i can't stand brussels sprouts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
they have the grossest taste i think. :yuck: i have never liked them and plus they don't look that great either if you see Ernest Scared Stupid where the brussels sprouts grows on trees and turns into those troll creatures. In Ernest's voice: "EWWWWWWEEEEEWWWWWW" :wink:

Brussel sprouts are truely disgusting. If you read Yertles vegie thread, I was suggesting different vegies for him. Not once did I recommend brussel sprouts. They are demon spawn. :|

beli said:
If you read Yertles vegie thread, I was suggesting different vegies for him. Not once did I recommend brussel sprouts. They are demon spawn. :|

thats what made me think of them, lol

Hey, I like brussel sprouts. My question is how were they prepared? Most people are stupid and boil them and then force their kids to eat them. Never boil brussel sprouts, it does make them taste bad. Try sauteing them, then they are good.

I only have a real hate for one vegetable/ fruit.

Tomatoes
:mad:

Ew, me either! Just the smell of them being steamed/boiled or whatever :barf: It's one of the few things I don't like and STILL won't eat when covered in cheese (cheese :drool: ). When we were little, we found this box turtle in the woods and one night we had brussel sprouts. We didn't want them and the turtle LOVED them.

I love veggies, much more than I love fruit, but brussel sprouts are one of the few I won't eat. Along with beets.

I think brussel sprouts are cute to look at, but I don't like to eat them.

Stalk.jpg

Well I think they look cute. :( :shrug:

Although they still taste vile.

Lara Mullen said:
I only have a real hate for one vegetable/ fruit.

Tomatoes
:mad:

I'm not much of a tomato person, either. Also don't care for spinach. Never had brussel sprouts, though, so can't comment on those.

I don't like peas. Peas taste bland to me.

I'm not much of a vegetable person in general, come to think of it-more of a fruit person. One vegetable I don't mind is carrots, but they have to be cooked, I don't care for them raw.

Angela

Weird, this is the ONLY green veggie my husband will touch with a ten foot pole.

They are no good when they've been frozen. They have to be cooked a long time in their own juice until they are dark olive green and almost squishy. Then they're delicious. The brighter green they are, and the harder they are, the worse they will taste.

Ewww brussel sprouts the worst veggi on this earth next to green peppers. As kids we call them purex balls we thought they tasted like bleach . :madspit: and yes I have tasted bleach before it was a kid thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom