I had this thought about a U2 gathering....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
I was thinking that after Elevation is over (since we'll all be poor from buying a zillion tickets), that maybe we could have an Interference get together somewhere. Since I'm in the US I was thinking we could have in in the middle of the country somewhere or whatever. Just a thought...anyone think this might work?

PS I'm no good at planning stuff like this. This was just an idea if anyone wanted to try it out.
smile.gif

------------------
"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"I was in charge of this band for two days. Two days was all I lasted." -- Larry

"There's a lot of people that expect a lot of things from U2, and people will never get what they expect." -- Bono, 1982

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
I was thinking that after Elevation is over (since we'll all be poor from buying a zillion tickets), that maybe we could have an Interference get together somewhere. Since I'm in the US I was thinking we could have in in the middle of the country somewhere or whatever. Just a thought...anyone think this might work?

I think it would be rather expensive for everybody. The only way such a thing might work is maybe in the summer, when students are off school, and most people take their vacations.

What might be more plausible is if you were to pick a weekend, and then have several gatherings. Maybe one southern Ontario/New York state for the east coast, Vancouver/Seattle for the northwest, LA for the southern west coast, and something like Atlanta in the middle.

Originally posted by anitram:
I think it would be rather expensive for everybody. The only way such a thing might work is maybe in the summer, when students are off school, and most people take their vacations.

What might be more plausible is if you were to pick a weekend, and then have several gatherings. Maybe one southern Ontario/New York state for the east coast, Vancouver/Seattle for the northwest, LA for the southern west coast, and something like Atlanta in the middle.

Good point..and good ideas. Like I said I'm not at all a good planner of such events.
smile.gif
Anyone else have any ideas?

Party at my house!

Everybody's invited!
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I think that would be cool.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 09-05-2001).]

Meet in Vegas and see the band at the same time. Fill the heart with Interfacers.

------------------
The goal is soul

http://eliv8.fws1.com/

Originally posted by Eliv8:
Meet in Vegas and see the band at the same time. Fill the heart with Interfacers.

I'm all for this! let's all go to the Vegas show! can you imagine what a party THAT would be???

And one in England for all us English fans or any from anywhere in the Uk.
Laura.

------------------
Sometimes it is necessary to touch bottom in order to know which way is up

Wow, i am trying to do this in the Netherlands, there is intrest overhere.

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

id sooner have someone curb stomp my penis and jaw into the curb, after drinking nuclear waste before taking a huge shit in front of a million girls before ever even wanting to meet any of the super-loser un-cools that call interference an internet home of theirs.

------------------
-deathbear

I'd travel anywhere in the US! Actually, i'd be more than happy to leave this place and go to any party outside the US too, but i doubt I'll be able to do that anytime soon.
But if its in these 48, I'll go!! So alert the proper authorities!!!!
eek.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista, that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

I'd love to go to an Interference gathering!! What a splendid idea! Don't worry deathbear, we wouldn't miss ya... besides, we wouldn't want you there only to repeatedly remind us all that the answer is fries, and threatening to cut the kids in half...
wink.gif

(I say "we" intentionally... speaking for us all!)
cool.gif

Yours truly, the loser-uncool
biggrin.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

Alright, alright... I'll give my good mate Bono a call, he'll be cool with us borrowing Elevation Air. I'll get all of you kids picked up, fly down here and I'll throw a big party here in Sydney.
Everyone bring one bottle of spirits.
Can a few people make salads?
I'll get the meat.

------------------
"Don't worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

matt2870@hotmail.com

everyone show up naked with a fish!

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Back
Top Bottom