I knew there was something I had to do.....Catorce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yale accepted me!

They don't want to give me any money though, so if anyone else wants me AND wants to give me money they'll win. I'm still waiting on 4 more schools.

Kristie said:
Yale accepted me!

They don't want to give me any money though, so if anyone else wants me AND wants to give me money they'll win. I'm still waiting on 4 more schools.

Congratulations!! :hug:

:bow:

So I was at the dentist today and finally convinced him to take out my wisdom tooth for me (instead of sehr expensive oral surgery) and he said yes, he'll do it TOMORROW. Good thing I bought more rainbow sherbet....

Kristie said:
Yale accepted me!

YAY!!!! :hug:

That rocks, twin :D

But stupid them for not giving you money... they should know about the poverty of graduate students...

hi kelly! :wave: :hug:

Apparently Yale doesn't give money to anyone in their master's programs. I must have missed that on their website, otherwise I'd have applied to their PhD program. However, Columbia fully funds ALL their PhD students in anth, w/stipends and all... I'm still waiting to hear from them. *crosses fingers*

Lies, I'm glad they'll take your tooth out instead of surgery. Surgery sucks. However, that reminds me... I'm fairly certain one of my wisdom teeth is growing in sideways. I need to call a dentist.

Tooth.jpg

My son and his girlfriend just showed up at my house and she has a very nice new ring.:D Looks like we're going to have a wedding here. One down, three to go.

Kristie said:
hi kelly! :wave: :hug:

Apparently Yale doesn't give money to anyone in their master's programs. I must have missed that on their website, otherwise I'd have applied to their PhD program. However, Columbia fully funds ALL their PhD students in anth, w/stipends and all... I'm still waiting to hear from them. *crosses fingers*

Lies, I'm glad they'll take your tooth out instead of surgery. Surgery sucks. However, that reminds me... I'm fairly certain one of my wisdom teeth is growing in sideways. I need to call a dentist.

Tooth.jpg

Kristie, I was just lurking on this thread and saw that you're in anthro? Is that correct? Ok, two anthropologists on interference is completely bizarre :)

ruffian said:

Kristie, I was just lurking on this thread and saw that you're in anthro? Is that correct? Ok, two anthropologists on interference is completely bizarre :)

he he he.......hi I was just lurking also...ummm counting me that makes three anthropologists.:rockon: yeah, I have a degree in antho also.....

Dismantled said:

he he he.......hi I was just lurking also...ummm counting me that makes three anthropologists.:rockon: yeah, I have a degree in antho also.....

well now I'm terrified :crazy:

kellyahern said:
I'm not an anthropologist.

Should I leave now? :shifty: :lol:

oh no! anthropologists love people :hug:

Kristie, I'm a cultural anthropologist (I specialize in medical anthropology/gender/migration). Anyway, couldn't resist saying hi. Congrats on your acceptance :)

I've taken anthropology classes in the sociology department and my school doesn't have an anthro major but I'm a soc major, does that count? Or does that mean I'm going to be beaten? :wink:

Also, yes, I'm aware that the above was horribly written. :D

I had some news to share but I forgot what it was.
Oh! This wasn't it, but at work today I had to buy a present for the King of Jordan.
So yeah, I was like "hey, nifty."

I got a degree in business administration and then went for one in communications and then just because I hadn't had enough of school got my masters in teaching. Am I okay?

i'm okay, you're ok, we're all okay.
ultraviolet, you're close enough with soc...

u2granny, you have reached your education quota. nothing left to do but regress at this point.

i'm on sabbatical this semester so i'm especially ok! when i return in the fall to present my research I'll be sure to point out I went to 5 u2 shows in the spring. wonder how that would go over?

ruffian said:
i'm okay, you're ok, we're all okay.
ultraviolet, you're close enough with soc...

u2granny, you have reached your education quota. nothing left to do but regress at this point.

i'm on sabbatical this semester so i'm especially ok! when i return in the fall to present my research I'll be sure to point out I went to 5 u2 shows in the spring. wonder how that would go over?

:lol:
If I hadn't farted around for so many years I could have my phd like my mom and sis.

I'm sure the school would be happy to learn how I have been spending my medical leave.

Last edited:
ruffian said:

oh no! anthropologists love people :hug:

Kristie, I'm a cultural anthropologist (I specialize in medical anthropology/gender/migration). Anyway, couldn't resist saying hi. Congrats on your acceptance :)

actually, I hate people... so I deal with dead people
I'm an archaeologist :wink:

Kristie said:

actually, I hate people... so I deal with dead people
I'm an archaeologist :wink:
\

:lol: ah, so you're on of those people fond of squatting, crouching, and dirty fingernails...:yikes:

i did work at an etruscan site (a field school) for 2 summers that was pretty phenomenal in terms of the wine :)

Dismantled said:

3 anthropologists? I guess we can say Bono is an interesting specimen, then!:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom