I hate the library so much.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greeneyedgirl

ONE love, blood, life
I hate going to the library so much that when we get there I pretend to go to the bathroom.
I sit in there and clean out my purse, re-do my make-up, check my phone messages, call a friend, balance the checkbook....
Twenty minutes later, I come out, find my husband and he's ready to leave.
He's happy, I'm happy....
But I think he's on to me.........I never come out of there with anything.

:lmao:

i'm a :nerd: too.I love reading, and so do my kids, thats why my 6 year old can read and my 4 1/2 year old is starting too (he can pick out sight words)!

Education=Knowledge=Power

Ps.....I'm reading Sophie's World by Jostien Gaarder at the moment!

You are bored, thats all!
Look there is stacks of stuff you would like, you are already a self-confessed U2 fan, chek out the books on U2. A good one to get would be BONO on BONO by Michka Assayas, a kick ass book!
While your hubby is off doing his thing you can check out the rocker stuff!:up:

As long as you and your man are comfortable with how you are both dealing with the library issue, then everything seems alright.

There are lots of things in libraries. I hated them until I found the sections I liked, and also that there were so many videos and DVDs and stuff - maybe you could check those out.

Also, for me, there happen to be some hotties who like books, too, so another reason to enjoy the library.

I like libraries, but the one at University is so disorganised it takes ages to find anything :mad:

I hate going to the school library b/c it's SO HUGE and I can never figure out the book numbering system. By the time I find what FLOOR I'm supposed to be on, the books I need always end up being on the floor where the seminary students are, and they get pissed if you're not absolutely quiet. Then, the books are arranged so that letters A-C take up 95% of the shelves and of course I need something starting with H and then a gazillion decimal spaces after. I look for hours and then have to go back down several floors to the reference desk to ask for help and half the time, we never find the book.

When I'm writing papers, I try to find legitimate, peer-reviewed sources using full-text online copies in one of the academic databases we have access to. Then I can simply login from home and print off the article, which gives all the citation info from the actual published writing so it's the same material I could've spent hours trying to find in print.

I work part-time in a library. It's a pretty busy place. I love libraries when I'm not working in one, though. I always raid the history section and check out too many books to carry out comfortably.......I have to lug the damn things.

I worked at a library part time, and i must say for $6.50 an hour, it was the easiest job ever. it's a hell of a lot better than working at Kmart. :yuck: I do 20x the work at kmart that i did at the library per hour, and for only $6 rather than $6.5. Hopefully when i go home this summer from school, ill be able to work there again.

JMScoopy said:
I worked at a library part time, and i must say for $6.50 an hour, it was the easiest job ever.

$6.50 an hour?!

here in clark county library employees make about four times that much.

and you don't want to know what administrators make. you'd cry. i know i do.

I love libraries! :D
Scanning through all the books. Imagining I have the attention span to get through all the ones that interest me :drool:
Walking in with my iPod cranked, bopping my head, turning it off and then realizing that the place is actually quiet :ohmy:

When I lived in Oregon I used to bust butt from my landscaping job to the library (it was closer than my house) to try and catch starsforu2 in the octagon bar :drool: The one hour time limit sucked, but it was totally worth it :sexywink:

When I was 16 I tried getting a job at the library too. They said I was too young
:sad:
Maybe they were just too old!

Back
Top Bottom