morgan, Bailey, Mackenzie, there's a lot of it. Why and how did this happen, that's an idea to explore!

Last edited:
My name... is a last name :| My grandma's name was Peggy Elizabeth Lindsey.... but my mom spelled my name wrong on the brith certificate lol, so my name is afficialy WRONG :|

Hey, Lindsay. I really like the story of how you got your name. I think if it were me, I'd start off with your name being a "mistake", but how it turned out to be very characteristic of you. You could incorporate all of the suggestions that the others have made (i.e. spelling - "correct" vs. "incorrect" and the meaning behind your name) into the overall theme of YOU.

Does the name make the person, or the person make the name?

I don't know...I never took speech class, but you have a very engaging story right there...just some thoughts. Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom