I dont like fast cars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its hard to even think of judging this song. If someone had played the first 30-40 seconds of Mercy, I would not of expected it to be the beauty that it is.

mikal said:
i can't fathom how one could judge a song without even hearing its chorus.:|

what? so take the song you dislike the most ever and tell me that after 40 seconds of it you wouldn't judge it and say you don't like it? of course you can judge a song without hearing the chorus. I doubt the chorus to fast cars is going to be completely different to the start and completely change my opinion of the song.

The critics from a bunch of different sources didn't say this was the most exciting song of the lot for nothing...:eyebrow:

Heartland Kid said:

what? so take the song you dislike the most ever and tell me that after 40 seconds of it you wouldn't judge it and say you don't like it? of course you can judge a song without hearing the chorus. I doubt the chorus to fast cars is going to be completely different to the start and completely change my opinion of the song.

i'm going to hold you to that.

Heartland Kid said:
at all!!! :(

So Heartland Kid what do you think of Fast Cars now that we have the whole song? I wasnt sure of the "loop", but now that i've heard the whole thing i love it. Great song, new sound bold lyrics A+

I think Fast Cars and Mercy are becoming two of my all-time favourite U2 songs..I can listen to an mp3 mix and they both stand up to my other long-time favourites.

I hated it at first, but now it is cool. Not top 10 U2 songs or anything, but it is a nice light-hearted romp to take up my listening time.

Re: Re: I dont like fast cars

theedge111 said:

So Heartland Kid what do you think of Fast Cars now that we have the whole song? I wasnt sure of the "loop", but now that i've heard the whole thing i love it. Great song, new sound bold lyrics A+

Haven't heard the full thing yet. I'l download it later tonight. I will let you know if my opinion has changed after I've given it a few listens. I will be completely honest. I hope my opinion will change, but I can't see it happening.

Back
Top Bottom