I knew there was something I had to do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
damn...stupid iowa

hopefully it works out.

meanwhile, i moved to my house with friends...and am drowning in bacteria at work. yep...good times...

:( that really blows, Kristie. I was in a depressed stupor for a week when I found out I was second place for a business scholarship worth $8500. Second place = first loser :banghead:

something good happened today!
I finally got my money from the school for the summer, so now I can actually pay my bills. I spent a frivolous $20 on a hat and the new prince cd to celebrate :wink:

Yay!

Today was hot :| And I like it hot, but today was really pushing it. I had to bike around after work, running a few errands and it was 96. Damn GR and its extremes! Even my future hometown in southwestern Florida is cooler than here.

For those of you who would understand, Shirley Hoogstra is STILL my worst enemy! So, another Calvin student dies and not only is the student body NOT informed, but Shirley sends one of those sappy "death is a happy place, it was meant to be" e-mails to faculty/staff. :mad: Sorry, Shirley, but 20 year olds ARE NOT supposed to suffer for months and fade away to nothing and 20 years olds ARE NOT supposed to suffer massive seizures and die hours later.

agh, I hate those "oh, they're in a happy place now" etc condolences
although, being that you go to calvin college, the whole "it was meant to be" thing doesn't suprise me.

It was pretty damn toasty here, too... about 90 as opposed to 96, and our humidity's always like 90%... yours probably is too, yes? I'd take the southwest's 110 minus the humidity over the midwest's 90+humidity any day of the week.

Above said "condolences" make me want to hurt people. Seriously.

Lies, was it the girl whose name I can't remember who had an aneurysm? She was on my Lab Assistant's floor I think, and yeah, I was like what huh, welcome to telling us things, Calvin. Didn't they just send it out today too, even though she died on like Sunday?
In the words of myself and Misty, "they're gonna bring it up every month!"
:|

And it's still too damn hot out there. :|

And then I hit enter like 16 times and messed it up somehow. :yikes:

Last edited:
yeah, the only reason i knew is that my roommate was friends with her. calvin has less and less appeal as time goes by...

and yes, very very hot. i sleep in the basement though...go 20 degrees cooler! woo! and i finally have my internet here. so yeah. too bad i've been online for 30 min and no one else is...guess i'm not talking to anyone tonight...bedtime. i go to bed so early now...

g'night

speaking of hot, the sun shines in my window after about 7am and by noon it's about ninety degrees in here.
It's not helping my sleep.

did I ever show you guys the New Kitty pictures?
cause... there's more.
I'm going home tomorrow to play with them now that they can get out of their box.

they are at like the super duper fun stage
they can get down the stairs but half the time they fall off trying to get up. Those stairs are pretty tall, you know.
They also like to follow you around like ducklings.

on a not quite so adorable note, my car broke down on my way home. It's now sitting at a gas station near Plymouth, about a half hour away. Boo car.

ok, delivering on my promise, new kitty pictures

little boy kitty:
olderboy.jpg

little girl kitty:
oldergirl.jpg

gimpy kitty:
oldergimpy.jpg

The neighbors want one and Neil knows someone who he thinks will take one... and I want one. I get first dibs. Despite the gimpy kitty being the least pretty, she seems really sweet, and I feel sorry for her 'cause she's less mobile than the others. Mom wants me to take her because she knows I'll be nice to her.
:hug: gimpy kitty :hug:

my plan is for mom to bring her down next weekend when she brings my fixed car and I can wave the kitty in front of Angie and go "you know you want it!"

And then Angie will sneeze, and I will add "along with allergy medicine, of course" on the end.

Aw! I want a kitty, too, but it would eat my guinea pigs so eventually I have a choice to make.... I bet it would be fine w/ Angie's allergies if you kept it outside like your others or in your room only, or both. I've known people who keep cats in their dorm rooms, so obviously they don't need that much space.

I love your mom's garden and pond, btw!

:heart: kitties :heart:

Any gonna-be-seniors want to take a survey for my stats class? I don't even remember if anyone here is going to be a senior - Kristie, are you?

:shifty: cause it's totally within the rules to survey people who don't even go to calvin :shifty:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Aw! I want a kitty, too, but it would eat my guinea pigs so eventually I have a choice to make.... I bet it would be fine w/ Angie's allergies if you kept it outside like your others or in your room only, or both. I've known people who keep cats in their dorm rooms, so obviously they don't need that much space.

I love your mom's garden and pond, btw!

I'll pass on the love :)

we could keep it out of her room, but the problem is that we have zero outside... it'd have to be a totally indoor kitty.
She said she'd agree to a kitty trial for a week or so, and if she doesn't have to go to the hospital it'll be ok.

in other news, I finally got my fafsa straightened out today. Hooray!
Field school is fun.

and ellen, I'm a gonna be senior, I'll take your survey

Yay for fafsa straigtened out! And yay for taking my survey! I'll PM it to you since it's all like, boring and stuff. Thanks! :hyper:

Now I just need freshmen to take it. I'll harass the ones at school, they're generally scared of the big kids. :D

It's the Seinfeld of threads - a thread about nothing! :D

Ooo, and actually Kim I think I might need one more, so I'll PM it to you too. Thanks! And yeeeees, I want to see piiiiictureeeees. :yes:

And "straighteningouting" is officially the word of the day.

hey all...i've been sooooo busy at work. i had to come in today at 7:30...and now i have to stay til 5 and come back at 11pm. damn bacteria to hell :grumpy:

heh. sorry...enough profane laura for the day

in other news, i spent WAY too much at the victoria's secret semi-annual sale...but i now have cute little bra and underwear sets...one's even pale pink and lacey :wink:...so yeah...and 3 of the 4 other girls in my house spend more than me there...so we basically bought out v.s....heh. good times...we all had a show and tell with our bras...lmao.

um...what else? oh yeah. tomorrow i have to bring my family to the airport. yeah, they're all going to argentina without me. and i have to dog sit. i'm quite the lucky bastard, no? but along those lines, for the next almost 2 weeks i'll have the hosue to myself if anyone wants to visit...*coughs in the direction of ellen and lies*...my dad even went grocery shopping for me. i'm scared to find out what he purchased cause he thinks i like...heh.

oh, and wierdest coincidence. i was walking into the mall talking to my roommate about cars. i said "that's what i like about the prius" and randomly pointed in teh general direction of the parking lot as i said it. exactly at that second i heard a honk, looked, and it was my dad driving up in the prius, exactly where i was pointing. he apparently needed jeans and randomly came to the mall. isn't that the wierdest thing ever?

DREEEEEEEEEEAM TWIIIIIIIIIIIN! you're back!! i haven't talked to you in months, i swear! you must visit michigan now that you're done with your education :wink:...

and finally...ellen, i swear i saw a shirt like that somewhere...lmao though.

man, i'm quite the time waster today...oh well. they can handle it. so far this week i've worked 11 hours mon, 10 hours tues, and i'll end up working at least 10 hours today. wtf? 40 hours a week my ass. at this rate i should get friday off...but will i? nooOOOooo.

sorry. i'm bitter.

doood, my research prof just walked through the room, i'd better go :ohmy:

cute kittens, btw.

man, i'm really rambling today...

aaaaaaaaaand, i'm done.

Last edited:
yay pictures!
I'd show you pictures if my lazy boyfriend ever sends them to me.
Well, pictures other than kitty pictures.

Did I tell you I have to accompany him to Missouri for the 4th? Apparently I agreed to it sometime in the past that I don't recall. He says most of the 27 cousins are going to be there (and some-teen aunts and uncles and grandparents)... I'm scared.
AND I have to wear a bathing suit that I bought 20 pounds ago.
AND his brother's bringing HIS girlfriend, so I'll spend all weekend worrying about being the cutest girlfriend.
*starts dieting*

:yikes:

:hug: Kristie. I just got back from a long weekend in Iowa spent with Phil, Phil's parents, older brother and his girlfriend, older sister and her husband, and younger sister and her friends. And I too, wore a bathing suit. Mostly b/c they like to talk about sports and play video games and I'd rather sit on the garage roof and catch some rays while reading a good book. His family is really loud and roudy and likes to do sports things or play games. I think they're a bit taken aback b/c I'm so independent and don't follow Phil around like a sad puppy dog the way his ex girlfriend used to. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom